“Average Drury Inn with plenty of road noise”

Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast
Ranked #11 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Stayed at this hotel for the Final Four festivities. The first night raced downtown after check-in and then a late evening back to the hotel. We discovered overnight that the road noise on our side/end of the hotel facing the highway was very loud. The next day at around 11:30 am (Easter) went down to the front desk and waited for the large front desk lady to pause from complaining to someone in the back about having to work on Easter, and politely requested a new room away from the highway if possible. She said the hotel was pretty full and she doubted it, but also that she wouldn't know until later that day anyway, so come back later.....with-out checking a computer or anything. (again, it was close to noon when I asked) Could be I was not the first to complain about that, but it would have been nice if she would have checked something, or told me she had just looked and there were no rooms available or something. Anything other than just "come back later". I guess I was stopping her from complaining about her life and job, so just get the hell out of here so I can continue seemed to be the theme.

That kind of set the tone for the weekend. The lady assisting at night was very nice and seemed totally customer friendly, but the overall attitude of the staff was kind of like the hotel experience in general.... mixed and just ok. Room was decent and clean, but road noise was bad. Fan for A/C was loud too, not sure which was worse. Overall it seemed like a decent clean hotel, but free breakfast was just average, and due to the a.m. desk staff and loud road noise would find someplace else to stay.

I like Drury Hotels and use the ones in St. Louis frequently, but this one did not measure up.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2010

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and do want to sincerely apologize for the noise levels in the room, as well as for the front desk agent not giving full attention to you or your request. We certainly understand the frustration this caused and have shared your comments with our team. Your feedback will help us focus on and work to improve our services to eliminate situations like this from happening in the future. If ever during a stay at a Drury Hotel you have questions or concerns, please ask to speak to the manager on duty so we can work to fix the issue as soon as possible. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast

Reviewed 14 March 2010

My wife and I took a weekend away and decided to stay in this Drury hotel, as we try to always stay in Drurys. This was our 1st stay here and we will for sure be back, the staff was super nice. The rooms were really clean and spacious, we had a hot tub room and it was awesome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2010

I paid $76, including tax and they could easily charge $100 or more. I would absolutely stay here again.

Reviewed 31 January 2010

We just spent 3 nights at this location and I want to give it a definite thumbs up! We arrived late and Ebony checked us in quickly and efficiently. Even though it was past time for snacks/drinks, we were able to still get the kids popcorn and sodas.

This is a newer hotel and everything was wonderful. The rooms were extremely clean and even had a flat screen TV. Breakfast had hot and cold items and I never did hear anyone in the rooms next to us even though there were people in there. Their 5:30-7 Kickback is great also. We didn't even go out and eat one night! They had hot dogs/chili/ salad/baked potatoes, etc......If you like free drinks, you get that also! No hassle. 3 free drinks (alcoholic) per night.

The indoor outdoor pool was great, even if a little small. The location is fine too. We were in town for an event at Lucas Oil Stadium and was able to get there worry-free w/in 15 minutes.

Recommend to all and would definitely stay again. My new "favorite" hotel chain!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank travelmomof3Kentucky
Reviewed 25 January 2010

My wife and I were in town for a quick weekend trip and have a new favorite hotel chain. Everything about this Drury Inn and Suites was fantastic. From the smiling desk clerk who greeted us upon our arrival, until our checkout, everything was perfect. We booked an oversized king room, and expecting just a larger hotel room, we were thrilled to find a room with separate sitting area, 2 TV's, refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was exceptionally clean and the king size bed was comfortable. The best part of the stay was the e-saver rate that makes this hotel a real bargain. Less than 15 minutes from downtown, this is a great place to stay. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Their slogan is "extras are not extra". However there were problems with the basics. For example the heater went on and off all night making it harder to sleep. Cleanliness could have been better, I found a strange hair on out sheets. There were no free cocktails as advertised , I did stay on the night of January 1st, but I should have been told there would be no alcohol served. There was alot of road noise as hotel is next to the x-way. Lastly, the remote wouldn't work unless you were up and 3 feet from the T.V.
On the plus side all of the employees were super nice and the hotel was basically clean. The hot breakfast was great and evening snacks were good. The pool was freezing cold but that's expected in January. Location was good for quick access to downtown.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Lolenzek
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2010

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed the hot breakfast and hot evening snacks during your recent stay. We do want to sincerely apologize for the heater and cleanliness issues you encountered in your room. We certainly understand the frustration this caused and have shared your comments with our team. Your feedback will help us focus on and work to improve our services to eliminate situations like this from happening. If ever during a stay at a Drury Hotel you have questions or concerns, please let us know right away so we can work to fix the issue as soon as possible. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed 20 December 2009

We always look for Drury Inn and Suites wherever we travel. This particular one was about 20 minutes from downtown Indianapolis, but well worth the drive. The person at the front desk, Ebony, was very welcoming and helpful. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was good too. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family