“Loved Sybaris”

Sybaris Indianapolis
Lovestruck, NM
“Loved Sybaris”
Reviewed 3 April 2007

This was absolutely by far, our best getaway. We had heard from a friend about this romantic hotel catering to couples, and had to try it for our second anniversary trip. It was absolutely worth the rate of the room, and we absolutely enjoyed ourselves. The staff and personnel, upon check in, was so delightful, making it one of our best check in experiences. Then when we called the front desk later for a question of where to dine, they were very helpful, and efficient. The room was absolutely amazing, we had the suite with the private 16ft swimming pool, and cascading waterfall with whirlpool tub, and steam room. Although located on a very busy street, once the door's closed, we were in our own world, and the rest of the sound retreated into the background. It was very romantic, and if your looking for a spectacular wedding night, anniversary trip, or even trying to rekindle the magic of your relationship, I highly recommend locating a Sybaris, and staying there. There are I think 5 other locations, other than the Indy one, but having stayed there and enjoying our experience, we absolutely recommend this to everyone. Upon checkout, the staff was friendly, and offered discounts certificates on our next stay, and referral cards to give to friends. If your going to rekindle your relationship, and the romance you once had with each other and the stay in this hotel doesn't do it, then I suggest getting out of the relationship. If your marriage has become second place to your busy life, and you feel you may be falling out of love with that person go here to find out. My husband and I are seperated through Military requirements on his job, and had become busy with daily life and activites. Although we were happy with each other, and still in love, we felt we needed to reconnect on that level again. The mood, setting, music, and everything else was perfect. It was all the spark my husband and I needed to feel like we did when we were dating. This place lets you focus on the two of you while taking care of the romance, and setting.

• Liked — The champagne chilling by the whirlpool hottub, when we arrived at our room.
  • Disliked — We like everything-but should add this accomodation is not for children, or pets. Its couples only.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank jmsalamo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Louisiana
Reviewed 12 October 2006

What's in a name? Everything, if it is "The Sybaris". I couldn't believe the attention that was given to make this stay a repeater. The staff took very good care of us. Brian, one of the managers, went above and beyond the call of duty. This stay is well over a five star rating. This is what I do for a living "Ever After event and vacation planning". I joined the club to get the discount for futur stays. If you need time alone with your spouse or just a weekend getaway this is the place to go. You won't be let down. It is in a very good location. Everything near by. After Katrina, we needed to get away. We were in Indy Labor Day Weekend 2006 for the big show ( The Nationals ) and we also celebrates our 25th wedding annivesary. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Private, secure, and the C L E A N L I N E S S was over the top. I like the use of a garage for entry into the Chalet. We will be back. They really need to expand. One suggestion. You need more closet space.
nolavj@yahoo

• Liked — Have to be 18 or older to stay here. No telephones. Quiet & in a good location.
  • Disliked — Not enough closet space
  • Tips/Secrets — You don't have to wait for a season or a reason to go. Just go!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
10 Thank nolavj
Reviewed 10 April 2006

My husband and I have stayed at Sybaris in Indy at least once a year since the first time we went. We absolutely fell in love with the place!!! It is truly more romantic than any other place we have been, and we have traveled quite a bit. Yes, it is pricy, and I thought it was crazy to spend that kind of money on a hotel for one night until we stayed there the first time. I have never left a place more relaxed, nor could you wipe the smile off either one of our faces for weeks. We have had all three levels of the swimming pool suites and they are all wonderful. Please go and see for yourself. It is worth the price and I am sure you will want to return.

• Stayed May 2005
18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2006

I took my partner there to celebrate her birthday. We had stayed before with no problems and were impressed with the cleanliness and attention of the staff. This time, unfortunately, was a very different story. Upon arrival, we noticed Huge, muddy footprints all over the floor. Because the cleaning staff was gone for the day and the other signature suites were booked, we had to tough it out. No refund was offered. We managed to cover the spots and tried to have fun but when we entered the pool area, my partner noticed a huge "splatter" stain on the mirror and a bunch of footprints. Horrified, we called the front desk and, again, nothing was done. We got out of the pool and decided that we could just enjoy the steam room and watch a movie we brought with us. The DVD Player has no remote and you can't operate the on screen menus without them so that was a wash. Someone from the desk, an elderly man with no expertise, came down and tried to fix the DVD player and in the process messed up the Satellite connection. When I finally complained to the manager, we were offered a stay on a Friday for the same price as a week night stay but that hardly made up for the spoiled birthday.

• Stayed January 2006
42 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 February 2006

It was the best place we have ever gone to & was really able to get away from our 3 teenage kids & everyday life in general! I would recomend it to anyone if your marriage is already wonderful or if you are having problems & want to fix it!

• Stayed February 2006
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Green Bay WI
Reviewed 16 January 2006

I have also been to Sybaris many times, the first trip was given to my wife and I by my mother in law for our honeymoon present. I alsways stay at the sybaris in Mequon WI the reason I am responding to this post is the writer stated that you have to pay for a yearly membership that is correct however with the sybaris in WI if you purchase a presidential pass for 5 continous years in a row you no longer have to ever buy another membership of any kind for life, and you also get free early check in or late check out.
We are always able to get early check in at around 12:30 pm and check out at 11:00 am the next day. I do agree the prices are up there but if your able to go on a monday thru wednesday the rate drops considerablly. I must admit I have never had any problems with the staff at Sybaris or the rooms themselves, I had asked one time to have the pool temp turned up and within 5 minutes one of thier charming staff people came right over and took care of it.
If you are looking for a trully memorable and romantic getaway I highly advise checking out any of the sybaris properties.

• Stayed September 2005
11 Thank MrOzzfest2006
Reviewed 17 November 2005

My husband and I visited the Sybaris International for our honeymoon. Only God knows the peace,love,serenity,and closeness we felt, and the foundation we established together at the Sybaris international. I could not have thought of a better way to begin our lives together, Sybaris is truly "Heaven on Earth". Whether your newlyweds, having an anniversary, or just want to get away there is no other place to go. Even if your having problems in your relationship and your not quite sure if it is over, if you go to Sybaris and your marriage is not restored it is definitely time to get out. Sybaris puts the Romance in Romantic and the Love in LOVE!! Words truly can not express how I felt on my honeymoon, but for the first time in my life I can feel my heart smiling. Thank you, Sybaris International This was a Dream come true.

• Stayed November 2005