This was our first visit to Fort Harrison State Park Inn and we took advantage of the two nights for the price of one winter offer. We stayed in the Governor’s Suite which was the most attractive room on the Web site. We were looking forward to reading by the fireplace shown online and listed as one of the features. So of course we were disappointed when we saw the “Fireplace is not operational” sign on it. The front desk said it had been permanently disabled. The suite is spacious with a king size four-poster bed, large bathroom (the most impressive feature) including shower and Jacuzzi. For all its features, it doesn’t quite measure up to a “Governor’s Suite”. It’s located on the third floor next to the elevator, with the noise you might expect. Fortunately, there were few other guests using it. The room is dark with small windows (with no view) on one wall and very few ceiling lights, mostly lamps. There is a hand-painted mural on three walls, but little other decor — or attempt at decor. You might think the Governor’s Suite would include a few books on Indiana governors or history — maybe on the mantel over the non-functioning fireplace. The furniture shows wear and there are spots on the carpet. Housekeeping is lax as evidenced by dusty blinds, corner cobwebs, loose drawer knobs and lamp finial; one lamp was unplugged. Waste baskets were not emptied during our stay and a roll away bed we never requested or needed remained awkwardly in the room. Strangely, the bed was made (not very well) so that the thin sheets and blanket came chest-high. We’ve stayed at many bed and breakfasts that show more attention to the details of providing a quality guest experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal accommodation to experience the natural beauty and harmonious blend of landscape and history. This resort and lodging complex features the Garrison Conference Center, as well as the championship Fort Golf Course. Available lodging experiences include guest rooms and suites, and fully furnished former Officer's homes. Located within 20 minutes of downtown Indianapolis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Hotel Indianapolis
- Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort And Conference Center