“Outstanding Value”

Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #40 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 August 2014

For $80 a night (AAA rate), I don't expect complete perfection. And it wasn't perfect. When we arrived, our room hadn't been cleaned and wasn't ready. We went back to the front desk, and were in an identical room right away. No excuses, just apologies, and a quick resolution.

The hotel and room were very clean, a must regardless of the price. No hairs on sheets, towels, or in the bottom of the tub. Corners were dust-free. The pool looks like it will need an update in the not-too-distant future, but was very clean and in a well-lit room. My kids loved it.

Breakfast was nothing special...the typical hotel continental fare. But it was good, kept the kids happy, and got us to lunch with no problem.

What I was most surprised about, however, was the staff. They were professional, and extremely friendly. When we reported our unclean room to the person at the desk, she didn't try to justify it or explain it. She made a sincere apology and made it right. On our way up to our new room, a hotel employee named Sam held the elevator door open for us, even though we were still a long way down the hall, and his hands were full of a lot of heavy items. He smiled and even answered all of the questions coming from my chatterbox 4-year old. A third employee, who looked to be with maintenance, smiled and said hello whenever we walked by. But the kicker was the fact that the manager of the hotel (I assume...he had a suit on) was helping with breakfast (setting up additional tables and chairs, putting out food) during an especially busy breakfast rush. I don't think I've ever been at a hotel breakfast where they've put out extra tables.

It was extremely easy to get to, and within 20 minutes of everything we wanted to do.

We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Don't expect much of a good view from either side. The south side overlooks an Allison Transmis...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Comfort Suites I, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We moved from another hotel and loved this property. It was clean, well appointed, and every team member was friendly. The rooms are big, the price is right. I would stay again. They have a nice laundry room with 2 washers and 2 dryers.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were in for the big NASCAR race and found this gem of a hotel during the search. GREAT staff at front desk and at the wonderful breakfast buffet. Rooms were spacious, clean, and everything worked. This would be a superb spot for a long sports weekend, or a business stay, or, any reason. Shuttle guys were great. Wonderful. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I always stay here when I need to fly out of Indianapolis Airport. Love that you can park here while you are gone. The room was nice, quiet and clean. Tabitha checked us in and helped us with the shuttle. They had grab and go breakfast bags for us to take and eat. The shuttle drivers to and from the airport were nice and helpful too. Will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jhd28
Comfort Suites I, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We appreciate your generous comments and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Not entirely sure why it felt so good, but I found myself wanting to tell everyone what a nice overnight I had here. Had to get my grandson on an early morning flight and we wanted to stay near the airport. I made a great choice. The beds were so very comfortable, the bathroom was clean and well-equipped, TV choices were great, and it was surprisingly quiet. All around a good experience.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank goddessbetsey
Comfort Suites I, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to your next visit with us and hope to take your experience with us to another level.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Fast easy check in. Room was a great size and clean, bathrooms contained lots of towels, bed comfortable not lumpy, refrigerators worked just never got very cold even after we turned it up, nice pool. We didn't get to eat breakfast since we had to leave early for airport but the front desk worker offered coffee, water and juice while we waited for shuttle. Shuttle was on time (be sure to sign up when you check in for a shuttle time). Takes approximately 15 min to airport. We left our car for the park and fly with no worries or problems. At check in they gave us a slip of paper with hotel phone number to call when we landed for pick up. (Which I thought was nice we have been on trips and have arrived at the airport not remembering what hotel we stayed at). Shuttle arrived promptly. There isn't any restaurants really close by to eat at we had to drive to find a place to eat dinner. Overall, nice experience. there is an extra charge for the shuttle not sure what it was for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunnyMahomet

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. We also offer "Grab & Go Bags" for our guests with early flight which include a granola bar, piece of fresh fruit and a water bottle.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here for just one night because the hotels in downtown were booked up. It's what you need/ expect in basic accommodations. Free breakfast, free wifi. Hotel had a pool but I didn't use it. The room was *HUGE*. Seems like it would be a good size for families. My only complaint was the lighting was dim -- made ironing a bit of a challenge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Comfort Suites I, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel.