“Good Business Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Iowa City, Iowa
“Good Business Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

It is an very adequate business hotel, located at a very convenient location. Hotel seems quite new and facilities are modern. Entrance is a bit crowded, and internally it connects with the JW Marriott and then almost every building in Indy as you know. No restaurant though, only a bar for night food and grab-n-go breakfast items.

I could see a quarter of the nearby baseball field from my room, and was able to see the fireworks played in the field.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank charlesdwang
Marr601, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
We are glad to hear the hotel met your business travel needs. The firework display at Victory Field is always a wonderful show. We hope you visit again next time you are in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I come down to visit my mother who happens to help with one of the biggest seminars that come to Indy twice a year. Two full weeks each year for Do It Best. We stay at Courtyard every time, and they are very professional and nice to their clientele. Never see anything out of place, and they never skip a beat. I never feel hassled when I come to pick up room keys, even though my mother is the paying guest, and I am not. Pseudo Starbucks downstairs, small café with eclectic foods, they have pitchers of fresh fruit waters for guests, free wifi, free access to computers downstairs, lounge, bar, gym and pool. And the beds have to be the most comfortable in the world. I can't wait to kick my shoes off after a day of walking around Indy. I always look forward to coming up to visit!

Room Tip: Any! Every room is quiet, every room has a view of the city as far as I can tell.
Green Features: They have placards out explaining they only change the bed sheets every three days during your visit, which I love, because I don't like room service bothering me.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Amanda C
Marr601, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your satay and come back every year. We will see you at the next conference.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The Courtyard was an awesome stay. The staff was amazing. Their collective knowledge of the area was spot on and accurate. My room was clean, comfortable and exactly what I wanted. The Marriott properties have not let me down ever.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank T W
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your satay on your first visit to Indianapolis. We hope you come back to visit the city again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here with my family for a couple of day visit to downtown Indy. It is a great location and I cannot say enough about the customer service of all employees we encountered. From the valet drivers to the desk attendents to the food employees, everyone made was extremely friendly and always had a smile and made sure we were taken care of. Top notch service!!! Only negatives to whole stay was the bathroom could have been a little cleaner, we found an advil pill on the floor when we checked in and the area around the pool could have been cleaned up a little too. The pool itself was nice, but the tile area was in need of a good scrubbing. Other than those minor details, it was a fantastic stay!! Definitely staying here again on our next trip to Indy.

Room Tip: Top rooms with a north view are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BriTim22
Champaign Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I have stayed in this hotel in the past but most recently stayed on July 4th. My family and I like the king room with a sofa bed. Each stay including this one the room is clean and very nice and accommodating for my family and I.
The customer service is always nice and very friendly. This visit they went above the call of duty. We had booked two queens as that was all they listed as available on the website. When I checked in I asked for one king and a view facing the ballpark. It was available and request was granted. We also asked about getting tickets for the baseball game and watching fireworks that evening. They helped us get tickets and told us all about the planned firework display that evening.
This was not the first time that they accommodated requests.
The location of the hotel is great for families due to being across from the park. There are places to eat within walking distance.
We love staying at this hotel when visiting Indianapolis.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations. I’m glad to hear the staff was able to meet your room type request and help you enjoy all that the city has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to fill out the online review.
Northern Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

A very nice facility. Part of a complex of a variety of Marriotts and a TGI Fridays.

Check in and check out were a breeze. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, to include the evening bartender.

Room was spacious, clean and well appointed. We would stay here again without reservation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IllinoisTraveler425
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I am a loyal Marriott business traveler. I had work in Indianapolis so I booked at this location. I knew that I was coming in late-so when I made my reservation with Marriott I noted I would be late check in. When my plane landed about 11 pm, I had a message from the hotel-asking if I was still coming-seriously? I called back and said Yes I am-they asked if I was interested in staying somewhere else-I responded no. When I got to the hotel the desk clerk was extremely pleasant and noted that the hotel was oversold-sorry but not my issue. I was given a key to my room and headed up. When I opened the door to my room, I immediately saw a used towel by the door-eeks. I also quickly saw the imprint of what had been someone lying in the bed and the TV remote was on the bed. I backed out quickly. I called the front desk-they were not aware that anyone had been in the room. What was obvious is that AFTER the room had been cleaned-someone had used a key and taken a nap-watched TV and showered. The room was not recleaned and the desk and night supervisor swore up and down they knew nothing about it and it was not authorized! That means that random hotel people make and access guest rooms without their knowledge or they were lying to me-either way it is absolutely not safe for guests! They moved me to another room-all of this going on after 1 am in the morning. Shame on you Courtyard for this obvious lack of security. I don't know if it is your policy to allow employees to nap in rooms or what-but if you really don't even know who is access your guest rooms you are compromising securing and the overall cleanliness of rooms-disgraceful! I called the hotel multiple times over 4 days and did not get a call back from a manager until 1 week later and just a message "I understand you want to speak to a manager-you can call back at...." that was it-totally unacceptable for a Marriott property. I also called Marriott HQ and filed a compliant.

Not knowing who has access to rooms or allowing the room to be used AFTER IT IS CLEANED is not acceptable, comprises safety and is disgusting. There are many options for hotels in this area-I would NOT STAY HERE. Shame on you Courtyard for this practice and not even caring enough to return my call for days.

Room Tip: Stay away if you care about your safety
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 147Adventure
Marr601, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced during your stay and the communication after the fact. The standards of service and room expectations were not met, and I have spoken with my team to make sure these issues don’t arise again. The call to confirm your reservation is to not only ensure you have a reservation, but to ensure you will not be charged for a no show if your plans have changed. Please know the safety and security of our guests is our No. 1 priority, and we work hard to make our guests feel safe. I am sorry that the room you were checked into was not cleaned to standard, and I have discussed your experience with our housekeeping staff. It can be difficult to connect with guests once they have left the hotel, but we should leave a message if we are unable to immediately reach you. We thank you for your continued loyalty with Marriott and hope you will reconsider staying at our location again.