“Great place to stay before an early morning flight”

Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Ranked #11 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Swayzee, Indiana, United States
“Great place to stay before an early morning flight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay before an early morning flight. There was no traffic and the drive to the airport was quick and easy. The hotel is very clean and updated. The bed was very comfortable. If hearing airplanes taking off at 3:30 am is a problem...this hotel might not be for you. Check in was quick and easy. Breakfast had made to order waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereal and some pastries. Overall, if we have to fly out of Indianapolis airport again, we will stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites

Room Tip: We ended up in a handicapped room...which we did not need, but there was plenty of extra room for lu...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
LJ C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and guess what, we now offer free earplugs for light sleepers. So we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Toledo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I knew this Hampton Inn is located by the Indianapolis Airport, but I forgot it is a bit of a drive off I-70 - even though you can see it from the interstate. However, it is not by the cluster of hotels near the former entrance to the airport off I-465, but just southwest along I-70. I was in town for work and was mainly working downtown but chose to stay out by the airport for the price (I should have instead stayed at the Hampton Inn-East).

The property itself is very nice. Obviously a newer location that was built with the new entrance to the Indianapolis Airport off I-70.

I made my reservation online about 20 minutes before my arrival. When I arrived, the person working at the front desk was arguing about a food order refund she should receive because the food did not meet what she ordered. While I understand her frustration and I too work a job where I often times do not have time for a lunch/dinner break, she probably should have discontinued the call when I arrived to check-in and picked it up later. Since she was on the phone, the airport shuttle drive for the Hampton Inn and the neighboring Hilton Garden Inn then tried to check me into the hotel. He had issues logging into one of the computers and the previously mentioned employee on the phone had to use their login for the computer (while still arguing about a refund on the food order). I politely asked if there were any complimentary room upgrades (Saturday night at an airport hotel, I figured the occupancy would be low) and I made it clear I didn't want to pay more on the room. The person checking me in said sure while his counterpart on the phone (who is off the phone at this point) said, "wow, he's nicer than I am. I wouldn't do that because normally room upgrades are for Diamond members (I'm Gold)." So I received the king suite. However, the original employee did give me a stack of cards for discounts on taxi fare with a particular company in Indianapolis (10% off on non-airport trips, 5% for airport trips). Beware, it is about a $35-$40 cab ride to downtown Indianapolis from this property... thus why I should have stayed four miles closer to downtown at the East location.

The staff working in the morning were very helpful with a request I had for some milk for cereal that I travel with because I missed the breakfast window because I traveled to a gym. They held the milk for me in a refrigerator until I checked out around noon. This is when I discovered there was an power/channel changing issue with the television in the dining area of the lobby (I forgot to mention this to the front desk! My apologizes.)

When I left the hotel, I neglected to look a the receipt slipped under the door. I did so while driving about 10 minutes away from the property to find my bill was $40 more than I expected from the reservation I made. I then turned around to head back to the hotel to straight out the billing issue. Again, my fault for neglecting to look before I departed - something I generally do after stays.

The same front desk employee that helped me earlier did the same. The issue was in the hotel charging me for the king suite when I booked under the double points promotion at $40 less a night. She said it should be taken care of with the next round of night auditing and she even gave me a new receipt to reflect the price I should be charged. I'm confident this took care of the issue and I appreciate her help.

Finally, nice property in itself, I'm just not high on the location IF downtown is your primary destination. Yes, you can take I-70 straight from the hotel to downtown, but the drive combined with the location of the hotel two miles (!) off the interstate makes it seem like much more of a hassle (considering you can see it from the interstate).

Room Tip: Ask nicely for a complimentary room upgrade at check-in, just make sure to check your bill when you...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here because of the distance we live from the airport and the ugly weather conditions. On most trips, we make it a point to stay at Hampton due to our pleasant experiences with the brand. We were not disappointed on this trip. The facilities were excellent as was the service!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Adraab10, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hello Michael H,

Just wanted to send you a quick thanks for choosing our Hampton during with your recent trip and providing us with some feedback from your visit. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight from your stay and hope we can assist with any other hotel needs in the future.

We strive to have every guest leave as satisfied with their visit as you did and we're all so please to read of your positive experience.

