“Nice hotel and staff”

Ranked #62 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel and staff”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites Northwest Indianapolis for one night on a business trip. Upon check in, I was greeted by Alex at the front desk. He was very personable and got me checked in right away. Being a Priority Club member, he informed me that I was able to take advantage of free perks from the little store there, which I did, then headed up to my room. Unfortunately, I had an issue with the key card not letting me into the room when I went up, so I headed back down and he got the keycard reprogrammed immediately and it was fine after that.

The room was very clean and comfortable, I had a two queen bed suite. I liked having ample electrical outlets for charging my phone, using the iron, etc. The outlets by the nightstand were at waist level so you could charge your phone by your bed overnight, which is nice to not have to try and move nightstands or beds to get to the outlets.

The kitchen suite was nice, though I did not make use of it while I was there since it was for an overnight stay. I also did not make use of the fitness room, pool, or business center while there, though all of those areas appeared to be clean and in good condition.

The one item I will mention is that I did hear my neighbors above and beside me, indicating that the walls may not be insulated to lower the sound and that the floors are of wood/steel joist construction as opposed to concrete. I could hear the neighbor's TV until about 10 p.m. and could hear the people above me walking around until about the same time, so that might be something to consider if ambient noise is important to you.

I was also pleasantly surprised with the "Guest of the Day" gift bag and made use of the various snacks and water included.

Overall, the Candlewood Suites is a nice hotel and the staff I encountered were friendly. I would definitely not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We usually travel quite far on our first day out on a trip. Having to work later before we could get going, my husband and I decided to use some Priority Points and get as far as Indianapolis for the night. Arriving just before 10 p.m., we were heartily greeted by the young man at the front desk and handed our keys to a first floor room. As Priority members, he made sure that we picked out our 'perks' before heading to the room. In a lovely room, we were delighted to find a bag on the desk designating us as "Guests of the Day" with water and more treats in the bag. The room was large, the kitchen very nice and a great place to put the snacks we had with us for the trip. Enjoyed coffee the next morning. We will definitely stay here again if we are looking for a place to stay in the Indianapolis area.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor just off the lobby. Loved the room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I had planned a trip to Indianapolis but it was cancelled. I notified this hotel (Candlewood) 3 weeks in advance and expected to be billed for the first day or for half the reservation. Instead, despite 3 weeks notice I have been told I will be billed for the entire reservation (almost $1,000.00). Then they can rent the same room to someone else for the full fee. Any alleged "discount" applied to the reservation was a total rip-off as far as I am concerned.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank TimeTravelerDilemma
Chatham, Illinois
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Three of us (my husband, myself and our daughter) stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while at a dance competition at the Pike Performing Arts Center. The hotel rooms were spacious & included a kitchenette (full fridge, microwave, stove, counter area for eating). The beds were comfortable (although the queen-size is not a standard queen), heating/AC worked well. Bathroom was clean. Note they do not clean rooms daily unless you specifically ask for it. (That was fine for us since we weren't in the room one full day!) Staff will provide you w/extra towels upon request. (We requested extras w/o any issue at all.) The pool area was also clean & staff replaced towels often. The location was easy to get to/from the Pike Center. Parking & internet were complimentary. Staff were friendly & helpful. My husband inadvertently left a fairly expensive pair of headphones behind in our room & the staff called us at home the same day we left to report it & mailed them back to us immediately. (Thank you!). The ONLY thing that bothered me a little was that even though we were on a non-smoking floor the hallways had a smokey odor. The room thankfully did not. I would definitely stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Recommend calling day of check in to verify room request (i.e. 2 queens or 1 king+pull out couch).
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
California, USA
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Great hotel in easy to get to location. Large clean rooms, full kitchens and really quiet. The staff is helpful and willing to answer questions and help in anyway.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Serena_CA
Sussex, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights and loved everything about it. Located in a business park, our room was on the back side and we couldn't believe how quiet it was. It featured everything we needed: a kitchen, plenty of closet space, spacious bathroom, a comfortable bed and more. Room comes with a DVD player and we took advantage of this perk by renting two movies for free from their library. The place was very clean and the staff friendly. Two computers available near the main lobby for Internet use. Easy to get to Indianapolis and back. Many restaurants within 5 to 10 minutes. I would recommend this hotel whether you are a business traveler, couple or a family.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side were very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 October 2011

What a wonderful hotel this is. The one bedroom suite was perfect with a comfortable king size bed and lots of closet space to allow you to settle in during your stay. The full size refridgerator was a bonus and having a the kitchen area was very convenient. I loved the recliner in the living room and the two areas to be able to spread out and work when I was in the room. The staff was very friendly and everything was handled very well. It was a pleasure to stay there and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business