“Cafe Patachou”

Ranked #2 of 2,453 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Makes you think that it might be a Student Union restaurant-but it's not. The food is fantastic, wait staff is exceptional & prices are very good with large portions, excellent quality and FINE coffee.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I had high expectations after looking at the website and menu. The food was pretty good. During my stay I had three meals here, two breakfasts and one lunch. Both breakfasts, the Cuban and the omelette of the day were delicious, just not quite hot. The tomato artichoke soup and chopped Cobb salad for lunch were really good. The almond milk latte I had was also delicious. Definitely a huge step up over the hotel breakfast options!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We ate brunch / lunch there a few days ago. I was expecting food a little better than a Panera Bread. I thought the food was ok but not great. The prices were also a bit steep. I believe we paid about $11 for an omelet and we paid about $11 for a tuna sandwich. Not outrageous - but I feel a bit overpriced for Indy. The service was good and they had some nice shaded outdoor seating.

Not sure I would visit again

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very fresh presentation...Bottomless cup of coffee...All you have to do is get off your seat and walk to the coffee bar...A wide variety of roast and blends...Worth the visit...Not for kids.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Within the restaurant, this had all the right parts for a perfect breakfast. The decor was tasteful, waitstaff attentive, ingredients seem sourced with attention to detail. For a business breakfast with someone you want to appropriately dine with, this place would be great. For my spouse and I, and more so if children were in tow, it would have been a bit 'grown up'.

That all would have been fine if my omelet would have hit my mouth as the best one ever. But it did not. I'm no chef, so I can't say what would have made it better or perfect. I will likely re-visit, but my easy choice for good, comfortable, tasty breakfast remains Cracker Barrel.

Again, special occasions, or business, this would be the better choice. But we stopped in for a casual, comfortable meal.

Aside from clicking with me, personally, there are the usual pros and cons of a downtown eatery. So, keep that in mind as well.