“Great location, fabulous property”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #8 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel based on a recommendation from a friend. We were not expecting the top-notch service and room that we received. Since we were driving from Colorado to PA, I called early in the day to confirm our reservation and to make sure that we had a quiet room. After explaining to the front desk staff about our noisy room at the previous Marriott, I was assured that we would have a quiet room.

When we checked in, we were shown to the elevators by the front desk attendant and when we got to our room, we had a corner room at the end of the hallway. The view was amazing and the room was perfect! The temperature was cool, the bed comfortable and the amenities perfect.

The only thing that we didn't really care for was the food at the sports bar. We ate there on a whim because we didn't know what was nearby and open on a Sunday night. I think that we ordered the wrong things. It's definitely a burger/wings/fries place and not a salad place.

Even though we were only there for 24 hours, this property is close to all the attractions and easily accessible from the highway!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Thank you for your recent visit. It was a pleasure having you with us. I was sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations with regards to your meal in High Velocity. Be assured that I will speak to my Director of Food and Beverage in this regard. Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Indy. Scott Blalock, General Manager

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Indianapolis

Reviewed 6 August 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night for a intown getaway. I had an amazing time. The service was amazing we had a Club level room that had amazing views of the White River park and then in the club lounge you could see all around Indianapolis. I loved it. The hotel had so much going on that night but it never felt crowded. We had a great breakfast the next morning. It is close to everything you need downtown. I would reccommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dorothy R
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and was pleased by all the hotel had to offfer. It was centrally located to convention center, Lucas Oil Stadium and many restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Just wanted you to know, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and we are looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Very clean, convienant and easy to get to. The views are great! You can ask for a room overlooking the Indy Indians at Victory Field or a room overlooking the lawn where there may be a show. The staff were very professional and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The only issue I have is having to payclose to $13.00 for Wifi. Come on....get with the times and provide it to guests for free!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

It was great to see your post. Thank you for the feedback regarding the Internet pricing. Currently we are following the Marriott standard for full-service properties. We do appreciate your feedback, and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Went on Wednesday and stayed til Sunday noon and had the time of our lives! I had no idea of how great the city of Indy was and is until this visit (though my daughter had told me it was a 'rocking site'. Summer in Indy is great fun, tho warm. Our room was a corner room on the 9th floor overlooking the City and Veterans ball field.As my wife got 'smarter' I visited the City and enjoyed especially the Indianapolis Art Museum, the Eiteljorg, and the Children's Museums(when it was hot during the day). At night we ate out at superb sites and went to the Indians (feeder for Cleveland) game. Good,clean, fun at every turn.

Room Tip: I'd request a corner room as high us as you can get, and I'd ask to face the West.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Thank you for your recent visit. Indy has a lot to offer, and I was glad to see that you were able to visit many of the museums, as well as take in a game at Victory Field. It was great having you with us, and we'll be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I just returned from a 5 night stay and enjoyed it. The place is new, but some of the small details did not receive enough attention. As a female, I firmly feel this hotel was designed for men. Perhaps the company thought more men would be coming to conferences, attending the Indy 500 car races and going to the many sports venues in town. Hummmmmm . . . the hotel had a tiny swimming pool which was shocking because the hotel has 1,005 rooms!!!! The room itself was nice, but the two features they invested in were the TV -- it is huge and the bed. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small with old-fashioned tub and the water pressure was horrible (on the 8th floor anyway). The other room features were plain and nothing special. No refrigerator in the room. Several bars right off of the hotel lobby. The lobby was small with low ceiling -- I found this odd for a new modern hotel. Not impressive - that is for sure! But, I must say, the service was good. The staff were friendly and eager to approach and offer assistance and were smiling - that was much appreciated. The location was quite good with access to the lovely canal walk and all downtown major attractions.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent visit and for your post. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations with regards to the design of the hotel. As a convention hotel, and due to size limitations we did not have the space for a large pool. I was also sorry to read that you had problems with the water pressure. This is not typical, and I will have it checked by my engineering team.
Let me also thank you for your kind comments about the staff service. It was our pleasure having you with us here at the JW Marriott, and I hope you will return if you are in the area. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Was here for a conference, and the accommodations were great. Wonderful customer service. Nice room, and amenities. Parking was a little pricey, self park was $28 a day. Everyone was very outgoing and wonderful follow-up. This place is simply top notch for Indy. Great views. Can't say enough about the customer service.

• Stayed: July 2012
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Just wanted to thank you for the great comments about the staff and accommodations. I am fortunate to have such a dedicated team, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager