“Stayed there for Dance Competition”

Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast
Ranked #12 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We stayed at this Drury this past weekend while in Indy for my son's team dance competition. The hotel was full to the hilt with all sorts of kids in for this dance competition, hockey tournaments and wrestling tournaments. Not only was it a great stay, there were no problems with so many kids in one spot. The staff was tolerant but things were orderly and smooth:) We love Drury because they are always clean and comfortable and this was no exception:) Definitely would stay here again. In fact, we are in March:) Thanks Drury;)

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed the Drury Inn during a family trip to Indianapolis to see the Children's Museum and the Zoo. The location was convenient - right off the highway, and minutes away from the attractions we wanted to see. The employee at the reception counter immediately set the tone for our stay - she was friendly and accommodating, and we had similar experiences with other staff members we encountered. The room was clean and comfortable, but the best feature of our stay was the food. After spending hours at the museum, we were so tired - and it was really nice to have the well-stocked "snack" buffet as an option. We ate a full dinner, which was included in the price of the hotel, and we didn't have to leave to locate an off-site restaurant. There were plenty of choices, and our four-year-old was very happy with the kid-friendly food. We were even given drink tickets so we could enjoy a few glasses of wine or a cocktail.
After eating, we spent time in the pool and jacuzzi. The pool wasn't large, but it was a good size for families, and our son loved the half inside/half outside feature. The room was clean and the water was pleasantly warm even though it was a cool night. During the evening, we also enjoyed the free popcorn - even months later, my son (and husband) still talk about how great it was to be able to help ourselves from the popcorn machine whenever we wanted.
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and I will definitely look for Drury Inn hotels when I travel in the future.

Room Tip: We took a tip from other Trip Advisor reviewers and requested a room on the side opposite the highwa...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Einahpets
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We picked this place somewhat randomly and were unexpectedly impressed. Our family (2 pre-teens plus mom and dad) take road trips regularly, but had never stayed at a Drury Inn before. After this visit (on New Year's Eve, nonetheless) we will seek them out in the future.

These rooms were really nice- bigger than most competitors-- especially the bathroom- and our walk in rate was $89-- works for me! They offer QUEEN beds, which we really appreciate since it seems like most hotels now only do doubles. Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the AC/heat/fan was not too loud (and we could control it). Heaps of channels on the TV, in room microwave and fridge, and guess what? It was QUIET in the room-- even on NYE! Very impressive.

The breakfast spread was immense and very good (better than other 'breakfast included' places that we often hit on the road). Staff that checked us in (Violet) was super nice, answered all my questions, and gave us a room that worked great. The woman running the breakfast bar the morning of New Year's Day (i'm sorry, I didn't catch her name...) was just a gem. Efficient, organized, friendly, kept the food fresh, hot and plenty, and was very kind to everyone.

Don't worry about the hub-hub/busy-ness of the cocktail/popcorn/pop hour (which was obviously a big hit with other guests-- just a bit too crowded for our taste). We checked in during the 5-7pm "kick back time" and the lobby was crazy! I almost didn't stay there because of all the commotion and fear that we wouldn't be able to get a quiet room, but thanks for Violet's explanation of what was going on, I gave it a shot and am really glad that we did.

Highly recommend this place. :)

1  Thank cynthia g
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed here during a busy holiday. The staff honored a discount coupon, which made our rate very reasonable. Our room was a dbl queen, very clean and well furnished. The breakfast and snack area was larger than most, well staffed, with plenty of food. They had a nice pool and hot tub, but it was crowded, so we did not use them.
Our bed was comfortable with good pillows, and a recliner in the room. Just a very good stay.
There's plenty of shopping and restaurants in the area, but it is on the far northeast part Indy.

Room Tip: We get a better rate by going directly through the hotel, rather than their reservation line.
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Our room was nothing special, but it was spotless, and everything worked. The location was great, near shopping, restaurants and the I-465 beltway. What really set this hotel apart for us was the unexpected extras. Each evening, the hotel has a "kick back" time; basically, it's a dinner buffet. When we were there they had chicken strips, baked potatoes, chilli, nachos and salad. Additionally, up to 3 "adult beverages" are included. There was also a popcorn station, so we were able to take some popcorn back to our room for an evening snack. The hot breakfast buffet was delicious and plentiful. The eating area was spacious and clean. Every staff person, from housekeeper to manager spoke to us. As I said, our standard room was nothing special, but the location and all the extras made this hotel one we will return to over and over.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I don't know if we'd pay full price, but it was nice for the holiday Visit Indy sale of $79 total. Large Dance team being loud and taking up most of the room, but mostly quiet during sleep hours. Most families taking full advantage of the free food and drinks. I liked the looks of the indoor/outdoor pool, although small! My few complaints are the popcorn and soda should run till 11pm for people that do dinner outside of the hotel. The interstate noise was slight...will probably ask for a room on the other side next time to see if it is better. Nice touch of the dispensers in the shower, but my husband found hairs wrapped up in 2 of the shower towels. That was kinda disgusting, but I don't think it will deter us from coming again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My husband often takes me to Indy for my birthday and we stay at a hotel and shop for Christmas. This time, we tried the Drury Inn for the first time ever. If we could give 6 stars, we would. It was fabulous. The people were so nice and friendly, the food was outstanding, and the room was amazing. The manager even gave us a deal to stay an extra night. We ended up only buying one meal outside the hotel - there was no need to go anywhere else. The hot breakfast was unbelievable. I eat healthy and my husband loves to eat traditional foods. This hotel had it all - I got hot oatmeal and fruit and he was able to have his gravy, potatoes and biscuits. Everything was displayed beautifully and it was hot and delicious. I can honestly say we will never even look for another hotel. I just wish there was one close to the airport so we could stay there when we are leaving to go to Florida. Keep up the good work folks - we'll spread the word.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate noise
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple