“Weekend getaway”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #5 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My wife and I have stayed here several times over the past two years. We have always enjoyed our stay. The staff does a fantastic job of taking care of us. The JW has become our go to hotel when we want to get away.

Room Tip: We always request a corner room. Views are fantastic!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

We appreciate your continued patronage, and look forward to being your "home away from home" in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2014

First the positives:
Our room was clean and very comfortable. The food and beer in all the restaurants were excellent
Now for the negatives:
First no one came to help us get our bags from the car. (I was on crutches with a broken leg). A bellman came to offer to take it to our room once we had the trolley inside. My husband remarked, "no, I got in here from outside, i can take it the rest the way up". No one apologized
Second there was melted snow in the doorway on arrival and my crutches slipped when I came into the front door. I did not hurt anything seriously but it was physically painful that night and scary at the time since I was to be non weight bearing and I landed on my bad leg.
Third, the valet service was horrible and this is not the first time. A year ago I took customers there and I waited over 30 minutes that time for my car thus getting my colleague back to his meeting late. This time we asked for the car at 7:40 AM. We were told it would take 10-15 minutes to get our car. I stayed in the lobby and waited for the car while my husband went up to get the remaining two suitcases. AT 7:55 my husband asked one of the valets where our car was and he said it should be here in 10 minutes. When it was not there by 8:05 my husband asked the same guy again where our car was as we had been waiting almost 30 minutes. The valet beligerantly said "you have not been waiting 30 minutes". Walking on snow with crutches, I went in to the key room at that time and asked the lady and she verified the time that we had requested the car, found the keys and we had our car at 8:10 exactly 30 minutes after the initial request. As my car pulled up, the same rude valet almost gave my car to another customer. I had to point out that the car had my disability hang- tag as well as our key chain (and the number matched our ticket rather than the other guys). This valet does not represent the Marriott well. I think things need to improve at this JW. I have stayed at other luxury hotels around the world such as the Intercontinental and Ritz and this JW in no way compares. If it is representative of other JW then I will NEVER stay at one again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for completing a guest survey and for your recent post. I am terribly sorry for the problems you experienced with our valet team, and I can assure you that we will take steps to see that this situation does not recur. I appreciate your feedback and hopefully one day you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I lived in Indy for several years and go back 4-5 times a year for meetings and conferences. Typically, 2-3 of these are held at the JW. There really is nothing that can compare to the service they offer guests. Just fantastic. That said...my thinking is that in the rush to get this thing done they didn't put in the highest quality shower heads or mattresses. It's not worth stomping out to the Fairfield but it is noticeable and it's been something I've experienced in every room I've ever used. Keep up the great work staff!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We did follow Marriott standards when it came to the mattresses and shower heads. I'm sorry you've experience a problem. Be assured that I will follow up with my Director of Engineering in this regard. Again, it was our pleasure having you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My first stay at Indy's JW, as winter weather convinced me to spend the night downtown near work. Conveniently located near the ball park, zoo, White River Park, Eiteljorg, statehouse, Monument Circle, downtown mall, theaters, top restaurants ... what else could a gal want?

A reliable shuttle, that's what. A free Marriott shuttle takes travelers between the JW and my job. Although I called the JW twice and was assured both times that the shuttle would pick me up. In fact, the second time I called was a few minutes before the appointed pick-up time. After being put on hold for five minutes, the JW staff informed me that it was now one minute past the pick-up time, so I must have missed the shuttle. Yet I was in full view of the pick-up location the entire time. Hmm. Twenty minutes later, I shared a cab.

On the positive side, check-in was simple, and a friendly hostess walked me to the correct elevator to ensure I understood which bank to use. The hot tub and exercise room were quite good, and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your post and please accept my apologies for the problems you had with the shuttle service. I have spoken to the shuttle owner in this regard and we'll do our best to see that this issue does not recur. We hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The JW Marriott, in downtown Indianapolis, is simply amazing. We staying in a 10th story room - on the southeast corner - overlooking Victory Field. The room was immaculate, cozy and the view was breathtaking!
Everyone in the JW Marriott was accommodating and very friendly. Superb dining and a great pool and exercise facility make this hotel top notch! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Corner suites - no matter south or north side - have views that are wonderful!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

We certainly enjoyed having you with us and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

The JW Marriott is a great hotel when staying in Indianapolis. There are multiple reasons including the wonderful helpful staff, great facilities (lobby, rooms, fitness areas); restaurants and lobby bar. Conveniently located. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bobcat211

We enjoyed having you with us and we'll be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at this beautiful hotel, and the conference in the hotel I attended. Service was outstanding, everywhere I turned there was someone to respond to any need. Food all over the hotel was excellent. The skywalk to the center of town added convenience during the icy days, and I could get to theatres, other restaurants, malls and museums without needing a heavy coat or boots. My room was gorgeous, with all the amenities I enjoy, and I used the pool, fitness center and hot tub like a private club. I highly suggest asking for a corner room for some spectacular floor to ceiling views that stretch around two sides of the building. Roberto the concierge was very helpful getting some tricky reservations on a busy weekend, and made it seem effortless. I will look forward to the same conference at this location next year.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on high floors have breathtaking views
1  Thank sola123
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

We certainly enjoyed having you with us and thank you for your kind comments about Roberto. He is an asset to our team, and I will share your kudos with him. We'll be looking forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager