“Consistently Good”

Meridian Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Meridian Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 57th
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I visit Indianapolis just once per year to attend an event at the Fairgrounds. Every time a highlight of our trip has been dining at the Meridian. The food is consistently good and we are never disappointed.

This time, after ordering a bottle of Petit Syrah, I selected the Wild Boar pasta, with a Boston bib lettuce salad to start. My husband had a ceasar salad and the beef filet entree. For dessert, we split a java creme brulee. Everything was delicious and prepared to our liking. The wait staff was attentive but not overbearing. As usual, we liked the fine dining atmosphere.

My husband is picky, and quickly 'writes off' a restaurant whenever he has a bad experience -- even if we have dined there many times. Well, that is NOT the case here, as he looks forward each time to dining here. We will definitely return when we return to Indy!

There are newer reviews for Meridian Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Meridian is consistently one of the best restaurants in Indy. A beautiful location nestled among the mansions of Meridian-Kessler, the food and service have always been excellent across many visits. I feel equally comfortable bringing family and business guests here.

1  Thank Zenatakos
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I dined here on a day with lots of snow on the ground and more falling. The white landscape outside contrasted with the lovely wood paneling inside the restaurant. Our cozy window table was not far from the fireplace. I started with pumpkin soup filled with rich fall/wintery spices and topped with cream - absolutely delicious. My husband had the smoked corn puree which was also good but a bit heavy on the smoked corn flavor for my taste.

For the entree, I ordered the salmon served over corn grits. It probably was one of the best meals I've had here. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the flavor of the grits matched beautifully. The grits appeared to be hand ground with small bits of corn in them. My husband ordered several sides which he enjoyed. I only tasted the mac and cheese and it was so flavorful, I'd consider ordering it as an entree on another visit.

We share the donuts for dessert. Consider splurging, they are worth it.

Our waitress was wonderful - friendly and knowledgeable. She was around when we needed her but didn't interrupt when we didn't.This is an interesting restaurant as it is good for both large groups and romantic evenings. They also have a bar in the back that appears comfortable and on warm days a patio for dining. I often come here for lunch for a business meeting or if I'm meeting a friend I haven't seen for a while.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We are new to Indiana and searched for a nice place to eat dinner on New Year's Eve. The Meridian was the perfect spot! The short rib appetizer, corn puree soup, sea bass and filet were wonderful!!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife and I visited Meridian on a date night recently. We used to live in the neighborhood, but never had dined when we lived there, although the ambiance oozes from the exterior and the restaurant had a good reputation. We had an excellent dining experience. The service and atmosphere were excellent, while the food was extraordinary. Do yourself a favor and get the dates appetizer...you won't be disappointed.