All reviewsjw marriottconvention centertgi fridaysbaseball stadiumspring hillvictory fieldparking garagewhite river parklucas oil stadiumroom was cleanindianapolis downtownthe upper floorswithin walking distancestate parkother hotelseiteljorg museumnice hotel
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Stayed at this hotel because it was convenient to the world swimming championships.
The only good thing about my stay was the room was spacious and the bed comfortable.
The beds was made each day and a light tidy was done but it would have been good if the paper cups at the coffee machine had been renewed and not just restacked dirty.
The Bistro which does not warrant that name even Snack bar is pushing it.
The first visit to it was greeted by "you'll have to wait 15mins" not hello or can I get you a drink or have a seat. When she did appear again we asked for a glass of wine which we got in paper cups as apparently there is a problem with stolen glasses.
The Bistro doesn't open in the afternoon so if you want even a soft drink you need to get one from the cabinet at the front desk and pay for it at reception but once again no glasses you are told to get a paper cup from the water machine .
On our last night we tried again for a glass of white wine and a pizza. Great they had glasses in stock so we were handed two just out of the dishwasher so hot you couldn't hold them. The pizza was just about the doughiest lump of food I have ever seen.i can't believe a hotel with the Marriott name used a wheelie bin to clear tables how disguising is that. Wasn't sorry to leave the hotel and sorry for all the young swimmers coming in at night looking for snacks.
There was no safe in the room I would expected this in a hotel of this price.
Won't be using this chain of hotels again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Trisha K, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. I apologize for the experience you had in our Bistro and want to assure you that we have followed up on the issues you mentioned to ensure they do not happen again. I do hope you will give us another chance to show you the level of service we are typically known for providing. We do value these reviews so we can correct any issues and improve our hospitality for future guests. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We booked here through the Fina website to attend the Indianapolis World Junior Championships.
Fina events team were exceptional & all help from them was World Class. However it's a pity about the hotel as it has so much potential.
The Bistro did not open during the day and closed at 9pm, serving limited food which was unavailable most nights. The staff in the Bistro were extremely rude & I found this astonishing that all these swimmers came in at night tired & exhausted after competing to be met with unhelpful staff who felt it a greater necessity to tell customers how bad their day was.
A Bistro being unavailable during the day , defeats its name. So lunch or snack menus available.
We ordered wine one night that was served in plastic cups because "customers steal all the glasses & we only have 3 & they're in use"!!! The pizza was served in the box with no plates & finally (while eating) the staff pushed around a large filthy wheelie bin in the 'Bistro lobby area' to clear the tables!!!
Disgusting.
For a Marriott hotel this was poor show especially as it's attached to the JW Marriott next door who's staff were extremely helpful.
The only compliment was the bedroom was beautiful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Served the worst slop ever from the Bistro on 08/24 for dinner. I waited 5+ minutes for anybody to come to the counter, when the cashier finally came from the back, she said every thing on the menu takes 12+ minutes. I ordered the tuna albacore, and it was the most disgusting gruel I've been served, EVER! All mayo and just a soupy mess. I apologize to the housekeepers for having to empty the trash this morning. Hard to believe Marriott started as a food service company and served this crap. Avoid this Bistro like the plague.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
TrishaGM, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for your review and bringing your experience to our attention. I apologize for the service and quality of the meal you had in the Bistro. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests have the best experience possible, and I am sorry that we fell short on your visit. We would love to have you back and have a meal on us so we can show you the level of service we typically provide. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions or concerns.

Trisha Klingerman

Reviewed 21 August 2017

My husband visited this hotel with a friend for the Gencon convention in Indianapolis. He had reserved a double room but for the second time when dealing with a Marriott location, he ended up with a single King room instead. He was offered a swap the next day, but they had him running back and forth to his room with his things when they could not tell him when the room would be available. They did comp one night off for the mix up and the issues with the room trade.

Though this hotel is listed as being on the skywalk, it is about 2-3 blocks through other hotels to get to the convention's location, which is far more than he expected based on the description.

The room(s) were reasonably spacious with a decent shower, tables, and free wifi. The breakfast was expensive and just not good. The staff were polite and helpful, but misinformation caused his stay to be disrupted.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Have been a Marriott Reward member for over 20 years - after this stay I'm done. I was given the loudest room they have at this hotel - a room right outside an outdoor band venue. The band was so loud I could here them while I was in the bathroom with the door closed while I was taking a shower. I asked for a quiet room and checked in the day before on my mobile app. So much for being a loyal reward member. Even worse - when I asked what happened the person at the front desk couldn't have cared less. Don't stay at this hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family