“I owe this hotel an apology for a previous bad review - it is superb”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #4 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I wrote a review of this hotel some months back where I complained about everything - especially the room temperature control. The manager personally called me and also responded on Trip Advisor. He said that engineering would have happily come to my room to address the heating/cooling issues I had on my first stay. I ended up back at this hotel for another meeting in March and - guess what? I did call engineering and, sure enough, they did come and they helped me to regulate the temperature to my liking.

The property is absolutely beautiful - I said that in my first review, but I was so overwrought from the lack of sleep due to an oppressively hot room (my first stay). This time, with a nice sleep without heat killing me, I was able to enjoy the beautiful furnishings and this gorgeous property. Thanks to the general manager's persistence and the great customer service, they have won back my loyalty to the Marriott chain. It is a FABULOUS property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for giving us a chance to regain your confidence. I'm glad to see you were able to enjoy your stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Unfortunately the breakfast is not included and it cost me additional $17 for average breakfast in th ehotel.
A hair dryer is not included in the room service. No swimming pool.
Perfect location.
The hotel well overpriced.

Room Tip: Room with downtown view. Higher the floor better the view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you were not aware that the breakfast buffet was not included in the room rate. With a property of our size, it would be very difficult to provide breakfast for everyone out of our one restaurant.
I was also sorry to read that you did not see the hair dryer in the room. It is normally in a bag and on the shelf under the sink. If there is ever a unit missing, please let us know and we'll be happy to bring one to your room.
Regarding the pool, we do have a whirlpool and small pool on the second floor next to the fitness center.
Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Awesome property. This is the place to stay in Indy! The staff was excellent and the property was appointed in a manner that makes you feel welcome and comfortable. True, internet should be free, but Marriott has to decide that...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your great feedback. I appreciate your comments about the staff and will share this information with them. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This place is beautiful. HOWEVER, I was in the area for a competition. I am 23 years old and It's not hard to please me. When you're paying $300/night you would think they would have a little microwave or fridge of some sort. What really pissed me off was that they charged my card an extra $114!! I am still trying to get that money back. Accounting "helped" and said they would be putting it back into my account in a couple days. Well the next say I sat them add on another $16. I don't care how nice a place is. If you're taking money out of an account for no reason, I will not be staying again or giving a good review.

Room Tip: No fans in bathroom...a little weird.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for your post and please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you incurred during your visit. With regards to the microwave and refrigerator, this is not currently a standard for the JW brand; however, we do have an inventory of units on hand and will deliver upon request.
I'm not sure about the extra charge on your account and will be happy to investigate this for you. At your convenience, please give me a call at 317-860-4911 so I can get some additional information to clear up this issue.
Again, I apologize that you did not have an excellent experience with us, and I hope that one day you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our service. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very nice room, good location downtown and great people. Fast check in, friendly concierge, good food and drink on site. Utilized the walkway to the convention center. Not much to complain about but $15 per day for internet access? Cmon, with a room rate of over $300 per night? Even the cheap hotels on the interstate have free internet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your visit to the JW Marriott.
I do understand your comments about the Internet fee and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do have a fee at all their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I'm usually a huge fan of the JW, but the room was not as clean as I would expect. The edges of the carpet had not been vacuumed and not had the upholstered armchair, which was too dusty to hang my tux pants on. The dust roiled from it when I hit it with my hand. I really expect more from Marriott. Everything else was the usual excellence.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your feedback, and please accept my apologies. This is not typical of our housekeeping team, and we will take steps to correct our mistakes. I do hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Overall not a bad location. Did not get out to enjoy the city, it rained the entire time. Driving out noticed a lot a restaurants and locations just a short walk. if you like baseball, nice field a cross the street, minor league i believe. Lucas Oil stadium short walking distance.

Service good and the restaurant selection decent and moderately priced

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

I appreciate your post. Hopefully you will return and be able to enjoy the museums, White River State Park, the restaurants etc. that Indy has to offer. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager