“Nice hotel for a conference”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #7 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Natick, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel for a conference”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Attended the ExactTarget Connections conference here. The place was great and was the perfect setup for a conference. Also the location was walking distance from downtown restaurants and nice parks and museums. My one complaint is they charge for wi-fi in the room.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
It was great having you and Exact Target with us. I understand your comment about the wifi charge, but Marriott requires a fee at their full service properties. To give our guests an option, we do offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants. Again, it was great having you with us, and we look forward to your return. Scott Blalock, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I booked a special birthday weekend at the JW Marriott again this year because of the outstanding experience we had last year and I they managed to top that great experience during this stay. I utilized the virtual concierge option and was blown away by the quick, friendly response I received from the local hotel staff. Over the course of several communications with Kaitlin, she was able to meet and exceed every request that I put in front of her, really going the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied and that the weekend would be the special event I hoped to make it. Every member of the JW staff strives to make your stay perfect. The commitment to each guest's satisfaction is an example I wish all hotels would follow. Well done! Looking forward to next year's stay!

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting a high floor city view room, especially around the holidays when the ci...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Thank you for your return visit, and thank you for your kind comments about Kaitlin and the team. Be assured that I will share your kudos with them. We'll be looking forward to your next visit! Scott Blalock, General Manager
Illinois
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while attending a Colts game & seeing an old friend. Everything was top notch from check-in to check-out. The staff is very friendly & professional, which is always a constant at all the JWs that we have stayed in.

We had a room on the executive floor, with access to the concierge lounge, & it was very nice! There was plenty of room for the two of us in our king sized bedroom, which also had a glass enclosed shower.

We had dinner at the sports bar & the food was pretty good, which was reasonably priced.

I would highly recommend staying here if in the downtown area.

Cincy05
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel was great. It was a few blocks from the main district of restaurants and bars but not to far. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were a nice size and nicely decorated. The hotel was exactly what I expected.

NYC
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip... hands down, it was a great experience. Nothing bad to say at all, and as a matter of fact, the bed was extra, extra comfortable. The hotel has a few eating and drinking choices depending on how fancy you want to get. The sports bar is more vibrant and casual, and Osteria Pronto is a bit more of an upscale dining experience. I ate at both places and both places were great.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
It was our pleasure having you with us, and we appreciate your kind feedback. The next time you are in Indy, we'll look forward to welcoming you back! Scott Blalock, General Manager
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip, and I'm so glad the company 'forced' me to stay here. Great rooms, friendly staff and a short walk from the bar-based delights of downtown. Parking is pricey at $28 per day and the food in the sport bar, High Velocity is nothing to write home about. I'd say with the Indians next door and the Colts down the road, it'd be a bit of a pain on big match day - the lobby was a lot noisier than the less upmarket Marriott Downtown 1 block away, but on this particular weekend, I enjoyed myself.

The corporate rate also afforded me a complementary buffet breakfast in the restaurant, which didn't skimp on bacon or fruit. I only regret that I had to leave Indy so early on my final day that I didn't get one final crack at it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I understand your comment about parking. Parking in the downtown area is at a premium, and we do our best to be competitive with other full-service properties in the area. We will continue to monitor this. Again, we certainly enjoyed having you with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Dillwyn, Virginia
Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Recently I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a Special Olympics Torch Run conference. The rooms and staff were great. The bar downstairs was nice and food and drink reasonably priced. The food was outstanding. The main restaurant was priced higher than I was ready for (21.00 breakfast). I stuck with coffee.

• Stayed November 2012
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Thank you for your recent post. It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager