“Excellent”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #7 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My wife and I live in the Indianapolis area but we chose to stay downtown the evening before the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. We chose this location because it is the newest luxury hotel downtown and it is an absolutely stunning exterior. We had an amazing time and the hotel was everything we expected and then some. Initially we had a reservation at Palomino for dinner but after arriving we learned that they have an excellent Italian restaurant on premise so we tried this instead. The room, dinner and ambiance of this hotel was first class. If you are coming to Indy and looking for first class service this is the place!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Indianapolis

Reviewed 6 November 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the downtown JW hotel to celebrate our anniversary. From the moment you walk in the door, the service is impeccable. We were immediately greeted, despite the fact that the hotel was very busy. In fact, they went out of their way during check-in and check-out to make sure we did not wait long. We made a request for wine opener and glasses - no problem! Both were delivered promptly and with a smile. We had an appetizer at the lounge and our waitress was AMAZING! This the kind of service that will lead to brand loyalty. Thank you Marriott for making our celebration special!!

Room Tip: some rooms have awesome views - ask if you prefer to overlook the canal area
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

First, from all of us at the JW Marriott, Happy Anniversary! We are honored that you would share this special time with us. It was great having you here, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2012

JW Marriott excellent hotel to spend several days great restaurants on site as well as in neighborhood New rooms well appointed..pricing is reasonable The staff was very helpful....meeting rooms were spacios and well designed

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great checkin. Perfect room. Well-appointed. Considerate nudge about the 11 AM checkout. Some excellent food prepared for a very large conference group. Interaction with management was superb. They have a five minute rule for any guest response. I believe this is one of the three best-managed US hotels I've ever encountered.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words, and we hope to welcome you back soon! Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 3 November 2012

My husband and I had a chance to stay overnight at the JW Marriott, a very popular place in our hometown. I made several attempts to request and book a king-size room. It wasn't until I checked-in that I learned that no king-size rooms were available because of groups that were booked the same night. The woman working the check-in desk was so kind. While she couldn't give me a king-size room, she did give us a nice, quiet double-queen corner room, giving us a great view of the south and west side of the city.

The hotel and room are absolutely beautiful! What a great place to relax!

A couple quirks that I didn't expect: In the bathroom, I could overhear a conversation in another room. I was surprised the voices weren't muffled - I could make-out every word. Thankfully, we couldn't hear anything in our room though. The noise was only in the bathroom.

Secondly, I hate to type this, but the beds were not the most comfortable we've had. We both commented that we expected softer linens. The bathroom towels, however, were dreamy!

Overall, I would certainly recommend the hotel (unless a quiet bathroom and soft sheets rank at the top of your must-have list).

Room Tip: Request high-level room facing east for a view of downtown. If that's not available, request a c...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I will review your comments with both my Dir. of Engineering and Dir. of Services. We'll do our best to correct our shortcomings. It was certainly our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Unexpected overnight stay in Indianapolis during FFA Convention! Yikes! The radio says 50,000 in attendance... where will we find a room? My husband tells me to try JW Marriott, probably beyond FFA price range. To our advantage, our last minute call got us a room for one night at a very attractive rate. The hotel is beautiful and modern and well located. Valet and front desk staff are all welcoming and efficient even though we arrived at 10pm. Lobby, bar, and restaurant very attractive... service and food excellent. Even if this hotel brand is typically above your comfort level, don't be afraid to check. You won't be sorry

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a higher floor. Views are outstanding from floor to ceiling windows.
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel and it was really all business. My fiance was there for the IN State Bar Association annual meeting and it is in a perfect spot, right downtown. The view of Lucas Oil Stadium is unmatched. The hotel itself is massive but the staff is everywhere and they are wonderful and attentive. The room was beautiful and everything in its place. There were only a few things I was not satisfied with and the first was the room booked was not the room I was given. It's always great to be upgraded but not downgraded. I had a king room reserved; they gave me two queens. Well, we don't have any more kings. Okay...did I mention I am a Marriott Rewards member? A well known fact that even the great valets out front seemed to know - they constantly referred to me by my name and truly went out of their way to meet our needs.

That's always discouraging in my opinion. I had booked this room well in advance so I am not exactly sure what happened. I do realize the FFA convention was also going on but technology is such that it should allow you to see what is and is not available at any given moment in a hotel especially for reservations.

Second, sadly, the queen beds were horrible to sleep on. Both me and my fiance were miserable the next day from a restless sleep on a mattress that felt more like a board. It was disappointing.

Please don't let those two things sway you from visiting Indy for business or pleasure. I know I will probably return, maybe stay in the Courtyard by Marriott right next door (and adjoining) the JW. I naturally thought this hotel would live up to higher expectations. I think on a whole it was a good choice; service was good, restaurants and ambiance was also very good. It's the little details that seasoned travelers, for business and pleasure, pick up on and seem to be really big in the scheme of things.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I do want to apologize for the confusion with the reservation, and I will speak to my room's team in this regard. We will do our best to meet all requests. I will also speak to my Director of Services regarding the mattress comfort. If there is anything we can do to enhance your visit, please let us know. We value your business and want you to be completely happy with your stay. Thanks again for staying with us at the JW Marriott, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager