All reviewstgi fridaysconvention centerindiana state museumparking garagelucas oil stadiumwhite river state parkwalking distancefree breakfastbaseball fieldroom was cleancanal walkhard boiled eggsself parkstay there againswim meetper daycapitol building
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This was my worst experience in 19 years of being a loyal platinum rewards member. I booked the hotel three months in advance, and did the mobile check-in at 10 AM Day of arrival. I also called the hotel to find out what type of room we were in and they explained we were on the top floor with a nice view. I then arrived at the hotel around 11:30 PM with my family to find that they gave my room away. There was a letter at the front desk from the manager indicating they had rebooked us to a non-Marriott property on 21st St. The mobile check-in is supposed to allow you to electronically check in. Apparently they felt it was better to give away our room to someone else. Extremely disappointed with the Marriott and the management at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Good Morning-
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced at our hotel and unfortunately, there are issues that are unforeseen and arise that take rooms out unexpectedly from inventory, making them unable to be occupied. Again, I apologize about the inconvenience this caused both you and your family.

Warm Regards,
Monica

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This hotel was very nice. Nice beds, nice lobby, good breakfast, nice staff. It's located downtown so its more expensive than a lot of other Fairfield Inns, but it is very handy if you're going to an event at the Lucas Oil Stadium or the Convention Center. As is so often the case in a downtown hotel, they charged $32 a night for parking but the underground lot was really nice, well lit, and extremely handy in and out. Another good thing about this property is that it has a Friday's Restaurant attached which I really appreciated after having driven all day.

Room Tip: We were overlooking Washington Avenue which was a nice view but had more road noise. Still not a lot of noise though.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Monica B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for the 5 star review, Susan N! We are happy to hear you thought the hotel was very nice and that you enjoyed Friday's. When your travel needs bring you back to Indianapolis, we hope to see you again. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived after a long day of travel around 11pm. We were told they oversold and "graciously booked a room next door at the courtyard Marriott." The problem is this room was $115 a night and the courtyard was $30+ cheaper. No discount offered. After I received no help from the front desk, I asked for a manager. The manger didn't care to fix the problem anymore than the front desk employee. It was the classic Seinfeld episode where a reservation doesn't mean a reservation. The manager admitted they sold the room out from under me because we arrived late. Finally they got us a room at the jw Marriott, after i recommended it. It's scam. Stay away.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Good Morning Dustin-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Unfortunately there are unforeseen circumstances that cause guest rooms to go out of inventory and when this occurs, the hotel does secure a reservation for you at an equivalent or greater property to ensure you have lodging available as we honor all reservations. I apologize that you were unsatisfied with the option of the Courtyard by Marriott option as this hotel was recently renovated and a tier above the Fairfield Inn and Suites.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and my room was very clean and up to date. Was disappointed that my room was directly across from the elevator, especially since I request away from elevator on my profile. Parking is expensive at $35/night. Overall not a bad place

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Guest-

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay. I appreciate you bringing your room concern to my attention as we always want to accommodate request and I sincerely apologize for the error on our end of securing your room close to the elevator. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Stayed here 4 nights for a conference at the convention center. Short walk each day to conference. My family, wife and 4 small children stayed part of the time with me and we had enough room in a two double with pull-out room. Lots to do within walking distance. Everyone we encountered at hotel was helpful and kind. Breakfast was included and met our needs.
My room was reserved originally as a single King room, this was incorrect and the front desk change this for us without a problem.
We did get dinner from TGIFridays and it wasn't that great. Convenient, but not great, this isn't hotels fault though!!
Parking is expensive, just do valet...its only a few dollars more. Cost of parking is about the same all around the hotel.
We would defiantly consider staying here again as a family. Our room was clean, and had everything we needed. Thank you!

Room Tip: Great view of the museums from our room, ask for a view of the street
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Good Evening- Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are thrilled to learn that you were able to enjoy some of the attractions near by and that our front desk team was able to accommodate the room request change. We look forward to welcoming you back when travel brings you into Indianapolis again!