“Nice stay; centrally located”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #7 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Nice stay; centrally located”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Me and some friends stayed in this hotel as we explored the city for a weekend. It was in an excellent location as it's close to pretty much everything. Also, our room on the 19th floor provided us with an absolutely incredible view of the city.The Italian restaurant on the first floor was also great. The only disappointment was that they charge $15/day for WIFI.

Room Tip: When booking your room, the higher the better. The view is awesome.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your great feedback. I understand your comment about the wifi and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their pricing guidelines so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do have a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants.
Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Phil Ray, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Attended a conference at this hotel with my husband....very nice room in excellent downtown location - very friendly, helpful staff...would definitely recommend this hotel. Ate twice in High Velocity Restaurant - service was outstanding and very good food - Italian Restaurant was excellent also...

Room Tip: Would suggest high floor because of street noise & ballpark across the street.
Green Features: Very good - recycle baskets in rooms and locations throughout the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
We certainly appreciate your great comments and hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I attended a conference based in this hotel and it was excellent. My room was on the 31st floor with a great view. The service was excellent for all staff from Concierge right through to the housekeeping staff. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room up high - the view is amazing!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your great feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Albany, NY
Reviewed 12 June 2014

First I have to say that this was my first trip to Indianapolis and I was thoroughly impressed with the downtown area. II was there for a convention and from the JW Marriott to the wonderful selection of restaurants and the spit-and-polished downtown I was very impressed. I also heard from others who brought family that the museums, tours of the racetrack and other diversions made their stays worthwhile and enjoyable.

On to the JW Marriott - This was the third conference and third JW that I have stayed in over the past four weeks and from a facilities perspective the best. That’s not to say the staff wasn’t outstanding – they were. But that comes with the JW Marriott whether it’s Boston, Orlando, Hong Kong or elsewhere.

I would rank the Concierge Suite as being well above average by US domestic standards. The staff there was exceptionally friendly, attentive and just fun to talk with. They really were very personable.

My room overlooked downtown and was crisp, clean and very well appointed. The room was superbly quiet and I heard nothing from the hallway or adjacent rooms. One night there were the howls of sirens but that will happen anywhere. Thank heavens for EMS crews any way!

I didn’t eat in the hotel but had a drink downstairs and the common facilities are just fine.

A feature that’s great is that the JW is connected to the convention center – in fact last night it poured with thunder and lightning and I was able to walk all the way up to Harry and Izzy’s all the way up on S Illinois without ever having to go outside except to cross Illinois St! More on Harry & Izzy’s later.

I highly recommend the JW Marriott.

Room Tip: Facing downtown is great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed Indianapolis, as well as the JW Marriott. Please be assured that I will share your positive feedback with my team.
We hope to welcome you back in the future. Phil Ray, General Manager
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 9 June 2014

All in all this was a nice place to stay. I made the mistake of leaving a very expensive pair of sunglasses at the hotel. We called almost immediately after we checked out - but of course no one had turned them in. No one seemed overly concerned with trying to help find them. Too bad someone in the cleaning crew wasn't honest.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I appreciate your feedback, and I'm sorry for the problem you experienced. I understand that my Resident Manager has reached out to you to get additional information. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence. Phil Ray, General Manager
Burlington, Indiana
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Honestly, the worst thing I have to say about this place is that the complimentary shampoo and soap stink!
It was clean, staff is friendly and eager to help, and it is just an absolutely beautiful building with great views! I would suggest asking for a park view. The city view is not nearly as nice, in my opinion.
Also, we had High Velocity for lunch the day we left. Two thumbs down for that place. The food was bland and prepackaged. We had friends go to the other restaurant in the hotel for brunch and they raved about it! Wish we had spent a little more to get much better food!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nicole4790
Thank you for your feedback, and I do want to apologize for the problem you experienced in High Velocity. Please be assured that I will share your comments with the team and we will take the necessary steps to correct any issues.
Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I went to Indy for an overnight trip with friends last weekend. We've stayed at both the Hyatt and the Downtown Marriott before, and liked them both. We decided to purchase a promotional package and try the JW this time.

The lobby is designed with several seating areas, and while visually appealing, it can create a somewhat loud and busy setting to walk through with luggage. That being said, the hotel is only a few years old and it is lovely. Check in was easy. The room was more spacious than the Downtown Marriott (located next door) and the bathroom was much nicer. We had a fantastic view of the city. As platinum members, we already have access to club level, but it was also provided as part of our package. The club room had drinks for purchase and light appetizers. It was PACKED with people. We couldn't find a place for four of us to sit. It wasn't an enjoyable place to relax at all, so we just moved on and walked to the place we had dinner reservations for the evening.

The next morning, we went back to the club floor for a light breakfast before heading out of town. Again, it was incredibly busy with lines for both food and for coffee. I guess quite a few guests must have had the same package, because it seemed unusually busy compared to other Marriotts we have visited.

All in all, I preferred this hotel to our other Indy experiences because of the room. Quite large, very clean and quiet. I think we'll pay a bit more and stay here before the Mini Marathon next May. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great feedback, and I will share this information with my team.
We will continue to try to manage the number of guests who are allowed access to the executive lounge so it is not too busy.
We hope to welcome you back next May...if not before. Phil Ray, General Manager