“Conference”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #7 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was very impressed with the courteous and friendliness of all of the staff who I encountered. When I arrived, I was greeted by a man who opened the car door and took my bag with me to a gentleman inside who helped me check in, explained the room location and conference registration location. I asked for directions a couple of times and the bellman was very, very helpful and patient repeating himself and answering my questions. The wait staff at the sports bar and lobby bar were always friendly and fun. This was an awesome experience -- the best of any conference hotel I have been to -- and definitely a trip worth making if you are coming to Indy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Indy and the JW Marriott. It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Indianapolis

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is a new review of a hotel that I have stayed on one previous occasion. I recently stayed at the JW Marriott Washington DC and had a terrible night sleep due to the addition of thermostats with motion sensors. Upon arrival at this property I immediately noticed that it also now has motion controlled thermostats that turn the air conditioning off when you are not in the room. More importantly, when you go to sleep at night the thermostat does not see you moving and turns the a/c off so the room gets hotter and hotter as the night goes on. The hotel obviously knows this is a problem because they have mounted the new thermostat about chest height on the wall next to the bed---presumably to ensure the sensor pics you up if you move at night. That doesn't work, however, and when the room gets hot and you wake up you have to wave your arm around to get the air to turn back on. I asked the front desk for help and they supposedly dispatched engineering to disable the motion sensor but that either did not happen or did not work.

This is a major fault with this hotel that can't be overlooked. The staff says they are trying to save the environment by regulating air conditioning. Bull---they are trying to save money and sacrificing guest comfort in the process.

The JW Marriott should be a 5 star property. With the new thermostats you are more likely to get a good night sleep at the Holiday Inn. Avoid this hotel until Marriott fixes this problem.

Room Tip: Insist on a room without a motion controlled thermostat.
2  Thank Seattle0007

Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry for the problem you incurred. I did double check with my Director of Engineering and we do have motion sensors in the rooms, but our units should be programmed to stay on until the guest leaves the room. After 72 hours it will set back, but it does not shut off. If you ever have a problem in the future, please let us know and we'll send an engineer to the room. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Everything was perfect. .. quiet and clean rooms, quick elevators, good bar and food, helpful and cheery staff. One teeny nit was the small snack room by the front desk was unusual for such a large hotel. ..seemed a bit awkward to get a soda.

• Stayed: August 2013
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to be of service to you soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Spent a weekend here for a conference. Big hotel but the staff and service are very attentive. The fitness center has the latest equipment plenty of room. The restaurants and bar are top notch with great service. Room service is fast and the food is good. Overall, the are plenty of staff more than willing to assist throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for your post and I'm glad to see the staff took great care of you. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. On a Friday night rooms are cheaper! Super clean. Great staff. Fancy place. And food at the Italian place is awesome. Will stay many more times!! This was our fourth time and it keeps getting better

• Stayed: April 2013
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thanks for your continued patronage and for your post. We always enjoy having you with us. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I would totally recommend this hotel to others. It was clean, well decorated, and the service was wonderful. We were there at a conference for 5 days and we never got a negative attitude from anyone that worked there. They have car rental and restaurants on property and has a cross walk to the mall. The only draw back for me is that the rooms do not have fridges or microwaves. I did see a community microwave on the 2 floor where the ice is.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the 19th floor. They had two big windows with a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your post, and I'm glad to see that the staff took great care of you. I appreciate your comments regarding having refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms. Currently this is not a standard for the JW brand. We do try to keep some on hand and they are delivered on a first come, first serve basis.
Again, thank you for your patronage, and we hope to welcome you back to the JW Marriott. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a very nice hotel with very comfortable beds. That being said I would expect nothing less for the price we paid. The problem was we got a lot less...... with all the amenities listed I really thought a refrigerator and microwave would have been included. Not the case! I couldn't believe it. I don't know if I've ever stayed at a hotel that didn't have a refrigerator & microwave. I like to keep my soda cold and always have micro popcorn in the evening. This is what I would consider a luxury hotel, when I found out there was no micro etc. I asked for one and they said there was none available! REALLY!!! Also, to pay for parking by the day was ridiculous. We stayed for 3 days which was $90 just for parking our car in the lot. We never even left the lot. That is why I would never again stay at a JW Marriott!!!

Room Tip: Evidently all rooms do not have a refrigerator and microwave so if you want one, ask before you get...
Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback and understand your comments. Currently in the JW brand, they do not have refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms. We do have several on hand and deliver them on a first come, first serve basis.
I also appreciate your comments about the parking. We are comparable to the full-service properties in downtown Indy, but I do realize it is expensive.
Thank you again for your feedback and hopefully one day you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Scott Blalock, General Manager