“49 000 people and they could have handled more!”

Indiana Convention Center
Ranked #13 of 173 things to do in Indianapolis
London, Ontario, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“49 000 people and they could have handled more!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I had the opportunity to visit the Indianapolis Convention Center and was thoroughly impressed at its ability to host sessions, exhibits and feed people at various venues throughout the facility.

I have attended smaller conferences before, but never one as large as GenCon (broke attendance records this year - 2013) and the ICC handled this event like a pro.

All of the staff I dealt with on site were friendly and helpful. I only had one complaint and that was the way line ups are handled at some of their food counters. The food counters that didn't have a traditional cafeteria line made for confusion and frustration. I spent ten minutes waiting in line, got to the front and moved over to the cash (as everyone in front of me had done) and when I got there I was told I had to place my order in the middle and then pay for it. They then expected me to stand in line again to place my order. Needless to say, I stomped off growling and throwing a bit of a hissy fit under my breath. I chose not to spend my money in the ICC that day. Other than that one incident, the ICC was great and the bathrooms were quite clean for such a large number of people using the facilities.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Gen Con 2013”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

It's Gen Con! Nothing else like it. If you like RPG, boardgames or miniatures this is the event! The ICC is still doing a good job of hosting and with the surrounding hotels helping out with rooms for seminars and RPG events it seems to move smoothly. Food trucks come to the West doors and provide nice, varied food throughout the day.

North Aurora, Illinois
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Above average convention center”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Came here for a game convention. It was able to hold a lot of people and had a nice variety of rooms. Connected by sky walk to several hotels. Plenty of nearby restaurants. Facilities were clean.

McDonald, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Visited for GenCon”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The convention center was very accessible, staff/volunteers were friendly. There were many convenient bathrooms which were very clean (no complaints). Hallways etc. clean. Was very busy and we ended up having to park several blocks away.

South Bend, Indiana
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great time!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Enjoyed the cleanliness of the facility even during a huge event...concession food was good, reasonably priced and no lines!