“Good for airport travel”

Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #20 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fishers, Indiana, United States
“Good for airport travel”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I had a very early flight leaving Indy so the wife and I opted to stay by the airport the night before to save time in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. We needed to leave for the airport at 4:30 and the shuttle driver was waiting for us with a warmed up van. I know it was early but I wish they would have had something out for breakfast. Just a banana or a granola bar or yogurt or something easy to grab and eat on the go. It was nice to leave my truck parked there for the week for instead of paying airport parking fees which are rediculous. This hotel is closer to the OLD airport but the ride is still only about 10 - 15 minutes.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 January 2014

For the price and the fact it is right by the airport this hotel was wonderful. Big rooms with a sitting area separate from the beds. I travel with kids so this is always welcome. The staff made me feel extremely welcome and the shuttle service to the airport was ideal. While this is not a luxury hotel it really is about as good as you will get at this price point.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I stay at this Hyatt Place a couple times a year to visit family. The rooms are spacious, airport shuttle and free breakfast allow one to be independent, and the free WiFi is a great perk.

I did notice this time, though, that the room had cleanliness issues. There were two staina on the floor next to the toilet (that I hope was rust); the bathtub also had some scratches that dirt or water-rust had discolored -- which meant looking at a stained spiderweb pattern in the shower. The tub wall grout was also starting to come apart and what remained was discolored reddish brown (mold?). On a cold night we pulled out the cotton blanket that was stored rolled up in the couch arm table. It was covered with black specks on one side and had pubic hair and head hair on it. Gross! And clearly not laundered.

With visible cleanliness issues like this, one has to wonder about what we don't see. I'm not sure we'll be coming back, which is a drag since it's otherwise convenient,

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jengaworld
Indiana
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The room we stayed at in August of this year was disgusting and dirty. The carpets were stained and the ceiling had some kind of water leak from above where the wallpaper was peeling off and the ceiling was stained. First impression was that the room was disgusting so it was a "wipe down" immediately. The bed and bath seemed clean, however. I have stayed at this hotel before and thought it was decent but this time, not so much. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was really nice. Glad we didn't have to stay here long. Also, I'm a diamond member with Hyatt and I realize you don't get upgrades with Hyatt Place establishments but for a diamond member I thought perhaps a nicer room? I'm no hotel snob by any means but diamond status should mean something.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank apratt0905
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Ours was a 2 night stay to attend an event in downtown Indianapolis. Hotel location is convenient, close to the airport and a short and easy drive to downtown. A couple of restaurants and gas station within 1-2 min drive. Room was clean, quiet, and comfortable, spacious with a sofa and a small work desk. My major disappointment is with wifi. Hotel-wide free wifi was practically unusable. This was a major issue as it affected my work I needed to do while staying at the hotel. A call to manager did not resolve the problem. I was told that the hotel was in the middle of upgrading their cable and internet service which resulted in limited connectivity. If that was the case there was no disclaimer on the hotel website. My take away point is: if you need reliable fast wifi, look elsewhere.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Peto302
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

If you are as heavy a business traveler as I, you quickly learn to distinguish reviews from vacationers versus those of business travelers. As most business travelers do, I understand there will be issues from time to time. As a loyal Hyatt customer, I was pleased with the room cleanliness, location is 10 to 15 minutes from downtown area, staff very pleasant, 24/7 full menu, complimentary breakfast etc. Not sure what else I could expect from the competitive rate they offered.

At any rate, after a couple of nights attending a trade show, check out proved to be a bit confusing. In 15 years of travel globally (and an Engineering degree), I have never seen a final bill where totals were not provided, nor did they add up. Being a patient traveler, I approached the desk and asked for some clarification. Rather than focus on my disappointment with the explanation of charges provided to by the first associate, I prefer to highlight the efforts of a Ms. Leanna Rhodes who quickly stepped in.

My gut tells me, like any consummate professional, she over heard our difficulties with the final bill and felt she could help. She quickly acknowledged a mistake had been made, apologized, and immediately examined each of the room bills manually. All I can say is, when you look for a place to bring your family and colleagues we all can, while far and few between, expect a few issues here and there. What really matters is how it is handled and what is done to correct the issue.

Ms. Rhodes, took responsibility for a mistake a member of her team made, immediately took charge, explained what she was doing to correct while she was working on it, and finally made the necessary corrections to our bill. At a minimum, making my colleague and I feel our business was appreciated and she understood the value of listening to customers; not patronizing them for their inability to understand a simple ledger/statement of charges that simply did not add up.

All in all, within 10 minutes, our bills were corrected, she explained them item by item, and we left there with the necessary understanding to properly post to our expense reports.

All properties, have their issues, they cannot be everything to everyone, but know this, if you have an issue, Mr. Rhodes is there to assist, and for that I am thankful. I recommend the property for its value, quality of food available 24/7, and desire to provide above average customer service.

My career has been successful, to say the least, by managing and setting the expectations of my customers regarding the products or services I have been charged with selling for the past 15+ years. Remember that when you book a room; our expectations can be ridiculous; just stay, pay, and hope that they have someone to help out when you need them. This place does, Ms. Leanna Rhodes and I look forward to my return. The company should be proud to have her.

Regards and safe pleasant travels to all.

P.S. We selectively demand the highest levels of mistake free service from hotels, while ignoring the TSA debacle and airline service becoming terrible to say the least.

Room Tip: See Ms. Rhodes...she'll take care of you.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank David F
MT
Reviewed 17 October 2013

So boooked this on the understanding it was near the NeW airport. From reading site description and all the info online, there is no clue that this is a Has Been Location. Meaning it was near the old airport. This hotel Used To Be Okay. Now it's just blah, imo. Regarding the location, the shuttle is near the proximity of the New Port. If you leave at 5a, for me, it was a 10min commute. What I did not care for was the phone ringing in my room in the wee morning hours. I informed the front desk I desired No Wake Up Call, as the other member of my party was not checking out til 10a. Shuttle was due to leave at 0445, phone rings at 0440. Ticked! Just left it off the hook.

Re the room it was ho hum, not deserving of the advertised price imo. Nothing special, unless you consider a flatscreen special. Bed was okay for two. Room didnt scream New but Old to Less than Old.

BL-if you're just looking for a crashover, this will work. If you're looking to impress, move on-

Room Tip: go above the 3rd floor. wish i had-
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family