“Clean, welcoming, perfect airport stay.”

Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #41 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Northern Ireland
“Clean, welcoming, perfect airport stay.”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I stayed in Comfort Suites at Indianapolis Airport after a long day of travelling from Dublin, Ireland. Arrived at around 1am (after mistakenly taking a taxi to Comfort Inn!!) and was completely shattered, emotional even. The service at Comfort Suites arguably saved my whole trip experience. I arrived and was checked in warmly, with reassuring friendliness. Given my key quickly and directed to my room.

The room itself was frankly heavenly, after a long day of air travel. Quite cold upon entering, the heating warmed the room in approx 15 minutes, the room was spacious, with a large and very comfortable bed. Two locks on the door which was very reassuring. I took a shower upon arrival and the piping hot water and excellent pressure immediately revived me. Happily, there was a coffee maker in the bathroom, so I was able to have a warming cup of tea (brought my own tea bags: Americans have not got onto the whole tea drinking thing at all!) after my shower. The bed was absolutely comfortable and I had a great night's sleep. Great sized television in the room and very fast, free wi-fi as well.

Breakfast the next morning was served in buffet-style, with waffles, muffins, cereal, yoghurts, sausage patties and scrambled eggs. Very satisfying and very little hassle. Check out was at 11am and I used the complimentary shuttle service to get back to Indianapolis Airport (where I would be travelling onward from). Sat in the cosy foyer for an hour using the wi-fi until the time I had booked my shuttle for. Had a lovely, friendly driver who helped me with my suitcase and exchanged pleasantries on the drive to the airport.

Comfort Suites deliver fully on what a lot of other hotels fail to do. The services are basic, but done to the highest standard. It is a perfect hotel for overnight airport stays, somewhere warm, safe and secure to lay your head after a long day of travelling. I would recommend that visitors make sure they are aware of the address of Comfort Suites however, as there are lots of hotels with very similar sounding names in the airport area. GPS is a must - or for taxi drivers, the specific address. Saves confusion!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to wrie your reviews with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bethany, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2012

This hotel is beautiful, clean, and the staff are the most friendly we have encountered in a while. From the moment you check in to the moment you walk out, you feel welcome and glad that you came to stay here. From the front desk to housekeeping, this is the place to be in Indiana! They also have park and fly which we took advantage of. Shuttle driver was courteous and shuttle was on time. They have installed security cameras for the parking while you leave your vehicle, so should be no issues there. The price is right and the service is excellent... Book it!

Room Tip: Any room is good, if there is noise from the airport, just kick the fan on your wall unit.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time wrte yiur reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Bluffton, Indiana
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We recently stayed in the Comfort Suites near the Indianapolis Airport for one night. We were in town for the ISSMA Marching Band State Finals at Lucas Oil Stadium. We were pleased upon arrival at the Comfort finding a newer hotel that was clean and quaint and inviting. The Front Desk Clerk checked us in quickly and our rooms were found to be clean and beautifully decorated. I typically always have at least one complaint from every hotel I stay in because my standards are very high and I rarely sleep well in a hotel. This was not the case with the Comfort Suites. I slept fantastic and have absolutely nothing negative to report! The breakfast was great the morning of check-out and I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay near the airport or close to downtown. We found that it was about a 10-15 minute commute to Lucas Oil.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rhinek1222
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with community, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Lawrenceville, Illinois
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We used our GPS to find hotel and went right to it. Check in was simple and staff was very nice. Room was large and beds were good. Had a refrigerator and microwave in it. Room was clean and every thing was as it should be. The pool was a bit chilly, but the hot tub was nice. The tile floor around the pool was slippery but no one fell. The breakfast was good and included biscuits and gravy. Also had two waffle irons. The only thing I had a problem with was that there was not enough tables to eat on. There was ample room, just needed more tables and chairs. The stay was good and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to writr your reviews regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding sliprey pool floor on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with hotel maintenance personel to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Indianapolis, IN.

Kind Regards,
PA
Reviewed 13 September 2012

As part of our vacation travels from PA to CO and anticipating the busy Labor Day holiday traffic I booked a night at this hotel in advance of our trip. We usually plan on driving until we are ready to stop...see where we will be ready to stop for the night and then call. If traveling through the week we always plan for morning rush hour and book hotels on the outer loop of the city in the direction were heading. This hotel was just a short hop off of I-70. The low flying airplane making its approach to land gave us pause. We expected to have to use our earplugs to block the noise of the airport through the night. This was probably one of the quietest hotels we have ever stayed in- no earplugs required! The beds were a little too hard for my liking, but just right for my husband. The linens were nice and clean. The room was cozy, but provided ample space for our luggage and cooler. We also had a sofabed/coffee table sitting area. The breakfast was the usual fare of waffles, pastries, eggs, etc... but sufficient to get the morning going. After we left the hotel and made our way into Illinois, I discovered my car keys were missing. We called the hotel and they looked in the dining area, around the front desk and had housekeeping check our room to no avail. Late that evening I made a return call and spoke to Jared to follow and see if my keys had turned up. He was very helpful- offering to recheck those locations and call me if he should find them. He even offered to go out and look around the parking lot for me. On our return trip to PA, our timing put us back in the Indy area for the night so, as pleased as we were with our first stay, we decided to stay there again and was just as satisfied as on our first night. By the way, (blushing) my husband found my keys between my seat and the console in our car.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 17 September 2012

We very much appreciate and value your comments and will share your comments with our team. I am sure your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I enjoyed my stay. The staff was very kind. My room was very clean and fully stocked everyday with fresh towels etc. The one draw back was the location (nothing around) however I needed to shuttle service to the airport which made it ideal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone as well as make it a stay on my next trip.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Kitcat22
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Modern, clean, looks very new. I feel like the first guest here.
Check in was a little awkward with the manager trying to empty the cash drawer which put him in the middle of the clerk's work area and delayed the process a bit. Otherwise, nothing was awry. I'd stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 28 August 2012

Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 317-481-0700.