“Great for a quick turnaround trip”

Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #55 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Located downtown in the same complex as the Fairfield and it shares an underground parking lot with the Fairfield and the JW. They have room service and use TGI Friday's since it's located downstairs in the complex. The rooms are newly renovated, pretty clean and quiet. No complaints here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelbuglove83

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I had a great experience at the Courtyard! I stayed for 4 nights and a late check out. I was on the 15th floor and enjoyed 2 Indianapolis Indians games, from the comfort of my room, as well as 2 concerts! The room view was amazing! I could see Lucas Oil stadium, Victory Field, and the White River State Park concert venue. I used iHeart Radio to stream the baseball broadcast... The lobby has a market place where I bought my Cracker Jacks!

There is a bistro onsite, but the bistro is not very gluten free or dairy free friendly. This is not a bad representation of this Courtyard, but this is a Marriott issue. Fortunately, there is First Watch, a few blocks away and they have the best breakfast for Gf and DF eaters!!

The room was comfortable and the bed was great! Everything looked pretty new. The staff was attentive and friendly. Highly recommended for a hotel stay.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Ashleigh B
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great location with numerous things to do in walking distance. Lots of restaurants, museums, sports stadiums, concert venue, zoo and park. Room was to Marriott standards, very well appointed and clean. Room has thermostad control for heating and cooling. Breakfast is the Bistro variety but the service was very good and the quick start was excellent. Reasonable price for quality and serving. Expensive drinks, try TGI Friday next door for lower costs. Papers are available in the lobby and free internet.

Be aware there are four Marriott properties on the site and another one block away. So make sure you arrive at the right property!

Very friendly staff! This is one of the nicest group of people my wife and I have stayed with. Management is doing a great job.

As a Platinum Marriott member received points and a Starbucks coffee. Very nice touch!

Strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: North side has view of downtown, east side of stadium, south of baseball park and canal and west sid...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The staff is super friendly and helpful. The difference between Valet and regular parking is very little. I used Valet parking and found it to be convenient and helpful. There are many great bars and restaurants in the area. I did not particularly enjoy the breakfast, but other good options are located close. Within walking distance of IUPUI and Victory Field and Lucas Stadium.
The price is a little steep, but overall experience was worth it. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from the elevators are best
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Me and my husband brought our 11 year old son to the Indianapolis zoo and we stayed in this hotel. The room we were given at check in was noisy due to our young neighbors having a little party, normally we would not complain but it was about 2am & our bed was right under the vent so it was like we were at the party with them..lol... We went to the front desk and the employee was very understanding and changed our room right away. We were given a room on the 12th floor over looking victory field & it was AWSOME! We even got to watch planes taking off & landing so if you stay here def ask for a room on the upper floors.Also we used the valet parking & it was $27 dollars, $3 more than parking it yourself, it's a little pricey but well worth it if you plan on doing things downtown because you have to pay for parking anyway. We walked everywhere we could & used the taxi's for everything else.The Zoo is just across White River park so we were able to walk to it as well. I have to say Indianapolis is a very beautiful city and we will def be back for a visit, we may even make it our family 4th of July vacation every year..lol.. When we do come back we will def be staying at this hotel again! However I would suggest that maybe they could rearrange the rooms so that the beds are not directly under vents but other than that this hotel was a 5* in my book!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank OrangatangGirl
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Courtyard in Indianapolis and the hotel and staff where outstanding. Everytime I walked into the front door, the front desk staff was courteous and welcomed me as if it where my first day. I stayed for 4 night and the room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Nice large room with a living room area. I enjoyed my stay so much, I plan to bring the family to stay and see the sights of Indianapolis. Within walking distance of everything the downtown area has to offer. Thanks for your hospitality.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the city is never a bad choice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JeremyPasz
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nice location and view of the museums and river walk. Several concerts going on in the park when we were there so quite lively. Walking distance to restaurants. Nice size room and pleasant decoration.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family