“Perfect stay at the JW”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #8 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 February 2013

First, let me preface this by saying I have never stayed at a JW before.

My fiance and myself have been needing a quick weekend get away, where we live, we're about three hours from Indy, St. Louis, Nashville, and about one and a half from Louisville. We have been to the first three, but never to Indianapolis.

After reading reviews about Indy, what to do, where to eat, where to stay, we unanimously decided the JW was the place for us. I contacted the manager of the hotel, and asked if we could get "as close to the top as we could." He emailed me back, and asked when we were checking in. We booked just a short weekend get away, packed our bags and went.

From the moment we pulled up you knew you were staying in the lap of luxury. The building its self is absolutely phenomenal it sits great against the Indy backdrop. The valet was very nice, the majority of them complimented me on my car, asked questions, and raved about it (I am a big car person, so this was awesome).

Walking into the hotel we were greeted with a enormous lobby, and very nice ladies working the front desk. They got us checked in quickly, and informed us we were on the 33rd floor, all access to the concierge lounge, the whole package. Just like I booked. There were no mistakes, no missed reservations.

We got to our elevator, and headed up, the elevator rose at such a rapid rate, my ears popped all the way up. You had to swipe your card to get to your floor, so as to keep unwanted people from other floors. So far so good, this hotel is fantastic. As we walked into the room, we were greeted by a huge plush king size bed, a very modern designed bathroom, and the most breathtaking view of the canal, and the city.

Scott placed us in a corner room, that was basically 1/2 glass. It was absolutely phenomenal. The view, the amenities, the staff, all were flawless. The room itsself boasted a new tv, very nice furniture, comfortable seating, ample room, and floor to ceiling glass windows. We never felt cramped, or out of place.

The bed was like sleeping on a cloud, very comfortable, fluffy pillows, clean warm sheets, it was like heaven after spending a night out in downtown.

The front desk helped me make reservations at Harry & Izzys (highly recommended), guided me to the finest smoke shop in town, the best places to eat, the coolest attractions, they were literally "at my service." Always answering questions, always very nice.

We were in town the same time as the NFL Combine, and the JW, though busy, handled everything very well. Any time I called down for drinks, towels, or anything else they were very quick. I never once had to wait for my car at the valet, and they always parked me right in the front of the line. Both the restaurants, and the seating area in the lobby always seemed to be packed.

Over all, this was a fantastic experience, one we hope to enjoy again very soon. I would like to personally thank Mr. Blalock, and his staff for a unforgettable weekend trip. If you are on the line about staying at the JW, I highly recommend you do. There wasn't a single problem all weekend. I can't say enough.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colin S
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Wow! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to Indianapolis and the JW. It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Indianapolis

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was in Indianapolis for a conference at the JW Marriott, so we booked our hotel room here as well. Check-in was really fast and the lady who checked me in was very helpful and friendly... My room was great and everything I asked for when I first booked the room. I was on the 11th floor with a great view of the city and the Indianapolis Colts stadium. The hotel is very big which was a bit confusing and got lost a bit sometimes.
Indianapolis isn't that big, so we were close to the city center... definitely staying here again next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for your comments. If you ever feel lost, please ask one of our associates for help. We'll be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Concierge lounge at this property is excellent. I wont bother talking about how lovely the staff and property was, it's a JW Marriott, it's great. Now, back to the lounge. Fantastic spread, very, very good desserts and an honor bar better equipped than many hotel bars. I'll be back very, very soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Nice, new hotel, but I was surprised to find all the pillows on the bed were thick. I called down for a thinner pillow and they said they'd bring one right up. This was at 11:10pm. By 11:30, still no one, so I called again. Again, they'd be right up. At 11:50, a knock at the door and there he is handing me the same type of pillow I already have 4 of. I explain I was looking for a thinner pillow, so he leaves and is back 10 minutes later with a different pillow, which is thinner but still pretty lousy. After a bad nights sleep I call the front desk to make sure I wouldn't be charged a penalty for checking out early. After explaining my disappointment in their service from the previous night they offered me a Starbucks coupon, which they said they would, you guessed it, send right up. 40 minutes later I was all set to leave and still no one had come to my room.

Anyway, the next night at the Hyatt was much more pleasant. Better pillows and a shorter walk to the center of town.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your post, and please accept my sincere apologies for dropping the ball with regards to your request for thinner pillows. This is not typical of our team, and I can assure you that we will use your experience as a training tool for the staff. It is my hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Been to many Marriott's across the U.S and this by far is one of the nicest and larges I've been in.

The service is top notch and was greeted from the moment you walk into the door. They treated you like a valued customer, walked you to the elevator. The food is good and the prices are good also.

The rooms are new and updated and are very nice.

Recommend the upper levels as the showers are larger and have more options.

Travel around the area is good and the use of the Skywalk to get to downtown was a great option.

I'll be looking to stay there again next time I'm in Indiana.

Room Tip: Recommend higher floors for better options.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon! Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We were originaly supposed to stay in the Marriott Downtown but upon arrivle they told us they over booked and they didn't have a room for us. We were informed that they would be moving us to another hotel But the clerk made a phone and and and within a few miniets he had everything taken care of. He let us know that he was sending us the the J.W Marriot and that they were refunding our money and comping the room for us. We had a nice King bedroom with a nice view. The shower was amazing. The staff at both hotels were very nice and helpful. I was impressed with there customer service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We were planning a weekend getaway and we were pleased to find a reasonably priced room at this luxury hotel. When we pulled up, the valet was happy to point out we could park across the street at half the rate of their garage. There was an event at the convention center on Saturday, so there were lots of cars in the garage, but we found a spot near the top and easily took the sky bridge across to the hotel. The lobby was bustling on Saturday mid-day, but there were many agents working and we were checked in very quickly. The lobby is beautiful, the fitness facility is very large and also beautiful. The room was very modern and the bathroom was out of the pages of an interior design magazine. The service was wonderful. It was cold when we were there, but the view of the river was lovely and it would be great to walk around in those parks in warmer weather. Downtown shopping and restaurants were just two blocks away. Indiana State Museum was just across the street. Overall, a great getaway. We'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great comments. You will enjoy the White River State Park in warmer weather, and we will look forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager