“A good stay”

SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #32 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for five days.He was on a business trip but I was able to enjoy the downtown sites.The hotel is near restaurants,museums ,a mall, and White River State Park.The room was kept very clean, very conducive to working on a laptop, front desk personnel went out of their way to be friendly,breakfast was good and was kept in good order.The public computers were very clean and usually available without a wait.I would recommend this to anyone who needs a hotel in this price range.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

I wanted to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis. Everything mentioned in your post is a key to our success and I love to see those assets shine through. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did!

Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

My friends and I traveled to Indy for the weekend. We had an event to go to. Springhill suites is a fairly new hotel. It's connected with courtyard and JW Marriott. Since we drove down the parking garage is a tad bit confusing. It's right off Washington st. If your driving too fast you'll miss the entrance.

The hotel itself is new modern and clean. There is an indoor pool, computer station, and in the lobby they offer complimentary coffee, tea, water. Therwhereas area where you can get board games. There is a string of outlets ready for charging phones or computers.

We arrived only an hour early than check-in and no rooms were available although I requested early check-in on reservation. We waited the hour and checked in. Front desk is definitely short staffed. Only one employee was checking in. He was interrupted by phone calls and other clients while checking us in and a line began to form. He also had to contact housekeeping and see if there were clean rooms available. He was using 2 different computer systems . One for the key cards and another for reservation. Maybe Marriott should look into a new system . It took way too long.

Finally we were able to go to our rooms. Nice feature is you need your key card to make the elevator go. Place in slot and pick the floor you are going to.Majority of hotels are doing that now.

Room had a king bed and sleeper sofa . Microwave,mini fridge, mini coffee maker . The toilet is separate from shower. Toliet and sink are in closet like room with sliding door to close and another sink with shower are in another closet with sliding door.
There is also an iron and board , floating desk and chair. Pull out sofa linens are in a bag in closet.

Overall the room was very very clean. Sheets were fresh and soft. Bed was comfy. Bathrooms spotless.Our neighbors were quiet.

Complimentary breakfast downstairs in morning. Usual cereal, yogurt, bagels , muffins, oatmeal, fresh fruit, egg patties and turkey sausage, make your own waffles. Nice touch everything was labeled with calorie content. They did keep everything restocked. Employees were very attentive and pleasant.

My only complaint was the price of the hotel and parking. 139 plus tax room was 162. That is a bit high for a town like Indianapolis. Rates should be going for 99 . Parking $23 a night is a joke too .its Indiana !i would expect to pay prices like that in larger cities. Are they charging prices like that because it's new? Don't know. Spending close to 200 for night was a bit much.

Hotel was nice but prices a bit too high for the area. Indianapolis can't be compared to Chicago ,NYC , Atlanta, etc. one would expec lower prices in the Indiana market.

Would stay again only if prices were a little lower . Otherwise will probably stay in the outlying areas where prices are cheaper. Inidianapolis is a small enough city to get around.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your comments. It is always our goal to ensure that each guest has an excellent experience. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

This stay was for a wedding and then work. I needed a clean spacious room that could accommodate multiple uses. This place did it all! The suite had more than enough room for entertaining, and all the business amenities I needed for work. Internet worked very well! Wesley at the front desk was helpful with suggestions. The room and common areas were kept clean. Others have already noted the quirky bathroom, which was wonderfully functional .... I prefer it! Breakfast was standard fare, but spotlessly clean and well stocked, even when the hotel was full over the weekend. Great location. Yes, I would stay here again, without hesitation.

Stayed: April 2012
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Downtown and had a great experience with our staff and service. We appreciate your business and the great review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on April 13th for one night. The hotel lobby was super cute! They have a wii and board games to play. I had a few problems. When I checked in, I was asked by the guy at the front desk (i dont recall his name) what my plans were for the night. ((that's a personal question and I've never experinced that before in my life at a hotel)) second, I was called by the same guy at the front desk and I was told that we were too loud. However, we weren't loud at all and I personally do not care for loud things. Last but not least, there were stains on the walls. Gross!

I asked for extra towels and I only had one towel. I wonder if my room was properly cleaned.

Overall, the room was roomy and worth the money. Breakfast was great!

• Stayed: April 2012
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

I hope you will accept our sincere apologies if you feel you were not treated with the utmost respect during your recent stay. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here with our grandchildren and it was perfect. We asked for connecting rooms and they were available when we checked in. Check in was pleasant and easy. The person that checked us in even gave the children (ages 3 and 5) swag bags with sunglasses and some playthings. The rooms are clean and met our needs. They are not as large as at a Courtyard, but they do have one great feature. The toilet is in a separate room (with a sink) from the shower and vanity. So, for a family, it makes it much easier to share a single bathroom.

The breakfast was the usual free breakfast, but worked out fine for us. If you really like coffee, I would recommend walking over to the Starbuck's in the Courtyard's lobby and bringing it back to have with your free breakfast.

For the price, you can not beat it. The only negative is that you have to pay for parking - - about $23 a day. But, after all, you are in downtown! It is still worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

I wanted to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at the Springhill Suites by Marriott. Everything mentioned in your post is a key to our success and I love to see those assets shine through. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I am a Starwood properties fan and normally stay at Westin/W hotels. I travel on business all of the time and I must say that this hotel is much better than some of the 4 star properties that I frequent. Check-in was a breeze. Loved the room decor! Breakfast was decent. Great for families. Amenities met my needs, so not sure why this got such low marks. They have Wi and board games for the kids, guest laundry, pool, workout room, snacks, large eating area, Skywalk that will take you all the way to the mall and the convention center, so that you don't have to walk outside if the weather is bad. I have not seen this in other cities. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and am planning my next trip soon. Marriott has done an outstanding job with this property!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 April 2012

The rooms are basic… The beds are nice… The pool is really small and there's so many people in it it's obnoxious… The exercise room has kids running around in it… And most of the equipment is used during the primetime hours… So clearly not much of a value

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Ackk5609
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for your comments. It is always our goal to ensure that each guest has an excellent experience. If you would like to discuss these issues further please feel free to contact me.

Regards