“Great place for a soda.”

Locally Grown Gardens
Ranked #160 of 2,449 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I love the fact they've resued an old gas station. It makes it very unique. They have farm fresh veggies for the farmer's market aspect of the place. They have lots of pies for sale and they always look good. I've seen people eat the food and they always look happy. The smell of BBQ roasting in their smoker wafts up and down the Monon Trail. Sadly the only things I've purchased are a few vegetables and some samples of their extensive glass bottled soda selection. The bottle opener is by the cash register. I need to come here some time for dinner and sit out at one of the large picnic tables out front.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had their amazing salad and fresh homemade lemonade (which was a little bit too sweet for my taste).
I sat outside in the sun and enjoyed my evening.
Also fell in love with the Laguiole table set they sell there.
This would probably be my favorite place to go, if I would live in Indianaplis.
Congrats to this place!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We live close by to Locally Grown Gardens. It was great to see the intersection/old gas station renovated years ago into what it is now. Locally Grown Gardens offers up off the beaten track foreign food accoutrements, oddball sodas, some of the best homemade local pies around, fantastic coffee with old-style Euro coffee cream keeping cold in the fridge, etc... Oh yeah, and it does offer some of the best local produce in the area. It really is a huge neighborhood contributor. Don't go there expecting a value / deal, tho. Prices are high but for a place like this, near by, you pay for uniqueness. An observation, fact ... not a complaint. The family loves this spot. We stop frequently for refueling on our long Monon Trail bike rides. T

The crew that runs the place is always helpful and friendly and if you have a hankering for raggae music, then you may never leave this place. Pull up a cot and spend the night!

1  Thank Boilermaker_Indy
Reviewed 15 September 2013

There is still hope to American cuisine. After 3 weeks of travel, we were ready to give up when we stumbled upon this place.
Fresh produce, prepared with deep understanding and respect for the ingredients.
Worth a major detour!

1  Thank slubka
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We loved this place when visiting Indianapolis two years ago, so we were eager to return on this trip. The pies are still fantastic. Quaint setting in an old gas station, surrounded by fresh vegetables for sale. Simply great pie here.