“reasonable, clean, and modern”

SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #31 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was at a conference at the Indy convention center, which is accessible via skywalk from the hotel. They have four Marriott brands all connected. The rooms were modern and clean. The fitness center was decent for a hotel of this class. There are miles of running trails right out the front door.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I have been in the hotel business for over 25 years and I have never heard of such a greedy money making policy in my life. I had purchased a tshirt online and had it FedExed to the hotel, when I arrived at the front desk after my business meeting to pick it up, the front desk associate asked me if I wanted to put the $10 charge for holding it on my room bill!!! $10 for holding on to a small package containing a tshirt??? I was floored...... $10??? I have never heard of such a greedy money making policy in all my life!! Unbelievable!! After politely asking the FDA to remove the charge and explaining what an incredibly ridiculous policy this was, she agreed to not charge me but made sure I knew for next time. Well, when I received my bill in the morning, there was the charge.... "Package Receiving...$10"!! I will NEVER stay at this establishment again and I encourage you to do the same....solely based on principle! This is a 100% profit generated policy and the General Manager should be ashamed of him/herself for raping their guests like this!!

1  Thank Bruinzfan
CYSHSIndy, Manager at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us to let us know about your recent stay. We pride ourselves on our guest service, and I’m sorry we didn’t meet your expectations. Because our hotel connects to the nearby convention center, we recently instituted a policy that requires packages delivered to the hotel be charged a delivery fee. Unfortunately, the hotel does not have the space to store a large number of packages on property. I understand why this policy was frustrating to you, and I’m happy to speak to you in detail regarding your specific situation. Please call me at (317) 822-9029 to discuss your stay in more detail.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel was in a great location near many tourist attractions. The hotel is also connected to the Indianapolis boardwalk. The rooms are nice, clean, and quiet. The staff was good and breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed for one night at the Springhill Suites and had a wonderful stay. There are three other Marriott hotels that are all connected on this 'campus'. As far as the location is concerned, it can't be beat! The White River State park is across the street, Victory Field is next door and it's an easy walk to the mall, monument and shops and restaurants. The pool area is very small and there is no hot tub, but it was sufficient enough for our son to swim and burn off some energy! The room layout was fantastic for families. Typical for Springhill Suites there is a separate living area with a pull out sofa bed and a wet bar with fridge and microwave. The bathroom set up is what really makes this room nice. There is a half bathroom plus a completely separate bathroom with a glass enclosed shower and sink. I can see how a solo traveler may not like the set up as much but for us it was perfect. Breakfast was pretty standard hotel fare and it was extremely busy on the morning we stayed but everything was well stocked for the most part. Parking is a challenge. There is a daily fee for parking but that's to be expected in any city. My advice, however is to pay the extra money and use the valet (I did not and quickly regretted that decision). On the night we stayed, the Marriott next door had a huge event and the parking garage was full. We circled and circled until finally finding a spot and then you have to sling your luggage from the garage to the hotel. We would have saved a lot of grief had we just used the valet. Overall, the location and the room set up are fantastic. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and this would be my first choice when staying downtown Indianapolis.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My room was great and the people were very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that they use scented laundry detergent and/or fabric softener which I and 20%+ of the population are allergic to. If they got rid of that I'd give them a 5 rating.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

For the money you can't go wrong. Springhill Suites is attached to the Couryard, Fairfield and JW Marriott and has a skywalk to the Convention Center. On the western edge of downtown Indy. Very clean, GREAT staff, nice free hot breakfast, free wifi, has a small 'pantry' for snacks, etc, etc.
We stayed two nights and will definitely consider the Springhill Suites for our next visit to Downtown Indy.

Room Tip: If you want a view you need to request an 'odd' numbered room. The even numbered rooms face...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I went for a 5 day business trip with my dad for our company and we were booked at Spring Hill Suites. We stayed in room 1037 on the tenth floor respectively. Our room had a view of the canal, the two beds were huge; each had five pillows which was nice since the pillows tend to sink under your head.

Shower room and separate restroom were clean and ran well, the shower had a steady power stream with plenty of towels, soaps and space to put supplies you bring from home.

The only thing I found less than satisfying was the breakfast, most implied towards the scrambled eggs. They tasted very salty when you ate them, and the juice selections from the dispenser were warm.

All in all a nice place to stay; besides the breakfast everything else was beautiful and well run, with friendly staff. I'd like to stay longer or just for vacation to use their pool and workout room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business