“Excellent Staff and Fantastic Rooms!”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #5 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the Christmas holiday and we had a wonderful time! I cannot say enough about the staff. They were so kind and friendly, they took care of all our needs and at times went above and beyond what I would expect from hotel staff. We stayed in a king bed room on the concierge floor, (24th), and our room was very large and had a beautiful bathroom which had a very modern shower. The room was perfect, great views of the river. Every morning they have a buffet breakfast, which was great and the staff was once again, excellent. We also ate in the Velocity restaurant a few times while we were there and really enjoyed it. Velocity is a real sports fan's place, we had a tv at our table with some game playing every time we ate there! The location of the hotel is a few blocks away from the circle and most of the city's restaurants. But it is very close to the NCAA, Lucas Oil, and the Riverwalk. We highly recommend this hotel, staff is just fantastic!

Room Tip: Staying on the concierge level is a great perk!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaiaLaw
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us here at the JW Marriott. We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,386)

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Good but not great? Let me tell you why….First of all indy needed this hotel as you pull up you see this big blue grand looking hotel in a perfect location….Indoor parking good, check….Lobby good/grand/nice check….staff nice/helpful/extra helpful…check…snack room and lounge room very good...Room.. great view, but overall nice but not for the price….hotel was loaded for the colts game so they messed up our room and gave us a discount but price was still high for indiana!….if you ever stayed in a westin, the room was about the same. We are star wood members so we were giving JW a try. I was not wowed by the room at all. I was wowed by everything but the room, so thats why not the five star rating….we will stay in another JW but only when a deal is available if there ever is one. Didn't get to see pool, workout room etc...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Playerham42
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your comments and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your visit. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations with regards to the actual room. We do have a great fitness room if you ever return.
With regards to price, we often run specials throughout the year. They can be found on our website. I do hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our facility. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Went on a recent business convention, spending several nights. From check-in to out, this experience was truly suberb. The staff was very friendly with a very high sense of urgency. A 4 hour power outage due to a severe winter storm with sub zero temps was handled suberbly by the hotel, and every request was met with enthusiasm. Facilities were outstanding. Manager saw me circling the closed starbucks when power out and got me a nice coffee. Every point of contact was positive including concierge help pre-visit. Pronto staff friendly and caring. This hotel takes customer service seriously. Best Marriott experience bar none. Clone it please Marriott!!

Room Tip: conciefge facing city very nice view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Salvincent

Thank you for your great feedback. I appreciate your understanding regarding the power outage, and I'm glad to see that the staff handled everything so professionally. Be assured that I will share your comments with my team, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Just completed a stay the the J W Marriott and the hotel was great. Staff was more than helpful and so were the ladies at the High Velocity Lounge. Katy and Brooke were working the bar with ease and treated us great with all of our needs. The conversation from these ladies is what a lounge needs and they knew how to handle themselves. I would stay at the hotel again just to have a drink with these ladies working.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lucky0072014
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for your great feedback. I appreciate your kind comments about Katy and Brooke. They are assets to our team, and I will share your kudos with them. Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and we'll be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed one night as a fun, family outing the day after Christmas. The hotel was very empty and we loved it! The staff was incredibly helpful and nice, and made it a really great experience for all of us. We had two rooms on the 27th floor, one on each side of the building, and both views were outstanding. We watched the sunset over the White River State Park from one room, and woke up to a beautiful sunrise over the city that we could view from our cozy bed. The floor to ceiling windows are definitely a highlight for us. We had one room with a king and one with two queens, both were spacious and very clean. My son swam in the indoor pool and we enjoyed the extra large hot tub. My daughters and I wanted to shop, so we walked to the mall by way of the skywalk. It was easy and fun, and allowed us to walk indoors the entire way on what was a very cold day. We all enjoyed dinner and drinks in the High Velocity sports bar where the staff took very good care of us and the food was delicious. The fitness room is top notch, with cardio machines overlooking the museums across the street. There is plenty of room for any type of workout. We spent time in the executive lounge in the lobby, late into the evening, just hanging out and playing cards. It was relaxed and comfortable, just what we needed after the holiday hustle and bustle. In the morning we ate at the breakfast buffet and it was one of the best we have ever had. I would definitely go to brunch there again. Delicious! We are thinking of making this an annual trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the top. The views are beautiful on both sides!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank nchiquet
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your great comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I do hope we become part of your family tradition. Again, we appreciate your visit and we'll look forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Get in the lounge. Plain and simple. The staff in the lounge are very professional and want to be there. They are very welcoming. The breakfast in the morning is fantastic and the food at night is almost dinner worthy. There are non-alcoholic drinks for free, but alcoholic drinks cost. Primarily granola bars, fruit, and cookies are available during the day. The food for 'dinner' is different every day. Look at the times that they are open in my picture that is attached. After the 'dinner,' there is dessert, which is pretty good as well. Some lounges strongly discourage people from taking food out of the lounge, such as a bottle of water. This lounge is laid back, which is nice if you just want a bottle of water for later.

I noticed that there were no pictures of the hot tub or pool on the hotel's website, so see my pics. The hot tub / pool were very nice. They were next to the gym, which is also very nice. If you forget your ear buds, they have a few spare.

The entire staff were very friendly and professional. I was surprisingly impressed. The rooms were larger than normal and clean. This hotel is very close to the Colts football stadium and is connected to a full enclosed passage way system to get you to the mall and convention center without going outside. I assume this was designed for when it is cold in Indy. Very convenient. They hotel was built for the Superbowl a few years ago. There are other hotels to stay at in Indy, but I would only return to this hotel. I think 1004 rooms in the hotel. When we checked in, 900 people just checked out. Wow!

Parking is $30 a night. Accept it and move on. People complain about the internet. This is not specific to this hotel. It is an industry issue. If you want to use it, understand that it costs, pay it and move on. Well done JW Marriott Indy!

Room Tip: Get a room looking at the city (an odd numbered room)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jgallag

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Wonderful staff in a new upscale hotel Great location downtown. Across from convention center, close to Lucas Oil Stadium, across from Victory Field (AAA Baseball), NCAA Headquarters, walking distance to Zoo, State Capitol and offices. Connected by walkways to other hotels, convention center, and Circle Center Mall.

Room Tip: Rooms either face the Downtown or the White River park with the NCAA Headquarters, Zoo, and Indiana...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager