“Always comfortable and clean -- Great customer service!”

SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #31 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Always comfortable and clean -- Great customer service!”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I love this hotel. It's very modern and the suites are laid out perfectly. Beds are comfy.

I stayed at the Springhill last week when the largest convention Indy hosts was in town (GenCon). The hotel was completely booked. (I think every hotel was completely booked within a 10 mile radius of downtown.) But even with so many people, the hotel staff here delivered great customer service. When I checked in on Monday night, I had just spent the whole day in airports with delays due to weather. I was cranky. The front desk staff was delightful. I had asked at the time if my stay could be extended one night (checking out Saturday) -- that I knew it was probably not a possibility due to all the GenConners. On Thursday night, Jerrad from the front desk staff had found me a room from a cancellation. I didn't even have to switch rooms. He made my night and my stay even more enjoyable.

Also, if you have time while waiting for your car from valet, chat up Holt, one of the head valets. He's very funny and just an enjoyable guy to have a conversation with.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites. Only difference are the views.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
I wanted to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis. Everything mentioned in your post is a key to our success and I love to see those assets shine through. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Savoy, Illinois
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We bid our own price via Priceline.com and got a reasonable room rate to stay here. The rooms are nice, workout room, pool, really nice breakfast in the morning. My one issue is that you pay $24 for parking and there aren't any other options. So, really, that needs to just be added onto the cost of the room. Otherwise, location is awesome, right in downtown and the room was clean and great!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Downtown and had a great experience with our staff and service. We appreciate your business and the great review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I did enjoy my stay here overall. My boyfriend and I stayed for 4 days as a small vacation get away. We arrived earlier then expected and was allowed to check in, which was nice. The person at the deck was nice enough but not very talkative or overly friendly mostly just handed us our keys and sent us on our way. We were told to use our keys for the elevator but never had to, which was commented on by other guests as well.

The room was clean except for a few hairs in the tub and some crumbs by the bed. The beds were a bit harder then what I am used to when staying at Marriott Branded hotels. The room had temperature control which was nice instead of the chunky wall units. The only complaint I really had was the fact that the light on the desk that is vertical agaisnt the frosted window deviders tended to be a bit too bright. The door to the bathroom is very different in the fact it is a huge woodlooking door that just slides like a closet door and doesn't lock and only had the toliet and sink. There was another set of sliding glass doors near the closet that opened to the actual shower/tub and another sink. I liked this layout but my boyfriend wasn't a fan. The tv was the flatscreen and didn't have that many channels but did have a great channel devoted just to information about indianapolis. I did love the decor and just the more modern look of the rooms.

The Pool we never used just because it was always very cloudy.

The fitness center was nice and clean with a lot of equipment.

Breakfast was always good, I loved the omelettes!!! the breakfast staff was very nice however after awhile they would be talking more amongst themselves and ignoring people who seemed to be needing help and not really replentishing items very well or wiping down tables. Twice when we came to breakfast later in the morning the tables were a bit sticky. But really overall it was a good selection and the staff did at least greet people.

The hotel kind of shares a building with the courtyard next door. The courtyard has a bellhop? and he is outside almost all day making taxi reservations and assisting patrons. The only thing I didnt like about that was everytime we called a taxi he would give our taxi to someone who was waiting for the one he called. Which after the second time of it being given away ( we know because we contacted the taxi driver when he wasn't there after 10 mins and was told he picked us up which of course he didn't, then also because we called a different cab company then the hotel) we just ran up to the cab that came and told him that No we called this taxi and you have given away ours twice now. Which he got a bit mad over cause he had guests with him who he was trying to assist. So be forwarned.

Overall we would come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I did enjoy my stay here overall. My boyfriend and I stayed for 4 days as a small vacation get away...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
I wanted to send you a quick message to first thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This hotel is located very close to the convention center (is in fact connected through hallways) as well as the Indiana museum and river area. It is also an easy walk to the "downtown" area, which is about a half mile. I was also pleasantly suprised by Indianapolis itself-what a nice city
The hotel is very clean and lobby looks great. The "suite" was a bit small, and had a separate shower/sink area from the commode which would be nice if traveling with two or more people. The suite had a decent living area, with sort of modern, uncomfortable furniture, but a nice work desk, with free wireless internet available. One thing that I really liked was having to use your rooom card to access the elevators, made the hotel seem very secure. Continental breakfast was ok, one nice thing is that they list the calories in the food right by each selection. The staff members were great, particularly Ericka at the front desk, who was extremely helpful with directions, getting a cab, etc. Overall, a nice stay in a great location.

Room Tip: Choose an "odd" numbered room on a high floor to have a nice sunset view, otherwise, the r...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Called while travelling to check on availability for a family of 5, and were told no problem, we could choose our floor. Got there a couple hours later and they said they had given out the last room that holds 5. Obviously they misinformed us on the phone, or we would have had one reserved for us. They did not try to set us up anywhere even though we went right next store to the Fairfield and they worked hard to set us up as there rooms are made for 4, not familes of 5 like ours. So we saved over $ 100 and stayed right next store where they have superior service. The best part, was they tried to have us park in the parking garage before we were even checked in, so if we had not got a room next store I guess we would have been out the parking fee too.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
I hope you will accept our sincere apologies if you feel you were not treated with the utmost respect during your recent stay. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay. If you would like to discuss this futher, please feel free to contact me directly.

Ofallon, IL
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We were very pleased with our stay. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Looking forward to referring others to this property.
Good view, atmosphere, and just all around great location.

Thank you for the "Nap Town" hospitality. Keep up the good work!

JD

1 Thank JD-Justenuff

Indiana
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We wanted to call out excellent service from Wesley Hill. He checked us
into the hotel and made us feel very welcome. His answers to several
questions on restaurants were very helpful. He also provided breakfast bars
and milk to us since we were leaving for TRI Indy before the breakfast area
would be open the next morning. His extra efforts were greatly appreciated

We love the SpringHill Suites format and the Indianapolis location was excellent. The location was perfect for the TRI Indy events and walking distance to all of the downtown attractions.

Be aware there is a $23 parking fee, but worth it for the downtown location.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
I wanted to send you a quick message to first thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel and Staff. Guest feedback is very important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.