“Great Place To Stay!!!!”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #7 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Been to many Marriott's across the U.S and this by far is one of the nicest and larges I've been in.

The service is top notch and was greeted from the moment you walk into the door. They treated you like a valued customer, walked you to the elevator. The food is good and the prices are good also.

The rooms are new and updated and are very nice.

Recommend the upper levels as the showers are larger and have more options.

Travel around the area is good and the use of the Skywalk to get to downtown was a great option.

I'll be looking to stay there again next time I'm in Indiana.

Room Tip: Recommend higher floors for better options.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon! Scott Blalock, General Manager

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Indianapolis

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We were originaly supposed to stay in the Marriott Downtown but upon arrivle they told us they over booked and they didn't have a room for us. We were informed that they would be moving us to another hotel But the clerk made a phone and and and within a few miniets he had everything taken care of. He let us know that he was sending us the the J.W Marriot and that they were refunding our money and comping the room for us. We had a nice King bedroom with a nice view. The shower was amazing. The staff at both hotels were very nice and helpful. I was impressed with there customer service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We were planning a weekend getaway and we were pleased to find a reasonably priced room at this luxury hotel. When we pulled up, the valet was happy to point out we could park across the street at half the rate of their garage. There was an event at the convention center on Saturday, so there were lots of cars in the garage, but we found a spot near the top and easily took the sky bridge across to the hotel. The lobby was bustling on Saturday mid-day, but there were many agents working and we were checked in very quickly. The lobby is beautiful, the fitness facility is very large and also beautiful. The room was very modern and the bathroom was out of the pages of an interior design magazine. The service was wonderful. It was cold when we were there, but the view of the river was lovely and it would be great to walk around in those parks in warmer weather. Downtown shopping and restaurants were just two blocks away. Indiana State Museum was just across the street. Overall, a great getaway. We'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for your great comments. You will enjoy the White River State Park in warmer weather, and we will look forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2013

My wife and I stayed at the JW Marriott in downtown Indianapolis last weekend for a late Valentine's Day getaway. The hotel is located right in the heart of Downtown Indianapolis, which sets it as the perfect location to get just about anywhere you would like to go. We were within 10 minutes of all of the great downtown Indianapolis destinations. The hotel is very easy to locate, and parking in the garage was a breeze. The below street level parking was easy to navigate, and also very easy to reach the lobby. The lobby of the hotel is breathtaking. The architecture and finishes are gorgeous and cozy. When we arrived Friday evening, the entire lobby was a bustle of people coming and going from the restaurant and bar.

The staff at the front desk were very friendly and extremely helpful. I had requested a high floor, and they put us on the 30th floor in a corner room. The view from the room was absolutely beautiful. On one side we had the White River, on the other a great view of Indianapolis. The room itself was very clean and elegant. My wife and I are now trying to find a chair similar to the one in the room, because we loved it so much. The room was well laid out and very spacious. The linens were soft and comfortable.

I would recommend the JW Marriott Indianapolis to anyone looking to get away for a weekend. It would also be handy to those business travelers looking to be centrally located and near the convention center. I would recommend calling the helpful staff at the front desk to ask for the best rate and room location.

Long review short: You get what you pay for with hotels. The JW Marriott is a bit on the pricey side, but well worth it when you're wanting to get away. Utilize the Marriott Rewards to collect your points and you'll bank a free night's stay in no time.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a breathtaking view. Request a high floor for the best view of Indianapolis. R...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you for your great comments. It was certainly our pleasure to have you with us during your Valentine's getaway. I did check with my Dir. of Engineering and the chair in the room comes from Southfield Furniture; however, it was a custom design for our hotel. I am told that they do not sell retail, but hopefully you will be able to find something similar. Again, we enjoyed having you with us, and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I booked my Valentines getaway with my husband on Expedia. I had to choose either 1 king bed for $248 or 2 queen beds for the same price. Obvious choice was the high rise with a view king bed. After a 3 hour drive to Indy, I called to see if we could check in early. They said it would be first come first serve when the rooms were ready. So we waited, figuring that the rooms weren't cleaned yet, afterall it was only noon. Later around 3pm we arrived at the hotel. Valet parking was $35 or you could park yourself for $30 OR you could park in public parking for $15 (cash only). Got to the front desk and they said they only had 2 queens available. WHAT??? I chose a king, paid for a king, and you only have 2 queens? After some talking with the manager a king magically appeared BUT it was a handicapped accessible room only. No biggie. The view was great but the shower was horrible due to water running all over the place because there's no ledge. Probably for the folks with a wheelchair. We were fine with that but the design should have been better so the water stayed in the shower area. The room coffee was terrible so we went to breakfast the next day. $37 for two people at the recommended hotel restaurant. The meat was cold, the pineapple was good, the biscuits and gravy were mediocre. Overall, I wouldn't stay at this overpriced, disorganized hotel again. I've had better quality and service at the Holiday Inn Express. Sorry JW but you disappointed me when I've heard nothing but good things about you.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river on a top floor if you choose to stay here.
1  Thank luvvablezoe2004

Thank you for your recent post and please accept my apologies for the problems you incurred during your visit. It was a very busy time in the hotel, and I'm sorry the king requests exceeded the number of king rooms that we have. I understand that my Front Desk Manager was able to find an accessible king room and sent up an amenity as an apology to you and your husband. Again, I'm very sorry for the problems you incurred, and hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service and facility. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2013

A real great hotel. It is linked by skywalks to the show and downtown: very usefull in the winter.
The gym is the best i saw in an hotel.
Food inside the hotel is great also.
The executive lounge is nice but too crowded.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

I appreciate your feedback, and will share this with my team. It was a pleasure having you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Went to indiana for powersports convention. This was the nicest motel I have ever stayed in. the town was nice (the part we visited anyways) defiantly would stay here again! The only down was the omlet maker wasnt very friendly. Not like the rest of the staff

• Stayed: February 2013