“Very Nice But....”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Largo, FL
“Very Nice But....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very nice room, good location downtown and great people. Fast check in, friendly concierge, good food and drink on site. Utilized the walkway to the convention center. Not much to complain about but $15 per day for internet access? Cmon, with a room rate of over $300 per night? Even the cheap hotels on the interstate have free internet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your visit to the JW Marriott.
I do understand your comments about the Internet fee and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do have a fee at all their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants.
Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Phil Ray, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Korean first
Morehead, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I'm usually a huge fan of the JW, but the room was not as clean as I would expect. The edges of the carpet had not been vacuumed and not had the upholstered armchair, which was too dusty to hang my tux pants on. The dust roiled from it when I hit it with my hand. I really expect more from Marriott. Everything else was the usual excellence.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your feedback, and please accept my apologies. This is not typical of our housekeeping team, and we will take steps to correct our mistakes. I do hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service. Phil Ray, General Manager
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Overall not a bad location. Did not get out to enjoy the city, it rained the entire time. Driving out noticed a lot a restaurants and locations just a short walk. if you like baseball, nice field a cross the street, minor league i believe. Lucas Oil stadium short walking distance.

Service good and the restaurant selection decent and moderately priced

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
I appreciate your post. Hopefully you will return and be able to enjoy the museums, White River State Park, the restaurants etc. that Indy has to offer. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Monroe, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed here for a company rewards function. Service was exceptional and the hotel is in the heart of everything. It was opening night for the Indianapolis Indians. You could watch the game from the end of the hallway. We did watch the fireworks there after the game. Rooms were beautiful and clean with an awesome shower! Indy is lovely and this is the place to stay if you are going there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your post and I'm very happy to see you enjoyed your visit to the JW Marriott. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Auburn, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was here for a luncheon for the Lugar series. The dining hall was awesome. With 600 people in attendance we had plenty of room at each table. The chicken dinner was very tasty with more than enough to fill you up. The servers worked their rear ends off. This was my first visit to this hotel and it will not be my last. Great job to all of the JW staff members. You put on a great event.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
I certainly appreciate your kind comments about the Lugar Series luncheon, and will share this information with my team. We will be looking forward to your next visit. Phil Ray, General Manager
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had a stay here over the past two nights, the service was great other than Saturday night there was a bachelorette party in the lobby lounge with several over served guests. One of them vomited all over the lobby floor. Not Marriotts fault unless they over serviced her.

My biggest complaint was the on and off cooling and heating system all night long. I tried to shut it off and could not, it comes on for 1 minute, then off, then on and off. I am all for green energy but not if it keeps me up all night with noise. I spoke to several others on my way out and they all had the same experience. Figure it out.... Too much money to lose sleep over a comfortable room!

1 Thank Buffnbroncofan
Thank you for your recent visit. I am sorry you experienced a problem with the heating and cooling unit. In the future, please let us know of the issue, and we'll have an engineer sent to your room to address the system problem. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Phil Ray, General Manager
West Lafayette, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here during a recent conference and had high hopes given that this is Marriott's luxury brand. However, this was just a standard, but very expensive, hotel. The conference facilities are very nice, but the room was no better than Marriott's less expensive brands. In fact, we had a view of a wall, and nothing about the space was really special. I'm not sure why this is considered a luxury brand except for the cost, and everything from parking to internet access cost extra. I've stayed at many different hotels around the world (at different price points), and this stay was average.

The location was great and central to museums and restaurants. However, I don't know that I would stay here again or recommend it to anyone. There are other, preferable options in downtown Indy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank conalvo
Thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. We were built as a convention hotel with the JW standards, but not a resort style property.
With regards to the Internet, I understand your comments and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do have a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and and restaurants.
Again, I appreciate your feedback and hopefully one day you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service. Phil Ray, General Manager