“Super hotel, super stay”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #4 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I recently spent 5 nights at this hotel in Indy and it was a very favorable surprise. The hotel is in a great location with a short walk from the core of downtown and close to park, zoo and athletic facilities. Enclosed skywalks take you directly to the convention center. The hotel is new but very well maintained with beautiful, large rooms and great views. Service from housekeeping to the lobby bar was very good. This is one the first hotels in recent memory where everything actually worked well from the bathroom plumbing to the air conditioning. The rooms including the bathroom are large, clean and modern. Perhaps the only missing item was a minifridge but I survived just fine. I had access to the concierge lounge for breakfast which was wonderful but tended to be crowded at most hours. Great scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, pastries, juices. On the second floor is a Starbucks and the really nice fitness center. Again, all the fitness equipment was working and again the facility was exceptionally clean and available 24/7. I was a bit apprehensive about 5 nights in Indianapolis but with great restaurants within walking distance and an overall great hotel, I enjoyed the whole stay.

Room Tip: Great views in all directions. I had a 30th floor city view with a great view of the Indiana State...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and I'm so happy to see you enjoyed your visit to Indianapolis and the JW Marriott.
Regarding your comment about the mini fridge, this is not currently a JW standard; however, we do have several units on hand and would be happy to bring one to your room upon request.
Again, it was great having you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2014

one of the newer properties in town. great location in downtown. staff is well trained and very friendly and helpful. had a room on a high floor and the views are the best in town. everything you need is here. good restaurants, bar, very large exercise room. rooms are large, clean and make for a great work space. highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your great feedback, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We recently stayed one night at the JW Marriott and loved it. It's in a great location and walking to distance to many attractions, shopping and dining in the downtown area.
We had a high floor room with views of Lucas Oil Stadium and the city skyline. Our room was spacious, quiet and clean with very comfortable beds, in room safe, bottled water and a nice bathroom. My only complaint is that you have to pay for wi-fi in the room. We opted not to pay but instead went down to the lobby to access it where it is free. There's also a Starbucks in the hotel which was convenient to grab a quick coffee before heading out on our long trip back home.
Front desk staff and valet guys were all friendly and helpful with directions around the city. We've stayed in many JW Marriotts and this one like the others, did not disappoint us. Highly recommend staying here if your in Indianapolis...good location and luxury accommodation.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you so much for your great feedback. I will share this information with my team.
I understand your comments about the wifi and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their pricing guidelines so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they require a fee at their full-service properties. As you know, we give our guests an option by offering complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants.
Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Room 1709. Perfect view of the city, sunrise, thunderstorms... Far from elevator.

BIG PLUS: the Air Conditioning units are QUIET!!!!!!!!!!! My two colleagues (in two other rooms) made the same comment! This is the first time I slept without ear plugs in a hotel, and that was amazing.

Funny things though: (1) ice machines all on 2nd floor. BUT you can call and they deliver free of charge. (2) no fridge in the room. BUT you can call and they deliver one free of charge.(3) no microwave. BUT.. you can... (got it?). (4) no printer anywhere. BUT you can upload your documents to printme.com, and that gives you a number. Either pick it up at the front desk, or call and give the number, and they deliver to your room free of charge. (5) the safe is in the drawers. Hadn't it been for me browsing the pics of the reviewers in trip advisor, I'd have never found it since I don't open drawers unless I need them.

Gym is definitely nice. There are spa rooms too, though I didn't have time to figure out how those worked. Didn't see things in my room that showed me there was a spa.

Pool is small, too small for wanting to swim a couple laps. It's on the 2nd floor, and no practical/private. I wanted to go, but with the conference bringing so many people, it was odd going in the elevator with my bathrobe, or even changing down there. Everyone's peaking through the window to see anyways!

I like the access by the walkways to all the other buildings. :)

I know it's their job, but saying "my pleasure" after every sentence is a little over the top for me. Was it really a "pleasure" to bring the printed document to my door? (sore ankle) A simple "you're welcome" would be more appropriate. I so appreciated ALL the employees's help, don't get me wrong, but too much makes it fake.

I didn't see a sign anywhere about putting the towels up and not having them change them.... but my colleague told me they practiced it. I can't say I did 'test' it, since I put up the 'privacy' sign up for the full 3 days I was there. I had 4 towels to start with, and all my equipment (shampoo, etc...) so I didn't want them to waste their time either. I did my bed. I really like the fact they didn't come in to do it anyways. :)

I'd stay again, just for the view and the QUIET A.C. units. (though I will try the train hotel next time!)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad to see that overall you enjoyed your visit to the JW. It is our hope you will continue to use our facility whenever you are in town. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This is an exceptional hotel. Staff were awesome and attentive to my every need. Great restaurants within the hotel and beautiful rooms. I had a great view of the downtown area. This is the only hotel I'll ever stay in when I travel back to Indy.

• Stayed: February 2014

We are so happy you enjoyed your visit, and we'll be looking forward to your return. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I was in Indy for a conference and really enjoyed staying at the JW. My room faced the West and White River State Park. The floor-to-ceiling windows made for great sunset and thunderstorm viewing. Everything was very peaceful and comfortable.

From here, you can easily walk to museums and the zoo, and the conference center is just across the street, connected by a sky bridge.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit to the JW Marriott. I will share your comments with my team to provide them feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The JW Marriott stands out like a landmark in the Indianapolis skyline. The hotel is gorgeous both inside and out. I was traveling here for a conference and was very impressed. The rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. The gym is huge and is really fabulous. They have just about any type of equipment you would want. The location is very convenient. Everyone was very helpful. It is worth the higher cost. I loved staying at this hotel and will try to stay here for future trips to Indianapolis. Loved it very much!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for this great review. It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we will be looking forward to your next visit. Phil Ray, General Manager