“Terrible”

Ranked #12 of 18 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
Oregon
“Terrible”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Dirty. The beds were decent. Coffee splashed all over bathroom, hair dirt on floor. Yuck! Breakfast was minimal and they can't even spring for heavy duty plastic ware!
I can not come up with 200 characters to describe this place. Come on people have some pride in your place.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I will start by saying that the staff there was very nice and helpful. Our friend had booked the hotel and had gotten a smoking room... we do not smoke. So when we asked to switch rooms we were able to come the morning time. However the smoking room had a broken closet door and years of smoking equaled yellow stained walls. The new room was upstairs (no elevator which stinks) The entire 2nd floor smelt like marijuana strrronngg! Whomever was staying there was smoking non stop. The front desk were aware but did nothing. The breakfast was pathetic. The area didn't seem to be the safest but the interstate was right there so it made it easy to get to and from our destination. Will i be staying there again. No way. Will I be allowing my friend to make our hotel reservations again... NOOO!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Lafayette, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

First I'll give the positives. This hotel was close to the interstate in a nice neighborhood the bed was reasonably comfortable. The price for the night was very inexpensive. Someone else had decided where our group would stay, so we stayed with the group. BUT the place was completely outdated. AND most of all the place smelled terrible. That is something I just cannot get past. It had non smoking rooms but apparently some had smoked in our room. The lobby had a stale smell. If we had been without the group, we would have turned around and walked out. Come on fellas, give it a real good cleaning and a truckload of air freshener.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Saint Louis
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Pulled into the hotel late at night after a long day of driving. I had no reservations. I was heading towards Chicago and just wanted to avoid traffic in the morning by being north of Indy. I must admit that I may have been a bit grumpy and tired. The desk clerk took it in stride. By the time I was checked in, I had a smile on my face. This young lady was so pleasant to deal with that I felt the need to write a review.
The rest of the stay was pretty much what is to be expected from a hotel in this price range.

• Stayed January 2014
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Everything is perfect. Great location made it easy for me to get downtown for my business. A nice place to relax after a stressful day. Very quiet, exceptionally clean. Very friendly and helpful staff people. This place is an oasis. Wish I could stay longer.will definitely return. An exceptional value

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Madison, Indiana
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Great location! Easy interstate access and route to work in downtown Indy....priceless. Customer service was friendly and prompt! My room was safe, clean, and provided a comfortable nights sleep. This room was quiet and allowed me to complete some work in the evening.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Holy cow...I'm a choice privliges member and used my points to stay here... the worst hotel in the chain I've ever stayed in. I'd glad I didn't pay $ but I wish I could have my points back...

1) The stench in the lobby is disgusting - smells like a bar - cigarette smoke... nasty! Two of my family have asthma and both had problems

2) The breakfast - practically non-existant. Hardly any selection and nothing was stocked when we came down. The guy was nice enough and running around trying to stock it close but no cigar

3) No elevator - the guy was nice enough to offer help carrying our stuff up but seriously - this is 2013 and they have a 2-story hotel with no elevator - for our family of 4 (+baby) and I had to carry all our crap up the steps. Pathetic.

Note, they only allow 4 per room but we brought our pack-n-play for our 2-year-old... the room was plenty big.

The people were nice enough - very nice in fact. maybe instead of all the security cameras they have everyplace, they could put that money to some carpet cleaning to get the stink out of the place.

Every brass fixture in this hotel has a CFL bulbs sticking out of the top - really tacky - all different colors... just clueless.

Room Tip: The first floor is all king sized. If you are handicapped - hope you only need one bed because the d...