“Maybe ok for over night stay but not if you need to use airport shuttle”

Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #41 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Ivesdale, Illinois, United States
“Maybe ok for over night stay but not if you need to use airport shuttle”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport on 3/4/13 overnight. My family was flying out the next morning for Arizona. I booked our reservation online and chose the Park and Fly option. When we arrived at the hotel the desk clerk (Josh perhaps?) inquired if we would need to use the shuttle. We told him yes and he informed us that the shuttle was fully booked. He indicated that we should have called. So what good is the convenience of booking online?? But he did say he would try to get us arrangements and gave us the information for a taxi company. Later in the evening, he called our room and said he had convinced the shuttle driver to come in early and that we could use the shuttle to be taken over to the airport at 4:30 am. That would have been fine except that we had already called and made arrangements for a taxi and we needed to be there earlier than 4:30. But kudos to him for trying to help us out.

The room was clean and the beds were nice. We requested the grab and go breakfasts, 3 of them. The desk clerk told us we just needed to pick them up. When we got ready to leave, I went to pick up the grab and go's and there were only 2. One of the bags had been opened and someone had taken an item out of the bag. Ok, not that big of a deal, we shuffled the contents between the three of us.

We got to the airport by taxi and took our trip.

We returned on 3/12/13. Our flight was do in at 11:50. We were given instructions to call when we landed to have the shuttle come pick us up. Our plane landed late, so I called the hotel around 12:10. A female answered the phone. I requested the shuttle to pick us up. The female desk clerk informed me that the shuttle quits running at midnight. So then I asked her what I was supposed to do about this. She said she didn't know. She never said I can give you the phone number for a taxi company or anything. I had to ask! By this time I am tired, my flight was late coming in and I am not too happy that no one told me the shuttle quit running at midnight. So I asked her for a phone number for a taxi company and she proceeds to ask me - Well do you have a phone??? Ok, I am tired, grumpy about the shuttle, and she is talking to me at the same time. So I said - well I am talking to you aren't I?! She proceeded to tell me not to get smart with her. So I hung up on her!

Not the brightest bulb in the package! Comfort Suites you really need to get another shuttle and expand your hours. I am sure I am not the only customer who has had this problem.

And just to let you know, the next time I fly out of Indianapolis, I will not be staying with you!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jadhumes
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write reviews regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding shuttle service on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Indianapolis. Please feel free to contact me directly at: gmcomfortsuites@yahoo.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed here with my family when we were in town for a medical appointment. The location is close to the airport and outside the city in an area populated by a bunch of hotels. The hotel was clean and the room was nice. The staff was friendly from the front desk to the cleaners. We used the indoor pool one night but didn't test out the fitness center. Breakfast was pretty good - standard. All the typical coffee, juice, pastries, bagels, and ceral. Also had a waffle maker and two cover hot plates that usually contained an egg patty and sausage patty so you could make a breakfast sandwich on a bagel or english muffin. We had no issues at all while we were there. Not alot of dining out options in the immediate area, so you have to drive about 15-20 min, but then there is a good amount of options. I would stay here again if I needed to come to Indy and wanted to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rftummi
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed here the night before we had to fly out and head to Florida! We chose this hotel because of the park, stay, and fly. There shuttle was wonderful. The staff was so very friendly and very helpful! It was in the middle of an ice storm when we were there so we ordered in for delivery from the pizza place. It was like no other pizza that I have ever had:) it was sooooo GOOD and not and at bad cost either! There pool and sauna was very nice too! The had a wonderful hot breakfast in the morning as well! Once we were ready to leave for the airport the shuttle was their and waiting for us. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to any one! I will return back to this hotel for future stays!

• Stayed February 2013
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2013

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 317-481-0700.
indiana
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed here one night- staff friendly at check-in. Room was an average room my only complaint was that the sheets were very rough- not that I need luxury but these sheets were particularly rough and itchy. Other that that room ok. A little out of the way from restaurants etc but close to airport. All in all I would stay again. Please soften the sheets.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 11 March 2013

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 317-481-0700.
Southern Indiana
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Spent a night before flying out early in the morning. The room was clean and seemed fairly new or updated, and was typical of what I have come to expect from hotels in this price range.

