“Excellent all around...except for 1 little problem that ruined the stay.”

Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast
Ranked #11 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 18 October 2009

As a newer hotel that's close to the corporate offices of a business I visit regularly, I was excited to stay here for the first time last month. The hotel gets very high marks for staff enthusiasm, courtesy, friendlieness, and helpfulness. Being a newer hotel, it was spotlessly clean. I liked the breakfast area, although it did get a bit noisy when the "rush" hit about 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning. The room was similarly clean and comfortable. The wireless internet connection (free) was useful. I also liked their simply-put, straight-forward internet privacy policy ("You have no expectation of privacy...). No beating around the bush there--wish others would spare us the jibberish and just come out and say what is obvious: on an unsecured, free wireless internet network connection, you don't have any privacy!

There was just one problem, and I discovered later that a colleague who has stayed here twice experienced both times on this visit. I did not get my wake-up call, which made me late for a meeting. That is unaccetable, especially when I asked the front desk about the reliability of their wake-up calls. My back-up system for awakening (the hotel's very cheap alarm clocks) proved equally inadequate. The alarm did go off, but was so quiet that it couldn't be heard and didn't do the job. I'm not that heavy of a sleeper, either!

It may be a little problem to some, but it's enough to put them on my "one more chance" list. I'd like to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2009

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and sincerely apologize that you did not receive your requested wake-up call and experienced difficulty with the in-room alarm clock. We can certainly understand the frustration this brought and have shared your comments with our team so we can work to improve this service and eliminate situations like this from happening again. If ever during a stay at a Drury Hotel you have questions or concerns, please let us know right away so we can work to fix the issue as soon as possible. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast

Reviewed 10 October 2009

Great hotel, great rooms, very clean, quiet, friendly and helpful staff. Only 2 things that could have been better. First, I understand using plastic forks and spoons for breakfast, but do you have to use the cheapest ones on the market? there are lots of nice, strong disposable utensils out there. This was a damper on an otherwise fantastic breakfast. The second was the soap and shampoo, it seemed like it was very dated. I travel a lot and there are a lot of hotels who partner with suppliers such as Bed Bath and Body Works to supply a great experience, with lotions, and mouthwash, etc. Drury seems like they have the same supply they offered in 1971. These are very minor things when you compare them to the overall great experience. Stay there, you will not regret it, but I hope they change these 2 small issues before I return next year. ;-)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2009

What a wonderful place to stay! I was attending a family funeral, and could not have been much more comfortable at a Ritz Carlton. The staff was so gracious, and the room was spotless. I loved that there were two rooms with a door. My only, tiny complaint would be that the smoke alarm has a bright light that blinked all night right above the bed. (Good for safety, but sleep, not so much.) I wish I could transfer this hotel to one of my family's regular vacation spots!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Our experience with Drury Hotels has been mostly positive, and this stay was no exception. It's a newer Drury, and very nice: clean, well-appointed, and well-maintained. The fitness center is pretty good, breakfast is plentiful, and the staff is friendly. Check roomsavers.com for coupons for this hotel-- you can get an incredible rate, especially for what you get with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2009

Everything in this Drury is PERFECT AND they accept pets! Got a $54 deal through a RoomSaver magazine and was blown away by the quality of the room, service...everything was perfect.

They just couldn't have done any better.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank motorcity70
Reviewed 20 August 2009

This is only the second Drury Inn hotel (other was in Louisville), but you feel like you are paying a lot more money that what you actually are for a bathroom with marble floors, the evening coctail hours for little or no cost, the luxurious looking front desk area and the amply spacious rooms. Everything IS spotless as mentioned in other reviews of this hotel. It is like new and kept up quite nicely. We stayed here on our way home to Oklahoma as a quick stopover. VERY NICE FITNESS CENTER area.

P.S. - This is the only hotel I have EVER given all 5 stars on all ratings.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Stayed here for one night passing through Indianapolis on my way to Southern Indiana. This was the second time I have stayed at a Drury Hotel and I was not disappointed.

As is typical for most Drury Hotels, this is a large hi-rise hotel located conveniently to the freeway. Even though this hotel is at the junction of I-69 and I-465, it is easy to access either freeway in any direction.

The room was very clean with a large flatscreen tv, big bathroom, and thermostat controlled a/c/heater unit. Free long distance calls, manager's reception during the evening, and hot breakfast in the morning were all much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple