“Amazing Restaurant”

Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between E. 49th St & E. 50th St.
Description: Great place with a menu that changes every night!
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is an amazing amazing restaurant. It's really nice to let the chef decide what you will eat, and it was delicious. We got to meet the chef, and he was very kind and happy. The area is great, the food is great, the service is great... nothing bad to say about Recess!!

1  Thank Olivia B

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I found it very exciting to just have the chef decide the menu. It was excellent. The flavor layers were amazing - yes I sound like a foodie but it really was layered flavors. We had the wine pairings also and it was great. Certainly wines I knew nothing about but I will look for. The place is very casual and comfortable and I think it actually accentuates the food more. The service was very friendly and attentive and descriptive.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was our first visit to Recess. When we went there was a $58 four-course offering. The first course was ceviche, the second was halibut, the third was beef, and the fourth was a very nice salted caramel pudding. Everything was good. Service was very good and the room is pleasant.

1  Thank ipeguy
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

This is the third or fourth time here. The menu we had recently was ok but nothing top exciting. The quality of food is excellent but I didn't honk to interesting. The wine list is good and the service is excellent

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is by far the best restaurant in Indianapolis. It is a fixed menu with a few options available but the whole idea of it is to experience new things. I love going and having an amazing meal of things that I wouldn't necessarily order from a menu (mostly because of limited experience with some dishes). It's a controlled adventure but always amazing!!!