“Good location”

Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #52 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I tayed here to attend a convention. While it was a long walk to the convention center, signage was pretty good. There is no real restaurant at the Courtyard, just a quick service counter with limited hours. Staff were friendly and helpful, the lobby was nicely decorated. It was very nice to be able to checkin and print boarding passes (though we could not get the touch screen monitor to print). Easy access to the Indiana State Museum and the pathetic NCAA Hall of Champions (don't wast your time or money there). Plan on walking several blocks to get to a descent restaurant.

The room was clean and comfortable. Walls are pretty thin, able to hear the neighbors conversations and TV.

Overall, a descent hotel, one I would return to.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The Courtyard is in a complex with the full array of Marriott properties from the JW Marriott on down to a Fairfield Inn. Rooms are compact but efficiently designed, attractive and contemporary. Location is on the west edge of downtown, not quite as conveniently located as other hotels right in downtown itself. Parking is beneath the complex, with convenient self-parking with in/out privileges, though parking is not cheap. Dining in the Courtyard is typical of other Courtyards, but there is access to other choices within the larger Marriott complex. Staff was pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank todste
CYSHSIndy, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

We are glad you enjoyed the entire Marriott complex. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Rooms are fresh and typical of the newer Courtyard hotels. Arrival at the hotel, especially if you are parking a car is a little confusing because there is a block of 4 Marriott-family hotels which share the same parking garage (and some other amenities). Location is ideal for the west side of downtown. Easy walk across a park to IUPUI, and only a couple of blocks from downtown shopping. I go to Indianapolis twice a year and always ask to stay here. Restaurant was not serving during lunch when I was there.

Room Tip: If there is a concert in White River Park, ask for a room on the other side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
CYSHSIndy, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our location made it easy for you to enjoy down town and the IUPUI campus. We can’t wait to see you on your next visit to Indy.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I got food poisoning at one of the Marriott hotels (all meals during the conference were within the very nice block of hotels) and had to extend my stay an extra day because I could not leave my room, at all. The front desk was very helpful in adding the day, offering to send up Sprite and arranging for a friend to get a key so they could bring medicine. The housekeeping and security staff, on the other hand, annoyed the heck out of me by knocking on my door at least six times, three of which, I managed to make it to the door to tell them I had already spoken to the front desk and that if they knocked again, my head could very well explode... Or my stomach would. The hotel was great but I don't see how the communication could have been so bad. And, what's the point of a Do Not Disturb sign if it is ignored? I just got this hotel on Priceline for my upcoming Christmas stay and pray that they don't disrupt my one chance to sleep in! TGI Fridays as room service was heaven sent once I was starting well enough to eat again. Parking ($23) was too high considering it is all shared by hotels from the same corporation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron C
Marr601, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

I am sorry to hear that you became ill during your visit and the housekeeping staff disrupted your recovery. We will share your feedback with the housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen in the future. There are several parking options around the hotel for those that feel the attached parking garage will not fit their needs. While you are here for your next trip, please reach out to the manager on duty for any needs you may have. We are looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel was a great location downtown. Friendly staff from start to finish. This hotel is attached to the JW Marriott and Springhill Suites. Room was recently renovated. Very roomy! Valet service was easy and quick. Starbucks located in lobby area ... Always a plus.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Marr601, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the friendly staff and new design of the Courtyard. We hope to see you on your next visit to Indy.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I travelled last weekend to Indy from Columbus to see a Colts game with a friend of mine. The staff could not have been nicer. The rooms were not huge, but have recently been remodelled and certainly served their purpose. The weather was very cold and lots of snow. One of the best things about this hotel is that there are "Skywalks" that will get you right up to the stadium without going out into the elements. We also enjoyed the fact that there is a TGIFridays in the lobby. It was a great place for a late night bite to eat or to grab a drink before calling it a night. The price is much better than the hotels right next to the stadium and really there was no reason you need to be next to the stadium. I have paid the higher price in the past to stay next to the stadium. Won't do that again. I will stay here again. One downside is the high price to park/vallet. I believe it was 27.00/night, but I did not see any other hotels that were not simuliar with this charge. Just be prepared.

Room Tip: we had room 420. Nothing special, but a good room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

We are glad you enjoyed your stay during visit to Indy for the Colts game. Walking the skywalk to get to the stadium is a great option, especially when the weather is bad. There are several parking options around the hotel for those that feel the attached parking garage or the valet will not fit their needs. Thank you for your feedback and your review. We hope to see you for the playoffs!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

What can I say, its a Courtyard . . . got stuck here as the Marriott & JW were sold out for a show I was attending. Basic rooms, SLOW elevators . . . Only plus was the staff was very nice. I'm sure there are better choices in Indianapolis!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

We are glad to hear you felt the staff was friendly. I am sorry to hear the other Hotel options were not available for you. Thank you for your feedback.