“Good for the bodies and souls.”

Sybaris Indianapolis
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My wife and I stayed at Sybaris Indy this past Monday and Tuesday nights. This was the second time we have spent 2 night retreats here. We occupied one of the Majestic suites which include a jacuzzi next to the large well lit and mirrored bed, a massaging chair, a separate room with a heated swimming pool and a steam room with 4 shower heads in the ceiling and a hand held shower head. All things worked well during our stay. The staff was again very competent and helpful. Thank god that all the suites are non-smoking, as there is nothing worse than having to breath someone else's stench. We look forward to our next visit. Sybaris is generous with their coupons and if you purchase a membership you save even more in the long run.

Room Tip: I can add nothing in this regard, as the suites are all separate buildings with adjacent parking and...
4  Thank steve m

Reviewed 27 January 2013

My husband surprised me with a weekend at Sybaris. We stayed in the cabin with the pool with a slide the first night. The water temperature was perfect! Usually when they say a pool is heated, it is still cool. The only issue we had was that my husband payed extra for candles in the room. They were there, set up, and beautiful, but they didn't leave a lighter or a way to light them! I'm sure we could've called the lobby to get one, but it was kind of after the fact once we were in the room. lol The front desk staff were all fabulous! We ordered a gift basket that was just average. It had a lot of lotion and bath items in it, a teddy bear, an eye mask, and some other odds and ends. It was very overpriced. We had chocolate covered strawberries in our mini-fridge. They were amazing!!! The place was very clean. There was not dust on the walls or even on the greenery, and there was a lot of artificial greenery! I was afraid i would be worried about cleanliness, but it was well-kept. The bathroom fixtures were dated and basic, but clean. The second night we stayed in a smaller pool room. It was equally clean, but had a few maintenance issues. The pool didn't stay as warm. When we got up the next morning, it had completely cooled down. There were other minor issues like a faucet that leaked, the jacuzzi stopper didn't shut all the way, and the air and heating unit made noises all night. The massage chairs were great. A fireplace unit was in the room that looked cozy even though it didn't put out heat. I would recommend going back to this place in the winter. I don't think it would have been as exciting if it had been sunny and warm outside, too. Part of the charm was that it was freezing cold outside. We plan to go back again some day. Definitely order the pizza that the front desk recommends. It was very good!

6  Thank Yvonne352
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We plan about three romantic trips to this Indianapolis Sybaris each year. The room is always spotlessly clean and we love the whirlpool tub and steam room/ shower. The staff is always courteous and helpful.
We plan a nice dinner out and then go back to relax in the whirlpool. The romantic mood is enhanced by the well designed lighting with a dimmer at each location.
We aren't big pool people so the cost is very reasonable for the deluxe whirlpool room.
We have been married for 40 years and these visits only strengthen a great marriage.

Room Tip: Great location for that special event or get away!
7  Thank Barbara and Dav... D
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The trip to Sybaris was amazing. My boyfriend surprised me with the getaway, I thought we where going to stay at a normal hotel as we hit up the diner drive-in and dive locations on the way their and back and maybe do something fun in Indianapolis. He made me close my eye’s and when I arrived in the room their where rose petals all over the bed. I was blown away, it was beautiful.
The hot tub was fun but the heat lamps above didn’t seem to work as I would have thought. The pool was great, we had the room with a waterfall, I wouldn’t really call it a waterfall myself, more of a water dripping. The pool was fantastic, a warm pool in the winter. I loved it! Although after warming up the 92 degree water was just a little to warm for my taste, 85 would have been perfect for me. With saying that I did stay in the pool for at least a hour at a time. The massage chair was great, and so much fun. The bed was the best I’ve ever slept in!
I took it as it was, I can’t complain. It was a beautiful mini vacation and I am very thankful for the time spent with my loved one in a very relaxing place. It was perfect! I wouldn’t pick apart the minor flaws, It’s not about the glamour of the location but more about the time away from the real world shared with your significant other. It’s a shame you can’t smoke inside. Having to go outside to smoke was bitter sweet. Yes it was cold but you could run back into that very warm water and cuddle up.
I would go back, I didn’t want to leave. We plan to do this once yearly. Its great. You should go :D

3  Thank Kelcie H
Reviewed 8 January 2013

First of all, this was the fifth trip (we think) for my wife & I to Sybaris in Indianapolis. We go there annually in December or January to celebrate another wonderful year of marriage. This year we booked the Majestic Swimming Pool Suite.

Although we will continue to visit this property again in the future, there is some modernizing which needs to be done in the not-too-distant future. First of all the bathroom is very low class (something you would find at a $35/night hotel - not $350/night). The shower stall is contractor grade, and the whole room is very unappealing. The sink area outside of the bathroom is not much better with out-of-date lighting, and the mirrored vanity shelf was broken in our suite. The plastic furniture around the pool has a low-grade Walmart look, and parts of our hot tub came off during operation. The price of the suites indicates that it's time for some modernization (all I can reference is our suite which needs some work - the others may be getting upgraded, but ours looks like the Majestic Suites have during past visits).