The Park and Fly shuttle has limited space, and runs every 1/2 hour, so one must plan in advance or be prepared to take an earlier or later shuttle than desired, especially if travelling with a larger party. On our return, we were met promptly by the driver at the airport and quickly returned to our vehicle. Overall for us, a good experience...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent stay at our hotel.

Indiana
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport with a park and fly package. The location is a bit isolated from dining etc, and is in a large complex with many other hotels. The parking lot for park and fly was a gravel field. It was fairly full and was a bit muddy.

The hotel itself was better than we expected! The front desk check in process went smooth and the desk help was very friendly. The lobby and public areas were clean and well appointed. We had a king room. It was clean and everything was in working order. I especially liked the plug in set up at the desk. It had multiple outlets and USB charging ports. There was a mini fridge in the room. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

Breakfast was basic, but had all we needed for a quick bite before our flight. The shuttle to the airport went smooth and was on time. When we arrived back at the hotel after our flight I called the hotel at 11:20pm while waiting for our luggage as directed. Our luggage never arrived. As soon as I realized our luggage was lost and we had to file paperwork, I called the hotel again to inform them we would be late. This was at 11:40pm. The desk clerk informed me that the driver got off work at 12am and would not wait. We were out of the airport before midnight, but had to pay $25.00 for a cab. The lost luggage was not the hotel’s fault, but it sure would have been nice of them to wait 15 minutes for us! The hotel should consider extending it's shuttle hours.

Overall, this was a pleasant experience and we would use this hotel for a park and fly again as long as our return flight was early enough. Having to pay $25 for a cab increased the price to a point it wasn’t worth the cost for us.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank couplenindy
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Marina, California
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This is the third park & fly I've done at IND and this was the worst experience.
You arrive and realize how isolated this hotel is. This area is not well-located for restaurants, nightlife, etc., but this hotel is particularly bad because it's the last one down the road. Easy enough to reach from I-465 though.
The man there at check-in was very nice and quick about the process. I was directed where to park my car and I made note that I would need the first shuttle the next morning, at 4:30am (ugh). Getting to the room, I first found it odd that the door to the indoor pool was wide open. This was the case later that evening too. The room was very large and seemed very new. It lacked a lot of furnishings, so it felt a little cavernous. The bed wasn't particularly comfortable.
The main issue with the room was the noise. The people next to me were not being loud at all, but the walls were SO THIN I could hear them talking in their normal, conversational voices. It was like I had just put a bucket over my head, they were so audible. If they had been noisy, it would have been awful. This was bad enough.
Next morning, I go down promptly at 4:25 and no one was around. I called out for the clerk in the office on Facebook (I could see her screen) and said I was there for the shuttle. She said, "Oh..." and looked at a book on the counter. "The shuttle left. Sorry. The next one is at 5." She then went back into the office. So, even though I had verbal confirmation of understanding when I wanted the shuttle at check-in, it had to be in this little book to be acknowledged, and I was not on the list. I got on the 5 one and it was full. It was one of those in-between flight times so, had I not erred on the side of caution, I would have missed my flight or had to take a taxi there.
That was annoying, but coming back was much worse. My flight was scheduled to arrive at 11:15. I got in at about 11:20 and waited for the bags. And waited. By 11:50, I was really worried and called the hotel. I was told "Sorry, the shuttle only runs until midnight." I said, "Okay, go ahead and send him and I'll leave the bag if I have to." She responded that she couldn't send the shuttle out past midnight but, when I pointed out that it wasn't midnight, she got kind of angry, took down my name and phone number, then hung up on me. Luckily, the bags soon came and so did the shuttle. When the driver arrived, he came around to the back, not to help me with the bag or open the door, but to ask me why I was coming in so late and complain about how guests "arriving late" usually take a taxi. I apologized and pointed out that it was not yet midnight when I called. He got back in. I opened my door and got in. He started moving and immediately turned off the radio, then proceeded to drive erratically, swerving across the lane lines and taking turns too fast. It was also raining, and he didn't have the wipers on, which I found really strange. It was like he deliberately driving dangerously. When we got to the hotel, he pulled in by the door (not by my car) and just sat there, reading something. I got out, pulled out my bag and walked in the rain to my car, saying thank you. I normally tip these guys pretty well, but this one went pretty far out of his way to be a jerk.
I will not be staying here again and would not recommend this for others.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.