“Very nice stay”

Ranked #12 of 18 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
owensboro
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The 1-800 number helped us find this location and it looked ok for the most part. We got a 2 queen bed room. We walked in soaked but they got our reservation in as quickly as possible so we could get in and relax and shower. They were so very nice. Thank you.

Room Tip: rooms were always cleaned and restocked. And nothing ever disappeared out of anyone things. Trust is...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Seems like the entire hotel was renovated. The carpeting, furniture, and vanity were all renovated including the hallways as well. The staff was very pleasant and gave me a very affordable rate for the night.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth V
Batavia, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Quite a few issues with this hotel...

First off, the noise. Both road noise and people arguing throughout the hotel made for a very restless stay. This hotel is VERY close to I-65. There was a load of people arguing in the rooms next to, and across from me. No elevators in the hotel made for an interesting journey to get my handicapped boss and all our stuff to the second floor (you would thing that the hotel staff would have seen that she was on a crutch and moved us to a first floor room). The front desk person seemed very out of it and loopy, like she was on drugs or something.

The sinks and tubs do not drain practically at all. It took me from the time of washing my face, to going to the bathroom, combing my hair, getting dressed and getting my stuff together in the morning for the sink to finish draining. The bathtub was no better.

The room had a very musty smell to it, like it had been cleaned and not had an occupant for weeks. There was no clean smell about the room but the room was indeed pretty clean. The TV was not working correctly (the picture looked like someone held a magnet above the screen).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John M
Ohio
Reviewed 30 December 2008

Went to Indianapolis to take grandchildren to Children's Museum. This hotel was right off the highway and about 10 minutes from museum. Rooms had an odd smell (musty). Couldn't get extra towels, blankets, pillows because management locks them up when they leave. Evening staff don't have a key. How cheap can you be? So I went down to ask the next morning. The clerk/manager wrote down my room number. OK so they must count them. But who would want them?? Very thin and rough. Never could get an extra pillow. The beds were so hard, I got probably 3 hours sleep. The clerk could give me no directions to museum, restaurants, or even a store. Good thing I had my laptop so I could look it up myself. The continental breakfast was a joke. Those pastries had to be a week old. Only good things were the yogurt, toast and juice. The lobby looked decent but don't be fooled!!

Stayed November 2008
Chicago
Reviewed 19 May 2008

This hotel was recommended to us by a coworker who's sister if a former travel agent as we wanted a place close to the Science Museum down town and didn't want to pay $149 a night some where.

My wife and I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old so a suite is nice for parking the infant in the other room so we got the Executive suite which is supposed to have a king and a couch. I assumed a hide-a-bed. The King was actually a queen and the couch was just that a couch.

So my wife and daughter slept on the queen and i on the couch. Our trouble continued when we were told that we couldn't have an extra pillo / blanket for me to use on the couch because management believed one pillow for each person was sufficient...that being 2 for a queen bed.

The person at the front desk was not allowed to give extra pillows but had to call the owner twice for us. Unacceptable

20 minutes in we noticed out 3 year olds socks were filthy from the floor which seemed to have a slippery layer of something all over it. Shower would change temperature ever 4 - 5 minutes hot/cold and there was no breakfast to be seen in the am.

We got in very late and had originally planned on staying two nights but decided 1 night was more than enough. Unfortunately they had us billed for two and even though they claim to have reimbursed me for the second night i still haven't seen a credit. Informed me to call the bank which i have and was told if they credited me it would show up right away. So i ended up paying $200 for a single night in a dump.

We drove to Lafayette and stayed in a Hampton the next night.

• Liked — Free internet access
  • Disliked — Dirty, unhelpful management, rude staff, you name it.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Puncture
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 June 2007

When I made telephone reservations, I was told the rate would be $79,00 for the night of my stay (June16. 2007) but was charged over $200.00. I was told this was because it was a "special event" date. When I stated I was qouted $79.00, the reply was that everybody paid the $200.00+ rate for that night.

The room assigned was not well kept. There were spiderwebs in a corner of the room near the floor. The coffee maker did not work properly and they had to replace it. The over-all experience at this motel was the worst of our 6 day trip.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Different rate charged than qouted (more than double the qouted rate)
  • Stayed June 2007
Lansing, MI
Reviewed 26 December 2006

Stayed at Lee's a few weeks ago. The regular room rate was like $80, but with the coupon we got out of the little travel coupon book, it was $50. The room was actually very nice and spacious. We had a king smoking room. It did smell pretty smokey, but that's what you get when you book a smoking room I guess. Staff was friendly, the place was quiet. Everything was very clean. I would have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple