“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #61 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Illinois
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We had no idea what to expect because we had a mix up that landed us here at Candlewood. What a great place to stay especially if staying for a longer period on a vacation or on a business trip. Everything was so easy to use and it was a very convenient location. We definitely would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed here for three nights during the Brickyard 400 weekend (Fri-Sun).

Fabulous value! We booked through Expedia and paid less than $75 per night (before taxes).

New hotel. Very comfy bed and room is nicely appointed with reclining lounger and flat screen with satellite and DVD player (especially for the price….did I mention the price?) We wanted somewhere with a kitchen(ette) for breakfast and afternoon snacks and this suited our requirements perfectly – full size fridge, microwave, two burner stove, coffee maker, toaster. Close to the highway, and near to restaurants/fast food outlets, gas stations and a supermarket for provisions. We used the pool, the business center and the well-stocked "honour system" pantry shop for late night snacks. There is also a fitness centre and outdoor BBQ.

Didn't have maid service, but who needs it for three nights? They provide if you stay one week but offered to exchange towels if we had needed to. A/C, temperature control in room so-so but it could have been more a function of trying to manage in 90+ temps outside? The free in-room wifi was slow, but there's the business centre with hardwire access and a printer.

Great desk service. We had to move on the last night due a “funny noise” in our room – appears there was a water leak in the room above and they were drying out with high power fans which we could hear below. No problem – they moved us to another room and offered a discount which we could not take advantage of because we had pre-paid.

Don’t think we will be back in Indianapolis anytime soon ourselves, but I would not hesitate to recommend if this is the type of accommodation you are looking for.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LakeONsailor
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This was my first experience in an extededed stay hotel, It was perfect. we stayed here for 5 months 20days, and loved every minute of it.
1. clean rooms, relatively new hotel.
2. best reception staff, very attentive, helpful, Tony, erica, jennifer, and the manager Ken all of them , very helpful.
3. Lovely pool and gym.
4.slightly slow internet, 512kbps, but i dont care as long as the staff is so good.
5. very quiet, in 5 months , only night we had loud neighbors.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DOCTORNOMAD
Saint Joseph, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We only stayed one night but I would have loved to stay longer. We didn't get the chance to enjoy the pool but I did walk around and check it out. Looked great. :) Our room was clean and tidy, Tony at the font desk was awesome, very friendly and helpful. This is our 2nd or 3rd stay at a Candlewood Suites (not all at this location) and my wife and I will lean towards staying at Candlewood whenever we travel. The price was extremely affordable especially compared to nearby hotels. Would highly recommend and we would certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed 26 February 2010

First off, for $70 dollars including taxes, this place is outstanding. The suite we had was beautiful, everything was spotless! The staff were very friendly and the onsite grocery store was fully stocked. Big comfy beds, nice pool, and hot tub! The only thing I saw wrong with the entire building was in the poolhouse, one of the light bulbs had caught fire a few weeks earlier so you could tell they were making repairs in that area. Also, the bathtubs seem to be a bit narrow, but I have a big tub at home so this could just be a matter of prefrence. Besides that, the rest of the building was in mint condition! It's right off the expressway and there are resturants literally 1 minute away from the parking lot! It's located in a very quite and seemingly safe industrial park area with lots of businesses and other hotels around it. I have absolutly no complaints becuase it was one of the best hotel experiences I've had to date!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I was looking for a Hotel I could use my Priority Club Points on when I flew into Indy Late on a Thursday Night. It was my Grandmother's 100th Birthday and Myself, my Wife and 3 kids all flew up, Choose the Candlewood Suites and Glad we did. This Place was Nice, Staff was Friendly and very accommodating! My two boys Slept in one Bed, My Wife and I in the Other and my 4 yr old Girl slept on the Little Sofa. It was perfect and I would highly reccommend this place for a Stay. Oh, Although we did not use them the Free Washer and Dryers were there for guest to use No Charge.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family