“A comfprtable place to stay!”

Renata's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 18 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed at Renata's on our way home from Branson. Renata had no problem with our late arrival and fixed a wonderful breakfast to our convenience. The room was comfortable and Renata was a very pleasant host! We will stay again if the occasion allows!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed at Renata's on the advice of my daughter who stayed with Renata while she was relocating to Indianapolis and looking for an apartment. When my daughter found an apartment, I stayed at Renata's to help my daughter get situated. I've stayed at a number of B & Bs over the years-many fancier-but Renata is the best innkeeper I've ever met, and that certainly made for a very enjoyable AND comfortable stay. Renata has a warmth and charm about her that immediately makes you feel at ease. She also went above and beyond for my daughter and really looked after her. The breakfasts were generous and delicious. An evening snack was provided-one night I came back and was offered a homemade strawberry-rhubarb crisp with a scoop of ice cream! I stayed in the German Room-a nod to Renata's German roots. It was cozy and comfortable. I didn't notice any restaurants within walikng distance, but the location has easy proximity to the zoo, the speedway and downtown.

Room Tip: if you think you need more space--ask for one of the slightly larger rooms when booking. My room was...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at Renata's B&B on Valentine's Day. What a wonderful experience! Renata made us feel very much at home--what a B&B experience should be. Her "extra touch" for Valentine's Day was fantastic--flowers, chocolate, and a large Valentine's Day balloon. The food and conversation were outstanding. If you're looking for an excellent B&B in Indianapolis, look no farther than Renata's B&B!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reuben p
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Great location near the airport and close to downtown Indy. I found Renata's to be a very good value--it is clean, quiet, comfortable and the owner is very engaging and accomodating. I have an egg allergy which I noted on the online reservation form. Renata was aware of this when I checked in and offered appealing options. The night I spent here was enjoyable and the breakfast was well prepared and had considerable variety. The rooms are nicely furnished and peaceful. I would recommend this B&B and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
renatesbandb, Owner at Renata's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear Jean,
It was a pleasure hosting you. Thank you so much for staying with us. I hope you will visit Indianapolis again soon so we can chat about your life and I can make you a delicious breakfast.
Renata

Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed at Renata's as part of a 20th anniversary tour, two nights at the start of our trip, and it was a mixed stay. We stayed in the Romance Room but found it small especially the bathroom where the shower was almost too tiny to use. Since we were the only ones staying those two days, I was able to nose around a bit. I found out that the America room was the largest over all so if you stay at Renata's I suggest you stay there.

The area that this B&B is in is not the best in Indianapolis. True it is quite close to the racetrack and you can get to anyone on the west side of the city in a short amount of time. Renata herself has done so much with the house and the large yard that is truly stands out from the neighborhood.

Renata is very friendly, we watched TV with her in the main living room both evenings. She was helpful in terms of finding dining and offered us both her American and her European style breakfast. I liked them both and she kept us company during those meals.

The yard was well kept and there is a building called "The Garden Cozy" that you can rent out for events that also looked well-maintained to us though we didn't see anyone use it while we were there.

Renata's has great potential and I'm sure if you are there for the racetrack or for business, the rates and friendliness are ideal. But for a romantic getaway, we really needed a bigger room in an area where we have easier access to better restaurants and entertainment that isn't race related.

Room Tip: Ask about the size of the bathroom and if you think a room description seems like it might be right...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stay at Renata's everytime we stay in Indy. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The ambiance is warm and cozy, and Renata is a wonderful and welcoming hostess. A night at Renata's beats a night at a chain hotel 1000% !!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Isabellacn

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. I really enjoy seeing you every time you are in town. I look forward to your next visit. Give me a call with when you are arriving and I will have your room ready.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

My wife and I and our six kids spent 4 days here while visiting family nearby. We were welcomed despite our 2AM arrival and made to feel at home. We rented all four rooms, and our kids loved the comfy beds and homey decor (not to mention the TV's upstairs and cable downstairs).

Breakfasts were to our request and were straight up amazing. Renata was patient, understanding of our needs, flexible, and always pleasant. Our kids enjoyed interacting with her and certainly felt at home.

She went the extra mile in helping us with things that made our trip much easier; she's the kind of innkeeper you want to go back to, because you know she'll make things right.

Room Tip: Just look at her pictures; they're very good representations.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Your children were great. I enjoyed meeting them and having your family in my home in December. Certainly one of the great advantages of having a b&b is meeting such wonderful people and becoming friends. I hope you and your family are well and will return soon.
Renata