I just do not understand large hotel chains in today's economic demise not focusing more on quality customer service to build and maintain a clientele for the future. Though this hotel is very well accommodated and clean the quality of it's staff dragged it down. I felt I was an intruder on their daily work lives. The bar attendant served my snack in a to go box and although the place was still open for a few hours proceeded to spray wood polish all around me to clean the bar ... sure, I'm glad they get the dusting done ... but then to keep banging my stool with the broom was pretty darn rude. There were no boundaries at breakfast I learned whose (staff) daughter was doing what and when and was asked 6 times if I was "doin' alright" while there was a dirty plate, bowl and cup stacking up and being ignored ... ignored like my wish for a pot of coffee.
I chose to use up some Hilton honors points for this stay for two nights and they wanted 60,000 points .... again, that's SIXTY THOUSAND POINTS! I thought I might be staying at the Ritz Carlton on the beach with that installment ... but no ... it was an airport hotel with not one but TWO small bottles of complimentary water! What the heck? BAD idea - should have just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and got the breakfast for free too. It was however better than the Crowne Plaza Indy Airport hotel I stayed at last month.
Greatfully, I didn't have to wait long for the airport shuttle (this hotel IS basically in the middle of a corn field) I was told on the phone "... that I should have to put my name on the shuttle list" ... and not "We're looking forward to seeing you, let me see what I can do for you with regards to the shuttle service .... " Then the driver showed up in less than 10 minutes and had only one other passenger to pick up. SERIOUSLY!? This is a Hilton chain hotel ... WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING???!!! It is not rocket science to teach employees to respect clientele which ultimately earns bigger business and better pay etc etc ... am I confused with another planet people!?
On a more positive note, the rooms seem still quite new, they offer beds with changeable firmness. This may seem an odd observation however, they have "soft closing" toilet seats! - they don't slam down so your neighbour hears them and consequently your ears don't ring for the next 30 seconds - genious! All of the basic amenities are available in your room - fridge, microwave, free wi-fi, shampoo AND conditioner, weekday USA Today paper, a wonderfully comfy bed, ergonomic chair at desk, plenty of TV channels and the coffee maker.
Breakfast is @ $7 to $10 according to hot & cold choices. Reasonably priced according to lack of nutritious options. Being in the middle of no-where there are no lunch options ... some tell lies about a Subway that's within walking distance otherwise they have a "Pavilion pantry" offering basic supplies.
Overall, a comfortable and clean hotel stay for a brief hotel stay with all necessary commodities and more - MINUS the customer service attention where staff realize that without the customers they'd be working at MacDonalds (for example).
I did not hear one single airplane fly over but I knew exactly each time the air conditioning randomly kicked in, even in slumber; gladly I'm one that finds some comfort in that. I guess the air traffic depends on the weather and the runway?
* after all is said and done, the gentleman working the front desk mid-morning did raise the bar for other employees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport hotel is the perfect location for leisure or business. As the closest hotel to the new Indianapolis International Airport, the Hilton Garden Inn provides all the essential amenities for any long or short term stay. Beyond relative location to the Indianapolis Airport, this Indianapolis hotel is conveniently located in the Ameriplex Business Park and minutes from I-465. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport Hotel Indianapolis