“DON'T PLAN ON STAYING THERE AGAIN!”

Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #39 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I checked to make sure we could leave our car at this hotel before booking. When checking the manager told me for a fee I could leave the car and the airport would cost more. I ask for a phone book to check the airport cost and the manager then told me I could leave the car there at no cost. When we returned from our trip the people above was VERY LOUD ALL NIGHT! We called down to the desk at 1:00 a.m. and told them, finally at about 4:00 it was quite for a short time. We left our 5 year old girls blanket at the hotel and did not miss it till we got home. So we called the hotel and ask if it could be sent to us, for a fee of $10. PLEASE, it could of been put into a bubble envelope and sent for half the cost. When I ask if they could do that the manager got on the phone and TOLD me our fee is $10 more matter. I told him that was a little much, he then told me (in a very RUDE tone) we could hold it for 2 months if you want to dirve back down to get it. I told him he was being rude and to ship the blanket home. I guess customer service means nothing to him. I guess all in all the service left a LOT to be improved upon to say the least! We have done a LOT of traveling and never at a manager be so RUDE to us.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ovrmyd

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We booked a reservation on expedia for what we THOUGHT was the Comfort INN in plainfield. Went directly to the hotel (less than 30 minutes after making the reservation), found out it was the wrong hotel. TRIED to cancel the reservation immediately, and was CHARGED a $91.00 penalty!! Hotel said cancellation had to be MORE than 24 hours in advance to avoid the fee. Didn't even MAKE the reservation more than 24 hours in advance!!!, and yet they still would NOT budge on waiving the fee!! WHAT A RIP-OFF!!!!

We will NEVER stay at a Comfort Inn EVER again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND will DEFINITELY be sharing this experience with EVERYONE on Facebook and any place else I can post!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank topaz2456
Reviewed 11 June 2011

This is a newer property with a lot of nice upgrades. Marble in the lobby. Nice furniture. But, parking was a disaster. the hotel offers "park and fly" room rates, so everybody and their brother drives in, parks, stays the night and takes the shuttle to the airport. Leaving their car at the hotel. The parking lot was overflowing out into the street and I was doing good to get a spot.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2011

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were comfortable and clean. I would recommend this hotel. I would recommend calling the hotel when you get off the plane to see when the shuttle will be there to pick you up. There were no cars to be rented because of the Indianapolis 500 race. If you do not want to pay for expensive taxi cabs rides then use the hotel shuttle. Take the hotel shuttle to back to the airport then take the IndyGo GreenLine Airport/Downtown Express Bus, really easy to use and cost is only $7.00 per person. Only drawback stops at 9pm. Since I had time to kill Sunday before my flight. I went to the Indianapolis 500. Again use the hotel shuttle to the airport. The speedway had a bus transportation for fans. The cost was $24. I really found this was easy to use instead of driving and parking. Again my stay was great and would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

My wife and I booked a room for a recent trip to Boston. We called to confirm our reservation before we left and were told they did not have a reservation for us. We had unknowingly called the "Comfort Inn and Suites" rather than the "Comfor Suites". Assuming they had just lost our reservations, we booked a new room and had a great trip. When we got home, we discovered we had been billed by the "Comfort Suites" for a room we never used. Even though they are both owned by Choice Hotels and use the same system, the manager at the Comfort Suites would not refund us the $100 plus dollars for the room we never used. They admitted that "this happens often and is a real problem" the manager was very unhelpful. Indy has many Comfort Inn's, Comfort Suites, and Comfort Inn and Suites but yet they will not help customers who mix up the names. The room would have had too have been more like a Marriott for us to forgive this and I believe my wife and I will not stay with "Comfort" anything in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mrhorn
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Truly a great hotel, not congested in downtown area. Great staff.

1  Thank donkane
Reviewed 8 May 2011

the clerks here are friendly, kind. the facility is good and living here is comfortable.