The rest of the property was wonderful, from a staff which is very helpful to security gates and individual buildings/suites which increase privacy. Everything was very clean, and comfortable. The refrigerator and coffee pot are a welcome touch, and the private pool (as always) is very inviting (although a little cooler this year - not bad, but not as hot as I remember). As I said above, we will certainly look forward to our return visit next year, but hopefully there are plans for some suite updates. I certainly recommend it for couples who need some romantic alone time!

3  Thank RockSteam
Reviewed 5 January 2013

This was a quick one night getaway for the hubby and I. Upon arrival, the front desk clerk was friendly and nice, and we were able to check in about 45 minutes early, instead of the 6pm check in. The suites are all their own building and very cute and welcoming. I felt like I was going to my own little house for the night! Plenty of parking right in front of our unit, where we could easily watch our vehicle and there was a keyed entry into the parking lot for added safety.

When I walked into the room I was impressed, the carpet was soft and freshly vacuumed, the room itself was clean and up to date. I had called ahead to ask if there would be an ipod connection in the room and sure enough they made sure to have one in there for me! The stereo plays through the whole suite which is amazing lol, and knowing that there isn’t somebody directly connected to you, I felt comfortable having the music on the louder side. There was a cd changer, DirecTV, a regular radio and a DVD player. All the lights had some sort of dimmer on them, and the lights around the bed were pretty cool too. The fireplace was just for looks and didn’t put out any heat which was fine with me! The massage chair was awesome and I definitely took advantage of it, many different settings and you could even spin around and look at any part of the suite that you wanted to while getting a massage, so if your special somebody was putting on a show in the pool or bedroom area, you could have a nice relaxing view of them! One thing I really liked about the layout was that you had a view of the entire room from almost every activity. For example, you could see the pool from the Jacuzzi and steam shower, you could see the pool from the entire bedroom area and so forth. Two sinks, and a ledge for any toiletry items you may have, a counter, kitchen sink, microwave, and small fridge. They also had a bag of ice in the freezer, wine opener, two champagne glasses, and two coffee cups in the kitchen area. There was a regular shower, which was very basic and a small area to hang coats and store luggage in the bathroom. I didn’t care that there wasn’t a dresser or a “place” to really put ur belongings bc we only brought one bag full of swimsuits lol and weren’t planning on staying a week, therefore we really didn’t need the space. The only negative thing I can come up with is the beds.... They are not comfortable at all to sleep on and we thought for sure it was an air mattress until we checked it!! Butttt you dont really go to a place like this to sleep anyway, so it wasn't a deal breaker!!

I don’t know what’s around the area bc we had already ate and finished up any shopping we needed before we headed towards the hotel. I do know that there is a pizza place and Chinese place that will deliver right to your door though, and a gas station across the street.

In short, I would definitely recommend this place to couples looking for a one of a kind unique getaway! I know that I will be planning a trip back asap and hopefully next time staying in one of the larger suites!!

2  Thank Amberlee W
Reviewed 4 January 2013

When you first pull into Sybaris it doesn't look like much. The community is gated with several "cottages" (over 20). We booked a Paradise room which was very cozy. When walking into the room the carpet was nice and plush, there was a massage chair, and a fireplace. My husband added "rose petals" to the package which was sprinkled across the king size bed, which was a very nice touch, and they had music on. It had a very romantic feel. They also left a long stem rose on the bed. The bed itself was comfortable and had lights surrounding it with "stars" above and a mirror. The pool was nice, the waterfall was nice but had COLD water coming out of it. Our pool bottom wasn't clean, but we told management and they compensated for it. The steam shower was probably my favorite part. It was very relaxing, almost like sitting in the rain. We also had a whirlpool tub, but they didn't have bubble bath, so we brought our own. There was also a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, wine bottle opener, and phone. The phone can't be used to make outgoing calls, and I believe no one can call in either. I think it is just an emergency phone or to call the front desk. There were two double sinks with heat lamps and typical amenities including toothbrush and toothpaste. The bathroom was small, but did include a Bidet, which was a surprise. One negative thing was that there wasn't a closet. There was a small cubby in the bathroom, but was very small and no doors. The TV had all the main channels, and even had the preminum such as Playboy.
We encountered minor things that didn't go over well, but management seemed to genuinely care and tried to make it right. The tile on the floors was clean, but dated. A simple remodel of the tile floors would make this room very nice.

There were many nearby restuarants and shopping areas including Fashion Mall, which is the biggest mall I've ever been in. This is a very nice area to stay in. We felt very safe.

Room Tip: Watch for specials. Indy has mostly Paradise rooms, with 2 Chalet and a few majectic and whirlpool.
5  Thank Rebecca L