“Great Space, Great location. great Service”

SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #29 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
San Diego, California
“Great Space, Great location. great Service”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Never been to Indy before (and guessing locals don't call it Indy, since I am from Southern California and locals don't call it SoCal).

I was here for a convention. Booked this hotel for our group as we were sharing rooms and this place offered larger ones.

Impressive lobby. Very modern look, but very approachable.

The lobby was FULL of partiers when I checked in. I know that isn't typical, but they were a bit smashed and laughing and yelling. Made it hard to hear much of anything other than them.

Friendly staff: they truly go out of their way to help. Whenever a hotel adds "Let us know if there is anything you need," I am impressed.

For the first time in a long time I had to use my room card to access the elevator, but I only saw it as added security. It's a bit confusing because this hotel, the Courtyard and another Marriott property are all connected (and I mean literally!) My bank of elevators was BEFORE the ones for the other Marriott. So yes, a tad confusing.

My room had two queen beds. Interesting modern room, with frosted sliding pocket doors on the powder room (toilet and sink) and shower room (sink and shower). The latter door didn't stay shut unless I propped my shoe over the stopper.

Beds very cozy and I have a terrible back.

Ipod dock on the alarm clock was a nice addition.

Here are my nit picks:
The vent above my closet was a speaker for the room next door. The first night all I could hear was them yelling and laughing until 1 AM. I had an early alarm, so this wasn't a great start.

Water pressure: Not enough. Enough said.

WiFi a bit laggy.

NOTE: If you are attending a conference this hotel has to be at least a .7 mile walk (indoors) to the exhibit hall. For me this was too far, as I made several back and forth trips in a day, but I'm not convinced there was a closer hotel. The Conference Center is attached to several hotels, malls, restaurants, and this can be a little confusing. *Happily you pass a Starbucks on the way to the Convention Center.

Caveats: I didn't eat any of the breakfasts while I was there, as I am frankly not a breakfast eater.

Cab ride to and from airport weirdly varied from $30-40. I've been in a lot of cities and a five dollar difference is no biggie. Ten bucks and I wonder....

Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This is a very clean hotel. Rooms are nice and spacious.
A few complaints
First the doors on the bathroom and shower area. They are sliding doors w no locks
No disney channel and no movie ordering capabilities. I found it very odd you couldn't order movies in the room.
Beds are comfortable. Room is clean. Pool is small and no hot tub.

Stayed March 2014
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were part of a wedding block, so we had several rooms here and everyone involved had positive things to say about the experience.
It is located in an interesting hotel enclave just a couple of blocks west of the Circle, and right by White River State Park -- the Courtyard and Springhill Suites are actually connected, with a Fairfield Inn across the parking lot, and the JW Marriott towering over everything next door.
The staff was the friendliest and most helpful of any hotel we have ever encountered! The rooms are updated and very lovely, the décor hip yet inviting.
The only negative observations we made: water pressure in the shower was lacking, sort of a pet peeve of mine; and the $27/night valet parking fee -- delusions of grandeur in my opinion -- come on, this is not Chicago or NYC, it's Indy!
However, those were minor irritations -- overall, the stay was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AJMF
CYSHSIndy, Manager at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We are happy to hear you and the rest of the wedding party enjoyed their stay. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for the review.
Harrisburg, Ohio
Reviewed 4 March 2014

First time to stay at this hotel. Normally stay at Embassy Suites, but they were booked. Found Springhill and glad I did! The hotel is really 3 in one. You have the JW Marriott, The Courtyard as well as Springhill Suites. We were there for the Supercross at Lucas Oil Stadium. There are restaurants and bars on site, which was nice to have. And the cost is 1/2 of the Embassy!!! The skywalk will take to to other connecting hotels w/restaurants and bars as well as the convention center. This is my new go to hotel when in Indianapolis!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dingo01
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay for the Supercross weekend. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for the review.
Cincinnati Oh
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Another nice weekend in Indy. Our room was spacious enough for my daughter to bring a friend and didn't feel cramped. Staff could not have been nicer. My friends that joined us called the decor "retro" but I like it. I like green and blue tones.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for the review.
Crown Point, Indiana, USA
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We arrived to find they didn't have any double queen rooms available, despite my reservation. We were upgraded at no charge to two adjoining king suites - much better anyways. My older teen daughter and her friend had their own adjoining space to giggle and squeal while I watched tv and got some much needed rest in my own king bed alone in my room It was fantastic! I awoke to a beautiful day and went down to the pool. Why no one else swims early is beyond me - the pool was just warm enough and I had it all to myself. I got ready and had a fabulous breakfast on the house after getting my Starbucks on site just down the hall. This hotel is worth every penny.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank WinfieldWormie
CYSHSIndy, Manager at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
We are so happy you had a good night sleep, enjoyed the pool and breakfast. We hope to see you on your next trip to Indy.
Boston, MA
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here on business for a conference at the JW Marriott next door. Since my company prefers to book cheaper options, when available, the location of the Spring Hill Suites was perfect. The hotel shares an entrance way with a Courtyard Marriott, sits a few feet away from a Fairfield Inn and adjoins the JW Marriott by a shared hallway. Staying in either the SpringHill Suites, Courtyard of Fairfield will give you direct access to the JW and its entities and a sky walkway to the municipal parking and convention center. A few blocks down the street is where you'll find the majority of bars, restaurants and nightlife options so while it's not in the heart of the action, it certainly is within shouting distance to everything you'll need. The rooms are typical SpringHill Suites quality with a small sitting area, desk, college-sized fridge and sleeping area. The bathroom is a little strange, in that it's laid out in two separate rooms. I suppose that's good if you're traveling with somebody and one of you wants to shower while the other poops, but for a single business traveler it's a little strange. The free breakfast is a nice bonus and provides some standard options to start your day with. All in all, a friendly, accommodating staff, decent location, clean rooms and decent amenities make it a good value for those in the area for business or a sporting event.

Room Tip: Before heading to your room, make sure you grab a bottle of water or drink as there is nothing in th...