“WOW”

Sybaris Indianapolis
ladygwennie
“WOW”
Reviewed 5 January 2008

Just got back from Sybaris and my husband and I had an amazing time. We stayed in the majestic suite. Originally we booked the paradise suite, however, when we got there the lighting in the pool room was faulty, so they were very apologetic and upgraded us to the majestic. It was amazing, we had a fantastic time. The pool was incredible (spent a lot of time in the pool).Loved that we could have the speakers just playing in the pool room! Steam room with shower was an absolute bonus, the hubby loved that, and overall was an amazing time. A couple of downsides, were that the jets on the whirlpool did not work (but wasn't a big deal for hubby and I) and that there was no remote for the dvd player or receiver. We did not complain, since we had an amazing time as it was, but we did let them know on the comment card, we received a free extended stay for the problems. Although there were a few hiccups and the decor is slightly cheesy, the place is incredible. Felt like we were in our own world and just had the time of our lives. Never had to worry about cleanliness at all (and i am paranoid about that), was above and beyond clean! Loved the robes awaiting us and the fun mirrors. We came prepared with drinks and snacks, and had dvds to watch, but there are snacks and drinks you can buy at the front desk if needed, and there are a selection of channels on the tv (including some adult ones if you want to indulge). If you want some romance and fun in your love life, I would absolutely recommend it. We are already planning our next visit :)

• Liked — The pool
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ladygwennie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We just got back from an overnite getaway for myself and hubby at the Sybaris Indianapolis.
We received a gift certificate from a family member for a Sybaris Signature suite. We made our reservation and were looking forward to this little adult cottage visit, since also it was our 27th wedding anniversary. :)
I can't say enough positives about our stay. We brought some snacks and drinks in a cooler, since we were aware they had a mini frige and micro-wave in our reserved room.
Hotel staff was extremely friendly and welcoming to us both.
Upon arrival, when we opened the door to our individual cottage, we were impressed. The ambiance of the room and the 2 plush his and her robes on the bed welcomed us to our overnite paradise.
There are so many wall switches for lights and extras we just were so impressed. All individual areas of cottage were large and so easy to move around and even a massage leather chair.
The separate glass walled pool and steamroom area were so impressive and inviting to us both. The temperture in our own personal pool was perfect, the pool went from 3 feet to 5 feet, with easy walk in steps, plus a waterfall above the middle of pool area, that you controlled on or off with a wall switch. That was our favorite, to have the heated pool for ourselves in our cottage. The cleanliness was excellent in all areas. My husband and I both enjoyed our visit here. I know prices are high, but, everyone once in their lives, should experience this unique getaway. If you leave this cottage unhappy, then you arent in love with your honey. This is a must do, it should be on all couples in love to do list!!!!!!! Check in time was 6:00pm, and check out time was 11:00am. A perfect overnite for couples, lovely & special :)

• Liked — This was a special romantic retreat for us both that was sooo unique and fun! :)
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
6 Thank SweetCincy
Lovestruck, NM
Reviewed 3 April 2007

This was absolutely by far, our best getaway. We had heard from a friend about this romantic hotel catering to couples, and had to try it for our second anniversary trip. It was absolutely worth the rate of the room, and we absolutely enjoyed ourselves. The staff and personnel, upon check in, was so delightful, making it one of our best check in experiences. Then when we called the front desk later for a question of where to dine, they were very helpful, and efficient. The room was absolutely amazing, we had the suite with the private 16ft swimming pool, and cascading waterfall with whirlpool tub, and steam room. Although located on a very busy street, once the door's closed, we were in our own world, and the rest of the sound retreated into the background. It was very romantic, and if your looking for a spectacular wedding night, anniversary trip, or even trying to rekindle the magic of your relationship, I highly recommend locating a Sybaris, and staying there. There are I think 5 other locations, other than the Indy one, but having stayed there and enjoying our experience, we absolutely recommend this to everyone. Upon checkout, the staff was friendly, and offered discounts certificates on our next stay, and referral cards to give to friends. If your going to rekindle your relationship, and the romance you once had with each other and the stay in this hotel doesn't do it, then I suggest getting out of the relationship. If your marriage has become second place to your busy life, and you feel you may be falling out of love with that person go here to find out. My husband and I are seperated through Military requirements on his job, and had become busy with daily life and activites. Although we were happy with each other, and still in love, we felt we needed to reconnect on that level again. The mood, setting, music, and everything else was perfect. It was all the spark my husband and I needed to feel like we did when we were dating. This place lets you focus on the two of you while taking care of the romance, and setting.

• Liked — The champagne chilling by the whirlpool hottub, when we arrived at our room.
  • Disliked — We like everything-but should add this accomodation is not for children, or pets. Its couples only.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jmsalamo
Louisiana
Reviewed 12 October 2006

What's in a name? Everything, if it is "The Sybaris". I couldn't believe the attention that was given to make this stay a repeater. The staff took very good care of us. Brian, one of the managers, went above and beyond the call of duty. This stay is well over a five star rating. This is what I do for a living "Ever After event and vacation planning". I joined the club to get the discount for futur stays. If you need time alone with your spouse or just a weekend getaway this is the place to go. You won't be let down. It is in a very good location. Everything near by. After Katrina, we needed to get away. We were in Indy Labor Day Weekend 2006 for the big show ( The Nationals ) and we also celebrates our 25th wedding annivesary. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Private, secure, and the C L E A N L I N E S S was over the top. I like the use of a garage for entry into the Chalet. We will be back. They really need to expand. One suggestion. You need more closet space.
nolavj@yahoo

• Liked — Have to be 18 or older to stay here. No telephones. Quiet & in a good location.
  • Disliked — Not enough closet space
  • Tips/Secrets — You don't have to wait for a season or a reason to go. Just go!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
10 Thank nolavj
Reviewed 10 April 2006

My husband and I have stayed at Sybaris in Indy at least once a year since the first time we went. We absolutely fell in love with the place!!! It is truly more romantic than any other place we have been, and we have traveled quite a bit. Yes, it is pricy, and I thought it was crazy to spend that kind of money on a hotel for one night until we stayed there the first time. I have never left a place more relaxed, nor could you wipe the smile off either one of our faces for weeks. We have had all three levels of the swimming pool suites and they are all wonderful. Please go and see for yourself. It is worth the price and I am sure you will want to return.

• Stayed May 2005
18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2006

I took my partner there to celebrate her birthday. We had stayed before with no problems and were impressed with the cleanliness and attention of the staff. This time, unfortunately, was a very different story. Upon arrival, we noticed Huge, muddy footprints all over the floor. Because the cleaning staff was gone for the day and the other signature suites were booked, we had to tough it out. No refund was offered. We managed to cover the spots and tried to have fun but when we entered the pool area, my partner noticed a huge "splatter" stain on the mirror and a bunch of footprints. Horrified, we called the front desk and, again, nothing was done. We got out of the pool and decided that we could just enjoy the steam room and watch a movie we brought with us. The DVD Player has no remote and you can't operate the on screen menus without them so that was a wash. Someone from the desk, an elderly man with no expertise, came down and tried to fix the DVD player and in the process messed up the Satellite connection. When I finally complained to the manager, we were offered a stay on a Friday for the same price as a week night stay but that hardly made up for the spoiled birthday.

• Stayed January 2006
42 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 February 2006

It was the best place we have ever gone to & was really able to get away from our 3 teenage kids & everyday life in general! I would recomend it to anyone if your marriage is already wonderful or if you are having problems & want to fix it!

• Stayed February 2006