“BED BUGS and frustrating front desk clerk”

Motel 6 Indianapolis South
Ranked #148 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 21 March 2013

It was 3am, we just wanted a place to stop for about 5 hours and catch a nap, and we were going to be on our way... HOWEVER, upon arriving at this location, we were told by the clerk that there was only one room left, and it was a more expensive room than what I'm used to at Motel 6. She also had a gripe about the number of dogs I had with me, which I now know is up to the individual motel 6 to decide how many they allow, but I'd never EVER had problems with them before at other motel 6 locations.

While I went outside to talk to my SO and see if he still wanted to stay, another guy walked in. When I returned inside, the clerk said she had gotten rid of the last room, and then quickly recanted her statement, saying that she magically had another room, but it "wasn't the best, and she wasn't even sure the TV worked." I said I didn't really care, and that we were really only there to take a nap, then get going.

We arrived in our room, and one of our dogs got all slinky and weird. That maybe should have been our first clue, but I shrugged it off, despite my SO and the dog acting oddly. I just wanted a damn nap.

I fed the dogs, while my SO crawled into bed, and no sooner had I set the food dishes down, than he said, "honey, come look at this.. I think we're leaving." SURE ENOUGH.. a bed bug! Gross little tick-beasts they are. I then did a quick scan of the room and found another one (dead) on one of the shelves.

I took a clear plastic bag that I kept in my dog's gear bag, and picked the bug from the bed up, tied it up inside the bag, grabbed all my stuff, and we re-packed the car. Walked up to the front desk, handed the bed bug to the clerk and told her that that was completely unacceptable, and that I wanted a refund and we were leaving. Luckily, I at least GOT my refund.

Needless to say, we were both squicked out, and decided we were just going to suck it up and finish the last 6 hours of driving, even though we'd already driven 12 hours that day. So much for a nap....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jinx42

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Bikers beware. Our 2007 Harley motorcycle was stolen from immediately outside our door. The ignition and fork were both locked. My husband heard the bike fire up and raced outside, but it was already gone. I recommend you find another place to stay, preferably not in South Indianapolis.

P.S. In the morning, we discovered our motel door didn't even latch. Neither you nor your belongings are safe here.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BHUSEN
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I was extremely disappointed in this motel. I was embarrassed for myself and my friends. When a paddy wagon cruises the parking lot on Friday and Saturday night, doesn't give you a secure feeling. The rooms were not ready when I checked in at 4:30 PM. Both rooms had a very unpleasant order. Telephones were disgusting. The carpets were dirty and stained. The bedspreads had holes and the blankets were rough feeling. Pillows were flat. There were not enough towels. No soap. Bathroom door stuck. One toilet, you had to flush at least three times before the bowl emptied. The other, you had to remove the top and pull the level inside the tank to flush. One sink was slow in draining. I did speak with the Front Desk and about the toilet and sink and Maintenance fixed the next day. The rooms were not cleaned the next day. I called the Front Desk to find out why and was told Housekeeping doesn't make up the beds with items on them. Both rooms didn't have anything on them other than the sheets, blankets, and bedspreads. No clean towels. I had to go to the Front Office to get them. Tom Bodett didn't leave the light in this Motel 6.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patti B
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Both mattresses in our room were VERY worn. One of them looked like it had a crater in it. when we got up the first morning we noticed the bed skirt was DISGUSTING!!! We have stayed at this hotel before about 4 years ago. NEVER NEVER NEVER again!!!! This Motel 6 needs to be torn down!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kneckinsgirl
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed here for the Superbowl in Indy this year.Its a 2 star hotel so any review at all is a blessing for the chain.I gotta be honest they raised the price for Superbowl to a $109.00 which believe it or not was a great deal that close to Lucus oil Stadium that week.It had clean sheets everyday,we had to ask for new towels, and they provide beds and 4 walls and thats about it .For a game, race, or event this hotels at 2 stars is what ya pay for, you get.Its in an area that has food, gas and stores all over,its just outside city and a cheap cab ride to downtown Indy.Its normally about a $40 hotel and it would be priced right for the neighborhood,realistic amenities,and location and the name reflects on a scale of 1-10 what to expect,about a 6.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Upon arrival we had asked if the motel was new and we were told "renovated" come to found out "renovated" 8 years ago. Peeling paint on bathroom wall. Oh and by the way, bring everything plus the kitchen sink, NO BREAKFAST, NO HAIRDRYERS, NO IRON, NO IRONING BOARD, NO ALARM CLOCK FOR THAT MATTER NO CLOCK AT ALL, NO DO NOT DISTURB SIGN. We had to sign a piece of paper that stated we didn't want the maid in our room instead of just hanging a sign on the door. Very disappointing. When we return next year we will not be staying here.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank kneckin
Reviewed 1 March 2008

The rooms were really nice for a simple Motel 6. However, what lurked outside of the door scared me greatly. We went to the walmart down the street to purchase toothpaste and the people there were rude, crude and rough. We spent the night there hoping our car would still be there in the morning and switfly checked out!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jms2007