Andrew
Guest Relations Manager
Spring Hill, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I can say what everyone else is saying, really nothing to add. Simply put, an excellent property. I was impressed the moment I walked in by the front desk staff. They were really great! Extremely professional. I didn't find out how really good they were until I returned home a few days later to discover I had left a really valuable and cherished pair of precription glasses in my room. Not really expecting to ever see them again, I called and spoke with Jennifer. She was just owesome. She found my glasses in the lost and found and immediately had them shipped to me. They just showed up today! Thank you Jennifer and also please thank the honest housekeeper that turned them in. I will thank you in person next time we stay in Indianapolis. There is no doubt where we will stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
LJ C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hi Kansascloud,

We are so glad we could accommodate you for your visit with us and also assist with getting your glasses back following your trip home. Our whole team loves to go above and beyond for our guests. We strive to have everyone leave 100% satisfied with their visit and I'm glad that was the impression we left you with.

If you visit Indianapolis again in the future, we hope we can assist with any hotel needs. Once again, thanks for choosing our Hampton!

Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

So I drove about 7 hours after working a half day in Jefferson City Missouri, almost 600 miles from this hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana. I'm on interstate 70 when I pull into a truck stop to return a call from my boss, and he asks me for a huge favor, "Can you open your computer and work on this project with me?" Well, 3 hours later, working in the cab of my pickup, the project is complete, and I'm so exhausted and a little ticked off as well, anyways I check my Hitlon Honors Club website to see if I can find a room, and Yes, there's a Hampton Inn 10 miles up the road, I book a room immediately and arrive in 10 minutes.I'm greeted as I walk in by the most friendliest, smiling, happy young woman. I told her my name and she said she just made my keys, we had a little chit about the weather and some quick small talk. Her name is Samoyah, forgive me if I misspelled it, she said just call her Moya. Wow, that greeting turned my whole miserable day around, as tired as I am, I needed to recognize this woman for cheering me up, putting a smile on my face and getting me checked in promptly, proffessionally and that kind of friendliness that makes you feel special. Well, not only was I impressed with that greeting, but I was impressed with my room, it is so clean and comfortable. I am going to crawl into this king size bed that is so inviting and calling my name. If you're in the neighborhood, I would definately give this hotel high points for service, cleanliness and value. I'm too tored to write any more, safe travels folks. Joe

Room Tip: I don't know how to choose a good room, but I'm happy the staff does.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joe L
Hi Joe L,

Thank you so much for the great feedback from your visit with us at the Hampton Airport! We love hearing about great experiences and I'm so glad you found your stay to be so fantastic. I have made it a point to make Somayah aware that she made such a great impression as we strive to do with every guest.

We really appreciate you taking the time to post your review and recommend the hotel so highly. If you're ever back in the area, we look forward to assisting with any hotel needs you have.

Union City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Excellent staff, very clean, newness is still evident. Excellent bed and great bathrooms! Breakfast was hot and tasty, had something for everyone. Just around the corner from the airport, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi Tonya B,

We so appreciate you taking the time to post some insight into your visit with us. We love hearing what guests thought of their stay, especially when everything went so great. From the breakfast to the excellent staff and room, you hit on so many of the areas we work so diligently to get right.

Once again, thanks for the kind words on your visit. I hope you will visit us again if you're in the Indianapolis area!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Indianapolis Airport Hampton Inn the night before leaving on trip. We had a very early flight, and it was less hassle than leaving from home, which is about 90 minutes away. This relatively new hotel is located just off Ameriplex Parkway very close to the new Indianapolis Airport terminal, unlike many of the older airport hotels which were built near the entrance to the old terminal. We found it very convenient to get to, comfortable, and set far enough back from the road to be surprisingly quiet. The desk clerk was friendly and accommodating when we checked in. The room was clean and comfortable and had free wifi. Like all Hampton Inns, there is a free breakfast. When we left in the morning to catch our flight, it took just 5 minutes to get to the airport. This is a great option for travelers who need convenient access to the Indy airport or just need to stay in the area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank James L
Hello James L,

I was so pleased to read your great review of our property! We work to have everyone enjoy their stay as you did. Our whole goal is to make it easy to travel for all of our guests. Glad you found our Hampton to be so close to the new terminal and in a quiet location to rest up before your flight.

Once again, thanks for the great review. Hope we can assist with any future lodging needs you may have.

Take Care