“Good for staying with Kids!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South
Ranked #141 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Good for staying with Kids!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here this past weekend Fri-Sun. We chose this hotel specifically because it had wifi, an indoor pool and free breakfast! We also got a great rate on Priceline, which made it even better. The room itself was clean and quiet, although initially it did have a musty odor.
The pool was in good shape and the temperature was good for this time of year.
Breakfast was a good variety. Fruit, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, eggs, biscuits and pastries. The kids especially liked making their own waffles!
The only negative thing I would say was some of the staff interaction. Housekeeping did a halfway job on our room both days, our coffee pot didn't work in our room, and the attendant to the breakfast station wasn't the nicest person I'd ever come in contact with, but perhaps she was having a bad day.
Overall, I would stay again if I was looking for basic accommodations s and got the same rate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sunnydaze276

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights 5/22-26/14 while going to events at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The staff was excellent and the facilities more than adequate. The location has restaurants nearby within walking distance...we really liked the Texas Roadhouse. it was a good location for going to IMS and is very quiet. The room was good...
If you are looking for a hotel on this side of the city with lots of suburban type amenities nearby this would be a good choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill F
Holly Springs, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

After a long day, I came to this hotel at 9 p.m. At night to check in. They had misplaced my business's authorisation form so I ended up having to pay for this on my personal credit card. I know they got the form, because I have a copy of the fax receipt.

The rooms are old, dated, and the furniture is pretty torn up. It is torn up to the point to look rather dirty. There were several items in the room that did not work properly.

The noise from the expressway on the side facing the hotel is very loud. Even with leaving the fan on the air conditioning system and in the bathroom on, the noise is distracting for sleep.

The entrance and pool are kept up nice enough. But its nothing to write home about.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LeadReviewerIAC
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We are so sorry for the trouble you experienced when checking in! We will certainly make sure that management understand how much this affected your stay, and why these issues need to be handled before you arrive.

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel upgraded me to a king-suite at my request when I used reward member points for the night. The lobby attendant was incredibly friendly and accommodating. I was disappointed that there is not a whirlpool any longer in the pool area. The breakfast area is TINY and did not allow for me to eat with my kids because there were only a few tables and chairs. It was also incredibly HOT in the breakfast area. The air-conditioning in our room somehow was shut off at 10 a.m.-ish, which I suppose is to either encourage people to check out at 11 a.m. or to save money in case people left their window units on after they had left. This must have been done at a breaker or elsewhere, because it had worked fine up til then. I didn't fuss because I was leaving anyway. There was only shampoo/conditioner for ONE person, despite my reservation stating I had FOUR people in the room, and I had to ask for more. There were no pillows for the pull-out bed. I was told the rooms all had NEW microwaves and refrigerators that were JUST installed last week, but they were OLD and grungy looking, NOT NEW. I was informed that the hotel was about to be renovated, and I agree that it needs it. I didn't find out until the next day on our way out that there was tons of shopping options just across the freeway and that would have been nice to know.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yanknreb
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 March 2014

A big thank you to Jan (Reg Mgr) and Gary at the desk! I arrived very early for my check-in. There was an event in downtown Indianapolis that i needed to attend. I wanted to check in prior to taking a taxi. They were so very friendly and accommodating. They asked me to give them an hour and they would have something ready. In the interim, I had a cup of coffee down the street and returned to find my room ready to go. Clean room. A rate you can't beat and easy access to the I-65 interstate. Restaurants and a pub within walking distance. $20 cab ride into the city. Great, friendly service!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ken M
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I went to Indy for a quick spring break trip with three teenagers so cheap and clean was the goal. I knew when I booked at this low low rate that it wouldn't be a 5 star hotel, no mints on the pillow, no origami animals made with washcloths. I will give the pro and cons and let you decide.
Pros: clean beds/ linens, really well maintained complimentary breakfast with decent choices for kids (saves me a ton of $$), complimentary coffee all day and night, hotel staff was very helpful, happy,and friendly, very close to the heart of Indy right off I65, lots of parking right outside the front door.
Cons:
Worn carpets in the hall, a little musty smelling, the pool is sort of small and not heated (kids said something but had fun anyway), cleaning of the room was really late-after 2pm (didn't matter to me as we just needed new towels), can here quite a bit through the walls- talking about the unit above flushing their toilet,not so much screaming kids, no hot tub (the only thing I really had an issue with!), rock hard pillows.
With that being said, it is fine for a troop of teenage kids who would not have felt at home in an expensive hotel anyway. Worth the money I paid. Nice vacation, thanks!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nobrry3
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel is in serious need of updating! The people were friendly and the breakfast was good, but I will not be staying here again. The mirror was broken, beds very uncomfortable, very loud, just not a good experience!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the comfort of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards.