JW Marriott Indianapolis
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$163
US$192
US$215
US$144
2,831 results
All reviewshigh velocityconvention centerfloor to ceiling windowsthe executive loungevictory fieldcorner roomwhite riverlucas oil stadiumhigh floorbeautiful hotellobby barcity viewself parkingper daydowntown areaconferenceosteria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed recently with my sister to attend Down's syndrome convention. Beautiful hotel. Rooms were very nice and extremely clean. View of the city was fantastic. Although pricey, as expected at a downtown hotel, the meals we had at the Hotels on sight restaurants were excellent. This hotel was an easy walk to state park, zoo, museums, many restaurants and shopping. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy N
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your comments, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit. It was our pleasure to host the Down Syndrome conference, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Beautiful hotel, but very busy hotel. Hotel staff seemed overwhelmed at times and not as friendly as last time I visited - especially staff in the evenings and at night. I was given a beautiful room on the river side on a high floor which was appreciated. First two nights were great, but on the third morning I had no hot water in my room. I made the hotel aware of the situation and since I was gone during the day they stated they would send someone up to check out the problem. When I returned to my room 12 hours later no one had been to fix the problem and when I called the front desk to inquire they did offer to come up at that time (7:00 pm!). At this point I had already settled in the for the evening and ordered room service so it was very inconvenient (and being a woman traveling alone) so I declined to let them come up. Since the first two days were fine I hoped that maybe it was a temporary problem and I would not encounter the same issue the next day, but I was wrong. I left my room on the fourth morning for work for a few hours but returned near noon to check out. The hotel had left a message on my room phone saying they could now come up and fix the problem....bad timing since I was checking out that day and fixing the problem really did me no good at that point. I went to the front desk to check out and express my disappointment. They did comp my room service from the night before and offered me a few Marriott points, however I found it a very disappointing experience at hotel of this quality and level of customer service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback, and I am sorry we did not provide you the excellent service you should expect. This is not typical of our team, and I will speak to my Front Office and Engineering teams in this regard. We will take the necessary steps to correct any issues.
It was a pleasure to have you with us, and I do hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service and facility.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I attended a conference here and found the public areas beautiful and all the staff I encountered very helpful and attentive. I will review the sports bar separately, but I recommend it if you are staying here!

Negatives- Parking fees and Internet Access are exorbitant. Tech support seemed very lacking for the presenters. There were no bed liners in the restroom changing tables- that is fairly common, but I thought at a prestigious property such as this one, they might have taken that extra step to be above par.

Speaking of the restrooms- if you use them, note that they are no-touch, but they are not self flushing! You have to waive your hand over them to flush, it seemed people didn't realize this. Not the hotel's fault of course, but a little tip for you to be courteous for the next person.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your comments regarding the parking and wanted you to know that we are competitive with all the full-service hotels in downtown.
I also understand your comments about the Internet. We are required by Marriott to follow their pricing guidelines so there is consistency within the brand. To give our guests an option we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants.
Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This was a beautiful hotel with friendly and helpful staff. My only negative is that it wasn't very kid friendly. The pool was small and super hot in the room not the water. Also in the bathrooms inthe pool area u had to have ur key to get OUT of the bathroom????
We have stayed in the JW in DC and on Marco Island Florida...both of which were very kid friendly.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry the service levels were not up to par. We always try to provide our guests with an excellent experience, and I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations.
I will speak to my Director of Engineering regarding the room temperature in the pool area. We do have a lock on the bathroom door heading to the pool as a safety precaution for young children.
Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and I do hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'm pretty bummed out that I didn't have the same experience as the first. My first review was over the top A++. But it didn't even feel like the same hotel. Well, same hotel, definitely different management. The first time it felt like I was at Disney, people were greeting me everywhere I went, everyone was smiling, basically kissing my butt. Everyone was on top of their game. This time, the staff could have cared less that I was there. When I pulled into the valet area they weren't even paying attention, no direction at all. The girl at the front desk took care of me but she seemed a little lost and just didn't seem like she wanted to be there. The hostesses were more into talking to each other than seeing if I needed a table. The waiter was the only one that gave us great service. The lobby was very dirty on the 1st floor and 2nd floor. Very dusty, trash laying around. Our bed was rock hard and last year it was so comfortable. We woke up after about 5 hours and couldn't take it anymore. We had to get up. Can't believe the difference a year makes!

Room Tip: If you stay on the city side the sun will wake you up. If you stay on the river side you can watch the sun set.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry to read that the service levels during your visit were not up to our standard. We always try to provide our guests with an excellent experience, and I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that I will share your comments with the team and we will review our training standards with them.
Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence.