“Can't wait to go back!”

Sybaris Indianapolis
Indiana
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 24 February 2009

We booked the paradise pool suite to celebrate our anniversary. There are no windows so no distractions. The pool temperature was perfect and the place looked spotless. The lighting under and over the bed made it perfect for romance. Even the small kitchen was nice. We took our own food and refreshments and the refrigerator was larger than I expected. His and her vanities were convenient also. Loved the surround sound which had speakers in the pool area as well as the sleeping and jacuzzi area. It felt like we were in our own little paradise. I'm recommending it to my son and his wife for their anniversary coming up soon. Our first trip was pricey but worth every penny. We left with some good discounts for our next trip.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michelle6887

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 6 February 2009

After reading all the reviews for Sybaris on tripadvisor.com, I was so excited to try it out for myself. My husband and I kept our eyes out for special offers and great deals. Finally, I stumbled across a gift certificate for the Paradise suite on Ebay.com. We picked the certificate up for a significant savings. We stayed at Sybaris on a Thursday night in early Feburary. Overall our experience was very romantic and very worthwhile. We had two problems with our stay: one, we had problems controlling the overall temperate of our room - it got too hot, then it was too cold. Secondly, our bathroom shower would not get hot, no matter how long we let it run. Because of the timeframe involved, we did not report the cold shower to Sybaris until we were checking out. They immediately gave us a gift certificate for a early/late check for our next visit. The suite itself was wonderful. OK, I'll give you that there is a little bit of 'cheesy' factor involved. Heck, isn't that why we went?!? The suite was super, super clean, the pool was very cool, everything was wonderful. Overall, our experience was absolutely wonderful. We will come back!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LKHS08
Missouri
Reviewed 31 December 2008

I have been reading about this property for several years and so, when the opportunity arose, I booked a Majestic Pool Suite for my wife and me. As we drove there I spoke in general terms about it and as we were close, my wife pulled out of her purse a promotional mailing that we had received and said she was going to book us a room here as well!

Let me say simply that everything good you read in the reviews here about the property are true: extremely clean, exceedingly clean. Cheesy? Oh, a little bit, but come on, it is fun. Super private. And the pool is fabulous.

If you are looking for a truly secluded romantic time away, this is the place. Fabulous.

We can not wait to go again.

Criticisms? Towels were not what I would expect in a place this costly, not soft and plush and not enough of them in the suite. And the fitted sheet did not stay on the bed. I was suprised the TV was not high def.

But...come on. Are you there to watch TV? I don't think so.

The pool and the pool area is fantastic, water nice and warm, the steam room is superb.

We can NOT wait to go again.

The staff at the desk was superb. We checked in and out very quickly and yes, you do get wonderful discounts for next time when you check out. Because I made a comment about the sheet and the towels, they gave me a free voucher for rose petals and a long stem rose for next time.

We are going to go for the largest suite next time. Can't wait!

Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul M
Indiana
Reviewed 16 December 2008

Finally I give back to this wonderful review site!
Sybaris is the one place my husband and I know best. We first came here 10 years ago to celebrate a wedding anniversary and we keep coming back. We have stayed in all 3 different "pool suites" in Indianapolis, and usually for 2 nights each stay. Note: I give an overall excellent rating but that does not mean we find everything excellent nor that we have not encountered a few small problems with Sybaris over these years. One of the reveiws here mention that their first trip was fine but on the second they found the place dirty and didn't feel they were taken good care of ... Out of our 12 visits there was only one time a pool suite was not exceptionally clean and it was nothing so serious that we didn't feel ok with just taking care of it ourselves. This IS NOT a "sex" hotel. Granted it is in an industrial area so if you want views (outside) this is not where you go. The individual buildings set along a private circular drive which is gated. It's for indoor romance and privacy. In any hotel there is the possibility of something going wrong now and then. We had miner pluming problems once and it not only was taken care of timely but they gave us a 50% off and an early check in for our next visit.
We have stayed in many different types of rooms in many different places (B&B's, cabins, lakeside, oceanfront, Germany, Poland, etc ...) so we have many comparisons. If you are looking for a place to just be wonderfully, comfortable together and nothing else, this place is hard to beat (in the USA, at this price).
I know, some consider it pricy but once you go you will start getting discounts and actually you can sometimes find first time discounts (we only paid full price once in 12 visits.) Also going through the week is best price with discount.
The highest priced pool suite (at Indianapolis) has it's own private connected carage and 2 levels with a water slide that comes down from your bedroom into the pool! I thought that would be such fun but I love water slides and this particular slide was such a disappointment ... (steep and FAST) it's over before you blink. Climbing the stairs was a real trun off for my husband. After trying all 3 pool suites we perfer what used to be called the original pool suite (sorry they've changed names a few times) It's the pool suite that has the smallest pool BUT the only pool with a swim jet! All pools have what they call a "waterfall" I call it a rain shower ... I do like it ... and they have recently made it more powerfull, (bring a snorkell so you can float face down under this "waterfall"! They all have the huge spa bath and hugh steam shower with plenty of room to have fun.
Once we discovered Sybaris we have a hard time going to other places (more true for my husband than me because I love the ocean ...)
Some reviews mention the "cheesy decor" I agree, it is clean and has a very modern style with quality fixtures but cheesy decorating and those sheets do come off (we bring elastic straps designed to keep corners together.) They used to have a gas firplace but have gotten rid of those (I miss that). I love the newer massage chair but the other two chairs are uncomfortable.
Overall my husband and I LOVE this place and we keep coming back. Oh. best to bring your own food (no interuptions etc..) We tend to go to a nice place to eat before checking in (it's true check-in is 6:00 and while they will occassionaly let you in a little early they usually do not.) Sometimes you can talk them into a free early check -in at 3:00 and you have the option of paying extra to check in early or check out late. There are some nice places to eat about 10 minutes away and many places in Indy that are not too far away.

• Liked — The pool and privacy
  • Disliked — Cheesy decor
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TheWonderingCouple
Cincinnati
Reviewed 4 December 2008

What a fun place to hang out in for a couple days! Very, very clean. I was somewhat worried about that before arriving. The outside grounds, and the neighborhood can be misleading. It sits in an industrial part of the city. But we obviously didnt go to Sybaris for the grounds. Once inside, we were really in our own world. Lots of fun stuff - swimming, steam room was very cool, jacuzzi was relaxing. Nice to bring our own food - there was microwave and fridge. And i cant say enough about the bed. It is cheesy, but fun. Not exactly romantic in the bed and breakfast type of way. But more in a wild way. Mirrors on ceiling, pretty lighting on bed, fake stars, fireplace, led to ambiance. Very nice massage chairs with rolling and kneading. Great sound system - fun for dancing in the pool area! Would go back a lot, but is somewhat pricey. Absolutely worth it though, and is about a 2 hour drive from home. Had some reservation problems surrounding pricing, and have to applaud the manager - I think Jeanette, and also Tara for really taking care of the issue. I was more than satisfied with solution, and cant wait for return visit!

• Liked — Privacy, didnt see anyone from outside world for over 24 hours!
  • Disliked — everything great!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank gobux
medina ohio
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Me and My boyfriend just got back from our stay at the Sybaris Indianapolis. It is rather pricey but very worth it, it was our 5 year anniversary and I couldn't have asked for anything more. We arrived a little early at 5:20 and the staff were more than happy to get us in a little bit early. We stayed in the Majestic Suite , we walked in and couldn't believe how beautiful it was. The bed was amazing with all of the cool lighting features and mirrors above and around the bed was very fun :) the bathroom was huge pool was perfect for the two of us, Steam room was Ok it was very hard to breathe in that thing but was still nice. The water was soo warm we must have swam for 4 hours that night. Jacuzzi was very nice jets were wonderful. I could go on and on about our stay I strongly recommend this place, wish there was one in Ohio, because that 5 hour drive was rough but once we arrived we had no problem relaxing.

Stayed October 2008
4 Thank busta3220
vancouver
Reviewed 8 October 2008

I can only say that I wish I would not have spent $444.00 on a hotel room that was in a gross industrial area, and where I only got to stay for 12 hours. PLEASE! Most hotels at least let you check in at 3pm, not here, it's 6pm, and check out is at 11am. That is completely ridiculous. For this price the hotel should have offered complementary wine or champagne, and some sort of food item as well. Not to mention, the cable stations on the TV were pretty bad too, and there is no plug in for an iPod to play your own music, which really sucked too. If you feel like having a good cheesy night at a "sex" hotel, I would say stay here. However, it is definitley not worth that much money, maybe $300.00...if they thow in some champagne.

Stayed September 2008