“Good, clean, would stay here again....HEIDI exceeded expectations!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, IN
Ranked #135 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Was not sure based on reviews what to expect here. Heidi was working the desk and when I asked to see a room prior to booking she never hesitated, showed me 3 rooms and gave me the choice!! What a wonderful experience here!!!! SHE IS WONDERFUL!! The treat bag for being a frequent guest was also better than any I have received at other locations. There was a tray of cookies, I did not partake but they looked fresh and were under cover so no worries of getting stale. The room was super, large and very clean. The breakfast was also better than most locations, again great selection, fresh and very clean room. Super stay, thank you for the service!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed for 3 nights for a nearby Debate tournament and were very impressed. The last time we stayed here as I recall it was just okay. This time the staff was great, gave us goodie bags at check in (not sure if that's because we were club members or not?) Found the room to be clean, got the roll-away we requested and the room did have a frig. and microwave even though the description didn't say it did which was a pleasant surprise.

Kids did note the pool area used to have a whirlpool and now does not. I think this was still in the online description but didn't make too much of a difference to us.

Last day we had to leave before the 7a.m. start of Saturday breakfast. I mentioned the night before when confirming when breakfast began that we had to leave earlier. They said no problem they'd open it earlier for us. I didn't expect that but it was really nice of them to accommodate!

We will be in the area again and we will stay here.

Only negative I found was a slight smokey small when we entered the room (which is supposed to be non-smoking) but it dissipated quickly and we didn't notice it again. Also, there was one small black spot on the ceiling which looked to be a small squashed bug. I didn't stand on a chair to confirm this as it didn't bother me too much, but that's what it looked like.

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Husband and i took a last minute trip just to unwind. I got us the whirlpool suite. Upon arrival the parking lot was full of semis and when we asked we found out the company puts their drivers up to avoid inclement weather. Although the parking was full, it did not do anything to the atmosphere. Hotel was quite and clean. They had had a pipe burst earlier that day and there was a slight vinegar smell,but nothing horrible. Front desk guy, Jay, was super. He gave us a great dinner suggestion and even gave us a complimentary appetizer and tips on how to save some money while there. He had a great personality and was very helpful. Suite was dated but clean. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Used to stay here and it was ok now it is very dirty. Moldy, dust bunnies, dirty sheets, stained furniture. I would avoid unless you don't mind filth. Service was pretty good. It is a good location restaurants and shops are all around

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Ewigleben
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your accommodations. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years and find it to be very clean and comfortable with easy access to downtown Indianapolis. The rooms have mini-refrigerators and microwaves, which we always find to be a nice convenience. Not being particularly early risers, we appreciate that their complimentary breakfast is available until 10:30 and offers a great selection: yogurt; granola; assorted juices and cereals; waffles; oatmeal; a variety of breads (muffins, bagels, cinnamon raisin bread, English muffins, etc.); coffee and tea. Plus, there was always coffee, tea, juice fruit and a platter of cookies available throughout the day.

The hotel is located just off I-65 and has plenty of restaurants, gas stations and shopping centers nearby. The area feels very safe.

On our most recent stay, there was a group of high school cheerleaders staying on the floor above us who apparently decided to practice their routine well into the evening hours - and we did have to get up early the next day. Our call to the front desk elicited an immediate apology and quick response to the issue and the next morning they comped our room to make up for the inconvenience.

While this hotel isn't fancy (though we were told they are getting ready to do some renovation and updating), we've always found it to be very clean and comfortable, with great customer service and very reasonable rates - and it's hard to beat that!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We recently booked this hotel for our trip to Greenwood, IN for a wedding. We booked it because of the great location and the excellent price. The price was definitely good, but when we entered our room, we knew why. We were immediately greeted by a musty, humid, stuffy odor. After having spent the previous night at a very clean Comfort Inn, we were especially disappointed. However the beds were quite comfy, and we enjoyed the home-baked chocolate chip cookies and fresh coffee in the lobby. The breakfast was reasonably good, and the sitting area was pleasant. We had an issue with our toilet seat -- it was loose when we arrived. Although they did not fix it, they did give us a considerable discount on the room.

Room Tip: Be sure to book a room away from the side of the building near the bar next door. It gets loud on we...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had no idea. I booked my room here.. I thought was at the one with 4 stars.. When I got there.. They said was here. I had already put 20k points on the room.. Wow... Trash can filled up when I walked up I travel 300 nights a year.. Country inn is going down... Smh.. I mean I stay at some nice ones.. But this...... A bug was in my room.. I wish I could get my points back... Breakfast was good.. Other than the oatmeal.. The front desk staff was awesome.. But not a good rate.. Carpets dirty.. One room smelled of smoke.. It was not good.. Oh well

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to the standards of Country Inn & Suites. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
#19 of 186 in Indianapolis
Country Inn & Suites Indianapolis
Country Inn & Suites Indianapoli...
#115 of 186 in Indianapolis
#74 of 186 in Indianapolis
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#101 of 186 in Indianapolis

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, IN? Share your experiences!